Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: martialartsmart.com = good, cheap stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I recently ordered new sparring gear, it was cheaper than any other place I could find for shin guards, headgear, handwraps, and everything else. Good job guys.
    notice how it rythmes with wal-mart... cheap is right. people have got to snap out of this cookie-cutter mentality.

Judogi

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    In America, TKD provides the bulk of the income for all of the large MA companies. If you've been thinking that CMA has a major purchase hold on the economy of American MA, wake up and smell the coffee...or tea...or whatever it is you drink to wake up. There are three main moneymakers in martial arts: TKD, nunchuks and ninjas. CMA is pretty far down on the list, sad to day. It's a difficult market. There are so many variations of CMA that it's hard to sell gear that meets everyone's needs. For example, just look at uniforms. MartialArtsMart offers a fair selection of CMA uniforms, but there are tons of different styles that we have yet to offer, or have discontinued. A classic example is the Shuai Chiao uniform - we were one of the first American companies to offer it, but we had to discontinue it because it wasn't selling enough to justify keeping it on our shelves. TKD, on the other hand, is standard and simple, so if anything, we're always trying to expand the line of TKD uniforms by making stuff up. Such is the nature of martial arts in America.

But contrast that with the fact that we used to have a TKD magazine called Dojang. It only ran 8 issues until it proved to be not viable. Then we merged it with our Japanese based mag, Dojo, to form World of Martial Arts. In 1999, we abandoned that and just focused on Kung Fu Tai Chi. Why? CMA has the richest history. KMA and JMA trace their lineage back to China. And China has one of the longest recorded histories and accordingly, one of the most complex cultures in the world. In eight issues, we pretty much tapped the sum of TKD history. In over 90 issues, we've barely even scratched the surface of CMA.
    I got my judogi from Martialarts mart back in 2000. I wore it to judo 3 days a week for a year, rolled in it, at class and outside at home. When it got grass and dirt stains on the knees, I bleached it. I wore the pants to bed, and to early gong fu classes. I wore them on the street even.

They ripped a little at the seem this year, and ended up splitting all the way to the thigh. I wanted to sew them, but my wife threw them away.

8 years, of sometimes daily, and at most every three day use. Thousands of washes.

You can't beat that.

I've only bought things I couldn't get at MAM from elsewhere. I will even wait for items to come back in stock before I buy them anywhere else, and if people bring up other spots, I make them feel stupid, until they all cowtow and buy only from MAM

I'm grateful for the years of good old fashioned honest service, quality stuff and fair prices.
    "Siezing oppurtunities causes them to multiply" Sun Tze

MartialArtSmart has a New Loog! WIN a Limited-Edition MartialArtSmart Hoody!

Enter to win KungFuMagazine.com's contest for a Limited-Edition MartialArtSmart Hoody! Contest ends 5:00 p.m. PST on 12/5/2019.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our winners are announced

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart