Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got challenged Friday night...

I wonder if you beat him cuz he was the hippie that used to post here that didn't eat any protein.

Some hippie was arguing with me in the training forum a few years ago because I said you needed protein to build muscle, and he disagreed with me. Then he went on to post all these hippie websites as "proof" of protein not being required to build muscle. Finally, his last attempt at proving me wrong was "well my Sifu doesn't ever eat any protein and he's faster and stronger than you and could beat you up." I was like whoa, you got me there, tough guy.

Anyway, I suck at arm wrestling, and if I challenged someone to it it would be for like $1, not $70. D.amn. I also have small hands and wrists and I always get my wrist bent back so I get crap leverage. But if I lost I'd challenge them to a pullup contest double or nothing.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

It would be hard not to eat any protein and you wouldn't live very long.

I was wondering why the guy waiting on our table was acting the way he was. Oso, with all those martial arts schools in town, ya think hippy had some skills? He looked pretty sure of himself.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Must have been one of those fake Traditional Hippies, who's guru is a fraud, probably never went to Woodstock, did peyote or danced naked all night at a solstice fest. Probably just grew some hair, somked some weed and thought that was enough to get hip.

You're lucky you didn't come across a real Dead Head...could have been a different story...

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    LOL...I've met a couple of those dudes Yum Cha...for one, they wouldn't be making an idiotic challenge to someone in the middle of his righteous hoagie...for two, I might have lost someone elses money so I wouldn't have played.

IF, he'd been eating plenty o' meat. He was as proportionally chunky as I am. He was supposedly 195 at about 5'8'' or 5'9''. This guy definitely thought he had some arm wrestling skillz. He tried to lock in and get my wrist pushed back right away but couldn't get it (thank you wrestling/kung fu/jujitsu and plumbing).

to be honest, I think I won because I affected a horse stance while seated in the chair, got good root and put my breathing behind my efforts. heh, I was more in tune with the earth than he was...stupid hippie.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Yeah, I don’t think dude was in tune with the earth or anything else. That’ll happen when you get high and let your friends talk you into actualizing your low low potential. Here's how it happened:

“Ok, so, like, my friends are really stupid and they want to bet 50 bucks that I can beat anyone at this table at arm wrestling..” – Hapless Hippie Challenger

The six of us raise eyebrows at each other and surmise that this hippie isn’t kidding. We are also silently and unanimously electing Oso to take the challenge. Oso looks him over, gets up, chuckles, and observes, “Dude, you got short arms”. Money is coughed up on both sides and they sit down to begin. Poor Hapless is clearly used to winning with his short arm, bent wrist technique but it isn’t working very well. So he does what any silly hippie in a tight spot does, he cheats and blames someone else. He is standing up out of his chair and gripping the table across from him with his free hand while simultaneously shouting at Oso not to cheat. Then, when the back of his hand is centimeters from the table, he lets go and sets his arm up on the table like he’s ready to begin again and says, “Ok, this time no cheating.” Hollering commences from the peanut gallery. Oso calmly calls him a loser and begins from the top, once again pushing this dudes arm down towards the table. It’s very hard for the hippie not cheat but he makes a valiant effort this time, he only holds the table for short intervals and lets go when the heckling gets too loud. Soon the inevitable occurs and the guy’s hand is smushed against the little table. He’s a jerk about losing of course but he pays for the privilege with the inexplicable 20 bucks that he pops back over to throw at our table. Who woulda thought a hippie would have $$ in the double digits?!? I guess I'd like to thank him (aka his parents) for contributing to the Pong Lai Tasgall Ale fund!
    Last edited by Pie Anne; 09-11-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Anne View Post
    That’ll happen when you get high and let your friends talk you into actualizing your low low potential.
    LOL!!!!!

I vote for this as the best one-liner from a brand new member...EVER!!!!

You might want to wait a couple of days to go back there. Because if he spent his pot $ on wrestling money he might be in a bad mood.

You never know what he'll do to your food while you're not looking.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    You might want to wait a couple of days to go back there. Because if he spent his pot $ on wrestling money he might be in a bad mood.

You never know what he'll do to your food while you're not looking.

Don't forget "Short term memory loss" you're probably sweet.

If anything remind him he still owes you the last $20 of the bet.

Anybody tried arm wrestling grasping the free hands underneath in the middle? Works a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    heh, I was more in tune with the earth than he was...stupid hippie.
    LOL as in coffee all over monitor funny

He sounds like a weird kind of hippy though. I mean I'm not a big fan of hippies but the ones I remember meeting really did have that mellow thing going and weren't into macho displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapten Klutz View Post
    LOL as in coffee all over monitor funny

He sounds like a weird kind of hippy though. I mean I'm not a big fan of hippies but the ones I remember meeting really did have that mellow thing going and weren't into macho displays.
    It does really makes no sense. Maybe he was jonesing and short on $, so he thought he could pick up some extra $ for some weed?

I don't go there too often so I doubt I'll be back there again soon. it's an open kitchen though...the whole restaurant can see the cooks working so I'm not worried aobut that.

he didn't want to do the off hand grasping thing..demanded the hands be flat on the table...

the young hippies in the western NC mountains are mostly college kids with too much of granpa's money sitting in the bank. we also have a fair number of the outdoorsy hippie types as well...rock climbers and boaters...so, not all of them are burnouts and I used to hang with a number of the boater types...good guys, they just lit up after the run whereas I would drink a beer.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Pie Anne

Welcome Michigan girl! Great first post, look forward to you gracing us here.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Greetings..

Dang, Oso.. now look what you've done.. we're going to be up there in a couple of weeks.. we were planning on a dinner at the 'shroom.. wait!! i have an idea, free dinner sounds good.. LOL, good for you, Oso.. but, you're right, the paddlers and climbers are okay, they do some serious training in their own disciplines..

We'll be over at the Nanty, three of us are camping at Brookside and the rest of my students will be at Nantahala Village.. come on over if you get the chance, we'll do dinner at Relia's Garden..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

TCB, either give me a hollar or PM me with a contact number and I'll try to meet you over there.