Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to get serious

I finally got my closure...
    i hope my ex fiancee and her new husband are happy.
    http://www.xanga.com/ehud

i may not be working out today
    but i'm not going to let it go on past another day or so
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I ended up working out yesterday anyway
    i was a bit angry and my lungs were in bad shape so my workout wasn't the greatest

3 rounds shadowboxing w/gloves & weight vest
    4 rounds heavybag, 2 w/weight vest
    4 rounds double end bag
    1 round shadowboxing

was just real tired at the end.

no payback from the emails i sent after learning the truth, as far as the ex situation goes, so i think i'm in the clear.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Haven't forgotten about working out, but i've been busy as all heck.
    I've had to stay at work past 7 all this week- gym closes at 8 and been having problems with my sleep.

In fact my whole routine's garbage, but i have been at least having fun.
    my friend took me to a dope thai restaurant on wednesday- best one in the area.
    on tuesday i went to a private, members-only japanese bar.
    on sunday i played the wii.

sometimes i still wake up a lil angry and ticked off, but i don't really care about what happens to those 2; they could die a horrible death or live happily until 100, i just don't want to care about it anymore. i've decided it's not worth paying anymore mind to them, so it's frustrating to wake up and think about that.

i've got a few girls i'm talking to, not sure where any of 'em are gonna go.
    one i want i could probably have but the distance is a recipe for disaster.
    another one i want may be turning around now that there's some resolution.
    my best bet is probably just seeing who drops by the japanese bar.

before anyone gets on me for trying to hook up already, for starters, it's fun to have someone to think about, and i don't think a casual relationship would be such a bad thing now, 5 months after the fact. Yeah, i may have trust issues for a while but i'd rather just have some fun & being a hermit's not fun.

for next week i'm really just going to try to get my schedule and bad habits fixed; so i can work from there.

right now, it's almost like when i was on the zoloft- i just can't get worked up about anything, including cutting my sleep short to wake up for work, going to bed early, or living my life around the gym.

Man, being a hermit is awesome. train, read and play video games. being a semi hermit is cool too. date women, then go home and train, read and play video games.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Yeah, i just kinda like to have a girl (or something else) to focus on.
    Coz if i don't have a girl to focus on, my mind's gonna keep drifting back to this stupid year.

i'm kinda neurotic, my mind's almost impossible to turn off, usually i focus on a passion and just run after it, but lately i don't have a passion.

I have a general idea of what i'm gonna do from here on out- ie my masters & next summer's vacation; but I don't have anything that i wanna throw myself into.

Boxing's fun, but it's not a life's passion for me anymore - maybe because i don't feel like i'm learning anything down at that gym. I feel like I could get just as much training in if i just had all that equipment at my apartment.

Like I said, i really don't care what goes on with them, all i really want is something to be passionate about and for karma to swing my way a bit, after such a tough year... not to sound selfish or arrogant, but i kinda feel i've earned it...

if i had to go through all that to start enjoying my life for real again, like i hadn't in years, i can accept that. going to that japanese bar made me realize that it was the kind of spot that i've really missed these past 10 years.

work, boxing, video games, working out... nothing really does it for me...
    i should probably go back to jogging...
    i've spent crazy money (talking 5 figures easy) on distractions this year because i haven't had anything to throw myself into and be passionate about.

just kinda drifting...

"Man, being a hermit is awesome. train, read and play video games. being a semi hermit is cool too. date women, then go home and train, read and play video games."

LOL either sounds perfect to me. not really sure how people have families...think that would send me running for a cave somewhere...or some heinous crime so i could get solitary in prison.
    ________
    Portable Vaporizor
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:10 AM.

normally, that would be enough for me. but something's missing in my training (aside from consistency of course). it's just not consuming me like i'm used to.

well, you could always find a neighborhood where people's cars are getting broken into, and hide in the bed of your truck with a baseball bat until you catch someone. or at least someone i know told me this is a good adrenaline rush.

playing vigilante always kicks it up a notch.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

the last time i tried that, they held me at gun point and made me dance for them in my boxers, singing "i wish I was a honkey cracker" to the tune of the oscar meyer weiner song....

"normally, that would be enough for me. but something's missing in my training (aside from consistency of course). it's just not consuming me like i'm used to."

take a break for a couple of weeks and just run and lift weights...or do something else productive: paint, write, drink lots of beer, eat some mushrooms and wander in the desert for a little, go midget tossing, set fire to something, start a fight in a nursing home, etc. i usually feel burt out or unmotivated right before i have a 'breakthrough'.
    ________
    Yamaha psr-248
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:10 AM.

went jogging last night
    my usual 30 minute route (1 lap)
    figure i'll just try to do something everyday even if it's small
    if i can't jog i'll focus on pushups or something
    start slow and build back up

made a serious step towards cleaning up my bad habits
    was sick this weekend and ended up cleaning the house instead of going out
    did some cooking too
    got a bit of fillipino food left to finish
    kinda cathartic
    the more i finish the less i seem to daydream arguing with them in my head

lately i've been trying to help people out, wherever i can see an opportunity.
    if it's a friend or someone new or whatever, i try to do what i can (within reason) to try and spread some love.
    i realized this weekend that I tend to attract women on the rebound & have a history of it with the last couple relationships.
    most of the time I don't even know about it until I'm already knee-deep in a bad situation; but the last 2 times i guess it was clear enough early on and chose to ignore it.
    i nurse 'em back to health and then they realize their feelings weren't real in the first place. by lying i guess they feel they can spare me some hurt; of course it does the exact opposite.

i also tend to meet girls that want to rush into stuff headlong.
    take my last ex for example- criticized me for a "long engagement"- we'd been living together a year and a half, but had only been engaged a few months when she started cheatin. She met the guy face to face after a few months of internet romance, a month later they're married.
    I find the idea of not meeting the in-laws until 3 months after the wedding absolutely apalling.
    i don't want a big, huge wedding, but getting married with no family or friends is like you're embarassed of what you're doing.

anyway sorry to pontificate, but i think i'm realizing some mistakes i've made in the past and trying to learn from them. think i'm going to be more selfish in my choices from here on out and take red flags for what they are.

tonite went back to the boxing gym
    had brazilian churrascaria for lunch, it was christmas party through work, so i was sweating longanisa during my workout

3 rounds jump rope
    3 rounds shadow - 2 w/weights, 1 bare
    4 rounds heavybag
    1 round mitts- extra long, puked at the end
    2 rounds of double end bag

went jogging tonite for a half hour

my kettlebells finally showed up.
    i'll get goin on those tomorrow
    gonna keep this workout thing a daily thing & take it a bit easy if i need to; ie walking instead of jogging if my legs are suffering, not leaving everything in the gym, etc.

forgot to mention it earlier but the same trainer who said i'll never be a power puncher accused me of trying to break his arm with a cross yesterday....
    looks like the dempsey drop step is working.

tonite i gotta be somewhere at 7
    not supposed to get out of work until after 6:15
    all i really wanna do right now is hit the gym & play with the kettlebells
    argh i dunno what i wanna do
    kinda getting sick of work

drove off to go do that thing last night around 7 but it was rainy, foggy, and dark out... accidents were inevitable... ended up filling up gas and just going home.

the longer i was dealing with that weather the more run down i got.
    got home, ate a little and passed out at 8pm
    woke up this morning at 9am

I really wanted to work out up until i left work
    so it was suprising to see how quick i crashed

guess it was a combination of the weather, not sleeping much this week, still being sick, and not eating enough.

i'll do better today

yesterday was better

got to the gym late, so tried to just keep it as intense as i could

1 round jump rope, fast as i could
    4 rounds heavybag
    1 round double end bag

short, but i was pretty winded by the end

went jogging for 30 min

my kettlebells are in so i went on the back porch:

1pood each hand, 2-handed kbell swings x 10, x8, x7 - exhausting. form fell apart as i kept going.

1pood, 1 arm clean & press (double on the press) x 5 each arm

1pood, 1 arm sidepress x 10 each side

didn't want to work it too hard, but i think i got in a good workout
    i'll build up as i stay consistant.