Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Training hard

Wednesday:
    4.1 mile run w/ lots of hills
    kung fu trainings

Bodyweight/calisthenics circuit-
    100 jumping jacks followed by 3 rounds of the following:
    (one minute each exercise, no rest between exercises )
    push ups, burpees, squat thrusts, mountain climbers, squats, calf raises, pull ups, arm circles, sit ups, crunches, kick outs (or bicycle), and flutter kicks.

later in the evening:
    boxing

I felt pretty good today I had lots of energy.
    How do you beat a man who trains harder than you and who puts himself through more pain than any person ever could? -You don't.

Thursday-

Elliptical 20min.

Back,traps,bis.

Back- Close grip pull downs 4 sets
    Hammer strength pull downs mid grip 3 sets
    Hammer strength rows 3 sets
    Cable Rows 3 sets
    Wide grip behind the neck pull downs 3 sets

Bis- Barbell curls 4 sets

Bi and Traps superset- Hammer Curls 3 sets, last set drop set
    Rotating shrugs 3 sets, last set drop set

MMA Class
    How do you beat a man who trains harder than you and who puts himself through more pain than any person ever could? -You don't.

Friday-

Run (hard/fast) 2 miles

same circuit as wed

MMA class

I recently found the discipline to switch to a six meal a day eating plan again. My metabolism is increasing as is my strength and weight loss.

Meal one- 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 banana, 1/4c blueberries, 3 eggwhites
    Meal two- Myoplex shake
    meal three- chicken breast, 1 can green beans, 2 whole grain rice cakes, lite yogurt
    meal four- low carb chocolate protein shake (GNC)
    meal five- 1 cup pinto beans, 1 chickem breast, salad light dressing
    meal six- protein shake (GNC)

30 min. treadmill

15 min. speedbag

burpee/push up/ pull up/ leglift (one movement) 2mins. x 10

forms

kung fu trainings

Sunday-
    15 min. speed bag
    5 x 3min. rounds heavy bag
    punch out 3 min.
    kicking drill (trading kicks w/ partner thigh, stomach, stomach/thigh combo)
    Shin stregthening exercise
    Leg/balance manipulation training (partner)
    skip rope 5 min.
    worked on techniques with a partner.

Still sticking to the diet lost a total of eight lbs. this week.
    Today-
    meal 1- oatmeal/banana/4 egg whites
    meal 2- myoplex shake
    meal 3- 3/4c. pasta/tuna/peas
    meal 4- gnc protein shake
    meal 5- 1c. rice/ chicken breast/ brocolli

1 gallon of water throughout the day.

The diet has really made a difference not only as far as weight loss is concerned, but also in accelerating my metabolism. The weight loss will probably slow down. When it does, I will have a cheat day and then start back the next day. I'll either keep it the same or possibly cut out the carbs at my last meal.

Monday-
    took it kinda easy today.

45 min. treadmill (wore thermal shirt, t-shirt, 2 sweat shirts, and hooded sweat shirt, to get some serious sweat going)

boxing

Diet- cheat day ate pizza, cookies, hot peanuts, little debbie, 3 pot pies for dinner. Afterwards I felt like crap, my stomach was hating me for it. You have to fool the body to keep it from plateauing on the diet. After what ate today and how my body felt I can't wait to get back on my diet on tuesday.

I haven't had much of a cheat day, sugar in coffee is about the only thing. I'm gonna pig out after my fight on the 14th. Are you going to the tournament?

Plus I'm also competing in submission tournament in the burgh on the 28th, and i'll need to gain some weigh (cause I'm not losing anymore) the weight classes are like 160 and 175, I will be at 165 for the 14th (I'm already down to like 167/68).

I will eat greasy, sugary, things
    Bless you

Yeah I'll be there. I'm just going to be there as a spectator and to see a few old friends.

Today-
    judo

20 min. elliptical
    1 hr. bike

chest/shoulder/tris

chest-
    bench 4 sets
    incline bench 4 sets
    dips 3 sets
    cable crossovers 3 sets

shoulders-
    military press 4 sets
    lateral raise machine 4 sets
    cable front raises 3 sets

tris-
    rope push downs 3 sets

I only do one isolation exercise for the tris because I hit them in all of the compound movements I do (ie. bench and military press etc.).

Diet-
    1. Oats/banana/4 egg whites
    2. Myoplex shake
    3. 1c.rice/2c. brocolli/ chix breast
    4. gnc shake
    5. chix breast/ salad w/light dressing/potato sauteed in nonfat cooking spray

wednesday-

3 mile hard run (lots of hills)

Combination movement- burpee/pull up/leg lift (6 sets 10 reps)

Mountain climbers

knees to elbows (crossfit movement)

Diet-
    1. Oats/1tsp honey/1tsp cinnamon/4 egg whites
    2. myoplex shake
    3. 1c. rice/chix breast/green beens
    4. gnc shake
    5. tiger milk bar/peanuts
    6. progresso beef and vegetable soup/ oyster crackers

I've been looking into the crossfit exercise program lately. Has anyone tried this program out? What kind of results did you achieve? Did you like it or dislike it?

chief fox was doing it at some point - not sure if he still is or not. He had good things to say about it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Cross fit is really some pretty good stuff. When I was doing personal training I would get people onto routines based around Cross Fit workouts.

Personally, I would not bother trying to match their workout of the day and instead maybe take a specific workout and do that one in a circuit once or twice a week.

They are also very generalized with savage intensity usually being the only common thing from week to week. I think it would be a good way to burn out if you are going to train as much as you do and try to keep up with the WOD.
    A unique snowflake

Yeah, I actually started to feel a little burned out at the beginning of the week so I took a night off from boxing and tonight from mma. I did an intense but short workout yesterday and today. I like their theory on training and I'm going to incorporate some of it into my training. For the most part I'm pretty happy with what I'm doing but I like some of the exercises (knees to elbows etc.). It seems as though they strive to obtain real world/ functional strength and fitness. I'm a believer in training the body in order to making it better capable of what it was ment to do (ie. lifting objects, running, swimming, climbing, jumping, etc.). Thanks for the input.

Thursday-

Back, biceps, traps

wide grip lat pull downs- 4 sets
    Hammer pull downs- 4 sets
    wide grip t-bar rows 4 sets
    Hammer rows -4 sets
    deadlift/straight bar shrugs (superset)- 4 sets
    wide upright row/diamond bar shrugs (super set)- 4 sets
    dumbell curls- 4 sets (last set drop set)
    preacher curls- 4 sets (last set partial reps at the top to failure)
    double cable curls- 4 sets

I felt good at the gym I had very little rest between sets ( rested only as long as it took my partner to do his set). During the supersets I there was no rest. I went back and forth to each exercise. One thing I do different than a lot of people is that I do upright rows on back day instead of shoulder day. My reasoning for this is the fact that upright rows are a pulling movement and it makes more sense to me to do them on my pull day. Not only that I seem to feel them more in my traps and rear delts than I do in the medial head or the frontal head. When I perform them rather than just pulling them up, I also pull them slightly back under my chin and I squeeze my traps.

Quote Originally Posted by franco1688 View Post
    One thing I do different than a lot of people is that I do upright rows on back day instead of shoulder day. My reasoning for this is the fact that upright rows are a pulling movement and it makes more sense to me to do them on my pull day.
    I do this also.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    chief fox was doing it at some point - not sure if he still is or not. He had good things to say about it.
    Crossfit is a great workout and the online community is great but i've stopped doing it. I couldn't figure it out. There wasn't any rhyme or reason to the structure. I wasn't sure why I was doing what i was doing.

I've since started doing the Never Gymless workout by Ross Enamait. It is very Crossfit-esque in it's intensity but he encourages you to make a goal and taylor your workouts to that goal. This just makes sense. My workouts now have more meaning.

I still do some of my Crossfit favorites from time to time. Like Fight gone bad. Great workout and a great test of fitness.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I checked out the website for Never Gymless. It looks like good stuff. Today I took a much needed day of rest. As I said earlier I was feeling a little burned out. By rest day I mean from training only. I put in 8 hours at work, then I took a truckload of wood over too my dad's house and wheel barreled it over to where he wanted it stacked. Finally, both of us had nails in our tires so I plugged both of them. Needless to say, I had a fun-filled action packed day. I still feel pretty refreshed though, and I'm ready to hit it hard tomorrow.

Friday-
    Rest

Diet- I was running around a lot so I strayed from eating 5-6 meals.

meal 1- peanuts, sugar free no fear
    meal 2- apple, banana, chix breast
    meal 3- homemade fried rice (rice, green peppers, onions, celery, brocolli, tbs. low sodium soy sauce), green beans, chix breast