Thread: Moving? Don't want to spend a lot of money on furniture?

Moving? Don't want to spend a lot of money on furniture?

Problem solved:

FedEx Furniture

Supposedly FedEx threatened to sue... and the guy's not even selling anything on his site!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

looks like he spent more in FedEx boxes than he would have for deacent second hand furniture.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    looks like he spent more in FedEx boxes than he would have for deacent second hand furniture.
    That's the thing. Fedex boxes are free.

even if you don't plan to ship anything?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I work for FedEx... A lot of us think it's really cool. And as old as that site is, I don't think the allegations of a lawsuit are true. the last time we threatened to sue someone, their website was taken down within days. Of course, they pretty much stole our website design and used it for their own - even used our pics, which still had FedEx logos...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    even if you don't plan to ship anything?
    Well if you have an account, they will drop off boxes and materials, or you can go there and pick up boxes and materials.

They assume you will use that to ship things, I guess, but they never asked for payment up front. They have a lot of drop boxes around with materials as well, outside of their stores or whatever (or at least they used to).

I mean, theoretically, I think (Sevenstar correct me if I'm wrong), you could open an account on the web, fill out all the info, have them ship you basically any materials you want. You wouldn't even have to leave your house or pay them anything.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-08-2006 at 06:05 PM.

ROFL, maybe it is true. I just looked at one of the letters - that is our letterhead, and I actually know the guy who wrote one of the letters. We're not friends or anything, but I've dealt with projects before that he took part of.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

That's pretty awesome. I helped a friend get some furniture for his new place once. We got it from abandoned houses. I admit this isn't as safe as the FedEx box method, but I did get an SNES and Nintemdo 64 from this one house. Trust, this place was abandoned....so I wasn't taking any kids' toys from them
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

Quote Originally Posted by bung bo View Post
    That's pretty awesome. I helped a friend get some furniture for his new place once. We got it from abandoned houses. I admit this isn't as safe as the FedEx box method, but I did get an SNES and Nintemdo 64 from this one house. Trust, this place was abandoned....so I wasn't taking any kids' toys from them
    Picking up stuff that isn't tied down is the first step to being an actual criminal. It's hard to explain to cops sometimes why you're in some house taking stuff.