Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buck Sing Choy Lay Fut DVD - Master Dave Lacey

Tam Sing

I was unclear about a comment I saw on the thread. Tam Sing wasn't Tam Sam's son. My Sifu knew him and called one of his disicples brother. Tam Sing was a disicple of grand master's Tam Fei Pang and Lung Jee. Also he wasn't a blood realtive to Tam Sam or Fei Pang (correct me if I'm wrong) he simply had the same surname. SIfu did describe him as Lung Jee's "bevolved disciple" though.

I also agre that the footage is absolutely pricless! Sifu told me that when he was living in Hong Kong with Tam Fei Pang he got to see the footage of Lai Hung and Chan Woo Lueng fighting and winning some of thier full contact bouts in cambodia (or some ware else I'm not sure). Has anyone out there ever seen any of that footage? That would be priceless up on youtube!
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SatoriScience
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

That was my bad then I assumed since it was buk sing footage that Tam Sing was a son of Tam Sam or possibly some kind of relative. In any event I think he did pass away before Tam Fei Pang, which is what I was kind of asking about.

I made the same assumption when I first heard Sifu talk about him. It actually wasn't until the footage got posted & I showed it to sifu and started asking questions about Tam Sing that I learned more about him. I had actually confused stories about him with Grand Master Fei Pang's adpoted son Mung Fei.

Sifu tells some pretty awsome stories about Master Tam Sing, He said that his bridge was at least a few inches thick and long and stuck off his wrist with a raised edge. He tells one story ware his brother was pushing hands with Tam Sing and banged wrists with him. He ended up a bruise over the whole inside of his hand. And this was a senior disciple in his own right. I guess they use to train gwa-sow by hitting trees.

Does anyone know if any of Tam Fei Pang's students are still around LA?

Also, to anyone in the San Fransico area, is there anyone teaching Bak Hsing across the bridge in Oakland? I saw some pics on Master Dave Lacey's site of a demo in Oakland China town. My sifu was curious becuase he taught there in the early 70's and he wondered if any of his students were still around.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com
    "Whip the pole like the dragon whips its tail. Punches are like a tiger sticking out its head!"

more vids

I just tracked this one down the other day. I' almost certain that its Bak Hsing Fut Gar, but is only called Fut Gar in the heading. Its definately Sup Jee Kuen though. Check it out, its dope!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRkeoqDDPc
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

The performer is Wai Lap Kei son of Wai Sing. Both were friends with my sifu, Lee Koon Hung and Li Siu Hung.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori Science View Post
    I just tracked this one down the other day. I' almost certain that its Bak Hsing Fut Gar, but is only called Fut Gar in the heading. Its definately Sup Jee Kuen though. Check it out, its dope!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YRkeoqDDPc
    looks more like siu ping kune to me

Sifu Wai came to our school last year and helped us out with our dragon dance routine, tricks, and technique and music. He might be coming back sometime this year, it was before and would be again a lot of fun. It's too bad he does'nt speak english, and I don't speak cantonese.

Brother #9 what school do you train @. Your profile says MD, I have family in Baltimore and am there often.

Ther reason I said obviously Sup Jee was because the first two lines of his form have the exact same techniques in the exact same order as my lineage's Sup Jee, Which is the only time I've ever seen any CLF's form use the same lines in the same order, hung sing or Bak Hsing. But with the exception of the obvious variations the three trad. forms in Bak Hsing are so similar that it could have been any of them i agree.

Cheers, its awsome to see so much conversation about Bak Hsing and that Master Dave Lacey is taking the time to share his skill with the rest of the world. Best luck on the DVD and keep us informed.
    Robert James
    5th Gen. Bak Hsing Kwoon
    bakhsingkwoon@gmail.com

I train at Tai Yim Kung Fu in Kensington, MD, (Hung Fut) not far from Silver Spring or Rockville, but about 45 min or so from B'more. I don't know if my Sifu knew Sifu Wai from HK, before the Seattle tournament last year, where that vid clip was from. I did'nt get to go. But I assume he (Sifu Wai) was invited and then accepted to come to Kensington for a few days and help us with our dragon. When he comes back, he will give us some tips on lion tricks as well as follow up on helping us improve our dragon dance routine and music for the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Sing Gwoon View Post
    Hi everyone,

The dvd is coming along but may be a few months before its released..... Ill keep you posted.

Anton... I think that you wanting a dvd and then saying that you trained with a former BSCLF student doesnt really impress me or anyone as You havent trained at the Gwoon for way over 9 years.

Your an ex junior student who went AWOL, yet like so many other students out there want to be recognised or affiliated with Choy Lay Fut in general be it Buck Sing, Hung Sing CLF etc, even though you dont train!

Quote" Can't believe I missed this thread! Just trained a bit the other day with another former old-school Melbourne BSG student. I'd love to get a copy of this when it comes out. "

Its great the you like BSCLF however training with and old school mate briefly and training diligently at the kung fu school are two very different things. What do you guys remember? Not much! how well do you do what little you know? Not well! Yet you love to show off and pretend to know what your doing and tell people that you do or practice CLF! What a joke!

Kung fu requires hard work and perseverence among many other things.

Its also not required that you tell the world that you trained with an old school mate... unless of course that makes you feel better

If you truly want to train PM me and ill give you the address of the school....

P.S If i remember correctly i briefly saw you about 2 years ago when you came into my class with a few friends, said hi, watched for a while then left......

Nick
    CLFBSG

Sorry if I caused any disrespect or offence Nick,

I have never spoken of BSCLF as anything more than something I trained in a long time ago and enjoyed. I have never claimed to be currently or recently training at a school. If it hasn't been clear previously I publicly state now that I have no affiliation with Sifu Dave Lacey, Sifu Nick or BSCLF, apart from having trained under them when I was a lot younger and owing them and a few other BSCLF Melbourne instructors a debt of gratitude for the things I learned at the time. My BSCLF skill level now is near non-existant and I do not remember a single form in it's entirety. If I have ever given the contrary impression I apologise and take this opportunity to correct that.

I have in the past stepped into a few conversations where I felt the name of Sifu Lacey was being impugned by people who had no right to pass judgment on him. If I was wrong in doing so I apologise for any disrespect caused. If in those conversations people got the impression that I somehow represent or am currently affiliated with Sifu Lacey or BSCLF, I now clarify that I am not. I was just standing up for the good name of a person whom I respect.

I hope it is clear that my mentioning practicing a few drills with a mate was no attempt to affiliate myself with BSCLF or show off. I meant it merely as a passing remark, and if it caused offence I apologise.

I had heard that you closed your school down and I assumed that a dvd and some friends who had trained more recently than myself would be the only way to practice. I guess that's my fault for listening to rumours.
    I am glad to hear that your school remains open and as soon as I am in a position to give BSCLF the kind of commitment it deserves (hopefully sooner rather than later) I would be happy to take it up.

I did come in a few years ago. Mainly because some friends were interested in joining (they ended up being full of BS) and because I wanted to catch up with yourself and any other people I had known when I trained and to see the new school.

I wasn't in a position to train more than once a week at the time which would probably not have been worth it . Kung fu takes a lot of hard work and perseverance as you say, and the reason I had quit training in the first place was because I no longer had the time to train more than once a week - which would have been a waste of everyone's time.

Again I apologise if I have been disrespectful or have caused any offence or made any misrepresentation.
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

Does anyone know if these DVDs ever came out?

Did you stop working on the dvd?
    Im still very intersted.