Dude, I talked to the guy TODAY. He's from Beijing. He even gave me the Chinese letters written down, which I would transfer to computer except

....there's no point in dealing with you anymore.

And yet....here you are......

The Chinese "letters" are written down on every single one of the links that I gave you.

肚兜

肚 = tummy

兜 = a pocket, pouch or similarly shaped object.

He told you what it was called and I have provided pictures. Just not very similar to the Japanese thing at all. China just doesn't seem to have that kind of traditional clothing. You have clearly either misunderstood him or he misunderstood you. Don't keep flaunting your ignorance on the subject like you always do by trying to argue this point. There is no connection between the hong dou and "yao dai", or traditional Chinese belt. Completely different items worn for completely different reasons. You're arguing from "this dude told me..." and I am arguing from "Oh yeah, I know what that is from personal experience. No. Not what you're thinking of." I even provided pictures of both the traditional kind worn by women, the kind worn by babies and the new fasion version that "everyone's wearing these days".

NONE of them serve as a belt of to keep anything warm or are worn for health reasons. The belt, as worn by most southern stylists, has been a common article of traditional Chinese clothing for just as long as the du dou. There's no evidence whatsoever that one came from the other.

You're just speaking out yer rear end and only arguing because it's embarrasing to get called on it.