Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: martialartsmart.com = good, cheap stuff

Maybe the problem is I put it through the drier? I have this one:

http://www.martialartsmart.net/11-1600x.html

It comes out all krinkly if I put it through the drier. Maybe I should just hang it to dry or something.

I don't even own an iron

The pants in those are the same as the ones I wear. I've not really experienced a problem with excessive wrinkling. Perhaps it's something to do with the water in your area or your dryer? You could try a fabric softener.

Hey! Wait a minute! When did this turn into a Chinese laundry?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The pants in those are the same as the ones I wear. I've not really experienced a problem with excessive wrinkling. Perhaps it's something to do with the water in your area or your dryer? You could try a fabric softener.

Hey! Wait a minute! When did this turn into a Chinese laundry?
    That's the same uniform we used to wear, and the same one I have several of...

I'll agree, if you leave it in the dryer too long it'll come out nasty and wrinkled. It's your laundering technique, not the garment, that makes it look bad.

Take it out before it's 100% dry and hang it up. It'll be fine by morning.
    Matt Stone

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1 View Post
    That's the same uniform we used to wear, and the same one I have several of...

I'll agree, if you leave it in the dryer too long it'll come out nasty and wrinkled. It's your laundering technique, not the garment, that makes it look bad.

Take it out before it's 100% dry and hang it up. It'll be fine by morning.
    I'm not buying the garment thing. My old Kim Pacific uniform was fine if you left it in. It was much heavier fabric than this. This thing is totally flimsy.

I'll try the drying technique, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    I'm not buying the garment thing.
    Whatever, man... Do what you want. Everytime I've offered you a suggestion about anything you do your best to be contrary.
    Matt Stone

Quote Originally Posted by YiLiQuan1 View Post
    Whatever, man... Do what you want. Everytime I've offered you a suggestion about anything you do your best to be contrary.
    Like I said, I'll try it. I still think the garment is too flimsy though.

Gene, is there a moderator discount? Ha ha.
    Bless you

There is a moderator discount...

...it's a program that we're still working the bugs out of, sorry to say. We have a discount code that moderators can use, but implementing this has been an issue lately. Now that you've reminded me, I'll push to get it completed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Is there a troll markup?
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

lol

You're right, CF, there totally should be.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

So I was having a discussion with a guy at work last week about the critical thing vs. complaining thing.

Because a lot of time on this board if you say something critical, they think you're complaining or a troll. Like the uniform thing.

Anyway, I guess I will have to have my own uniforms made, because I can't find anything suitable pre-made. I did find some suitable fabric this weekend.

I'm still waiting for the MasterKiller discount code.

Gene, why don't you make "REAL" sparring equipment and market it towards the San Shou/San Da crowd. You could feature some prominent San Shou/San Da fighters in the ads, kinda like what you guys already do with Jenna Castillo.

I'd love too...

...but looking at our market research, it's just not profitable enough at this time, sad to say. That market is small and cornered. Right now, sanda is small and niche; it just can't generate the numbers to warrant us developing our own line at this time. A few years ago, I was working hard to try to import China-made equipment at the request of some Sanda people. I had it all set up and we could have done it quite easily, but frankly, there wasn't enough players at that time that could justify our expense. It's sort of like when we used to carry Shuai Chiao jackets. They just didn't sell enough for us to make it worth our investment. Most of the people active in it simply got there stuff directly from China. So inevitably, we had to close out the line.

That being said, I truly hope that the sport grows so we can offer such equipment in the future. I haven't given up there.

As for Jenna, she's very easy to work with and comes by with homemade brownies and such. In fact, she was by just last week to thank us for inviting her to our Fearless screening. I've extended open invitations to many of the local sanda people to come by for modelling. Some of the coaches are very possessive and controlling, but perhaps that's par for the course for a good coach.

Anyway, keep you fingers crossed. Hopefully sanda will gain in popularity here in America. Once there's a fair sized market, we'll be able to do all sorts of stuff with it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ironing your uniform, haw (snort)

i always thought it would be fun to strap up with one of those tkd chest protectors and kick each other 100% jst to see what it's like...

the xia, is that James Hong in your avatar??
    Master...Teach me kung fu.