Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to get serious

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    I eat those things and my cholesterol is fine... what's your point? Last night, I had a bbq t-bone and half of a bbq shoulder. moderation is key. merely eating such foods doesn't equate to high cholesterol.
    Some people can eat a pound of fatback and 2 dozen eggs a day and it won't effect their cholesterol. Others have to work at it. Moderation is the key to maintaining weight however with cholesterol, those prone to high levels have to work harder.

My point being is this guy should not be surprised about his cholesterol considering the diet he choses.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Well let's see: Hash browns, chips, chocolate milk, PB&J......and God knows what else......

I would have never of guessed!
    chunky low-sugar peanut butter, whole fruit strawberry preserves, low fat chocolate milk and the chips are baked corn chips not fried potato chips.
    your point is?

EDIT: I'm only a couple weeks removed from almost a month of just a bowl of oatmeal a day if i even ate. bakdafugup.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    your point is?
    Did you not see the post above?

Doesn't matter anyway. You're going to eat what you want to eat. Maybe others will see this and be concerned about their cholesterol levels.

Did you not see the post above?
    I could say the same to you.

I know your nutrition advice is probably 2 boiled chicken breasts, unflavored tuna, and home grown organic vegetables, totalling less than 1000 calories a day, but I'm not going to eat that way- you're right about that. heck, if a single bowl of oatmeal a day for 3 or 4 weeks wasn't enough to drop my cholesterol I hardly see what your diet's gonna do for me.

The one thing you've been right about was the road work- I added 3 to 4 miles 2 or 3 times a week; not the 5 miles everyday like you suggested, and I've been noticing marked improvement in my mobility & weight management. As long as I do it every other day and not every single day I can avoid the repeated trauma injuries that would knock me out for weeks at a time earlier.

For someone with as limited experience as you've got with a competitive boxer's lifestyle you sure do have some strong opinions.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Last edited by Pork Chop; 09-21-2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: missed one

Been a busy weekend.
    Thursday i was too tired to go out of town.
    Left first thing Friday morning.
    Houston was fun- got my teeth checked out and they're not as bad as my ex tried to have me believe.
    Lifted some weights- did some bench pullups, bench press, and close grip bench press.
    Left to come home in the afternoon on Saturday- long drive took longer with traffic.

Planning to do something some time on sunday.

porkchoppa --

mrs. buddha and i sign the papers this week, so i'll have the weight room set up almost immediately after we move in next weekend. next time you're in town, c'mon over and we'll powerclean until we puke on water dragon, then we'll powerclean some more.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

rtb- Sounds fun!!!! I'm definitely down for that!
    EDIT: I'm not sure when I'll be down there next. My baby brother's birthday is on Friday but I'm kinda tired of driving for 4 or 5 hours on end. Possibly the weekend after if I'm not doing something else.

Last night I finished filling up the iPod: 6405 songs, at least until I start buyin more on iTunes. Up till now, my primary goal has been loading the cds i already have, restoring any damaged tracks, replacing lost/stolen cds, and getting a few things I've wanted a long time. I've got 6 or 7 gigs to play with still and if i need to make room i've got a lot of stuff i can kinda take or leave. There are still a few things I may need to download, a few damaged tracks I may need to replace, and always new music I want to try out- but I'm pretty good for now.

See the iPod's been a major goal for me because music's important to me. I have a lot of memories attached to my music so compiling my collection has been a way to kinda walk through a lot of memories in my life and get myself back to normal. i'd say it's been very theraputic. I've also had this feeling that once I got the thing loaded something would come along to make me happier than I've been in a long time. I've achieved a substantial level of happiness & peace via the process of healing & loading the iPod, realizing what's important in my life, and at least a lil bit in part due to the Zoloft.

I will share that last night, just as I finished my final revision of my playlist for the night; I got an email from this girl in Arlington I've been trying to meet for a minute. She gave me her phone number. Not going to assume it's destiny but it's sure as heck something I've wanted for a bit.

I'm sad to say I was up pretty late finishing that little project last night and didn't go jogging like I wanted to. Didn't get to bed on time either and I had a cheat meal for dinner after eating pretty well recently.

This morning I did some pushups (15) and some ab-wheel (10) after my shower. I think I've lost a goodly bit of strength, so I'm going to have to be more consistant. Last week was a pretty good start, but I could've used more jogging. I gotta stop driving all over Texas every other weekend (11 or 12 hours total this weekend). LOL

hope the above doesn't count as whining.

boxing gym workout

10 min of jump rope
    10 min of shadow - first 8 min w/handweights
    4 rounds of heavybags
    3 rounds of double end peanut bag

afterwards i talked to that girl on the phone.
    didn't go the way i wanted to- yahoo crashed last night so i couldn't get her number until an hour after I said i was gonna call so i got off on a real bad start.

planning on boxing and jogging tonite, let's see how it goes down.

3 rounds of jump rope
    3 rounds of shadow (first 2 w/weights)
    6 rounds heavybag
    ab work- 20 med ball situps, 20 med ball self tosses, 20 leg lifts

I think I'm only going to be able to jog on my off days from the gym.
    Trying to do both on the same night is just proving a bit overwhelming.
    Boxing schedule will be something like Mon, Tues, Thur, Sat with jogging on the off days and some weights if I have any extra energy.

diet's okay- pretty low calorie if not the highest quality food.

Ran a few miles last night, took about 30 minutes.

Did a bunch of cheating pushups this morning.

broke down and ate dinner last night. wasn't proud of what i ate and tried to make up for it on the run but the jalepenos were burning my stomach to the point that finishing the run became a major struggle.

Tonite I'm torn between going to a sushi joint to meet up with some Japanese folks or hitting the gym. I have some time to make up for work because of my doctor's appointment yesterday so I can't do both, probably end up being late for sushi regardless. Also, if I don't hit the gym the best I can do this week is 3 times- friday they close so early i have a real hard time making it.

rethinking my paradigm on the femaliens. I'd just like to make some new friends and expand my network. if chemistry happens then it happens, I'm not looking to be chasing after anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    rethinking my paradigm on the femaliens. I'd just like to make some new friends and expand my network. if chemistry happens then it happens, I'm not looking to be chasing after anyone.

Definitely a good attitude to keep; the last thing ya need is to get all worked up and lose focus, only to find out it you've been chasing your tail in a circle. It can drive ya to pull your hair out!

Glad to hear you're back on track with the routine, keep up the good work!

many thanx man

i'm really tempted to go on my oatmeal diet just to get under 200 pounds.
    i have nothing else going on in my life and I'd say the weight's preventing me from everything i want to achieve.

the more i think about it the better it sounds; gonna sit on it for a few days and see if i can get the motivation up to go bawlz out.

I don't know what this "oatmeal diet" is. However if you told me I had to go on a diet where the majority of my food was oatmeal I would kill myself now and get it over with.

I don't know what this "oatmeal diet" is. However if you told me I had to go on a diet where the majority of my food was oatmeal I would kill myself now and get it over with.
    hehe i could basically say the same thing.
    unfortunately it's about the only thing that works for me.
    i've tried doing the salad thing, the 6 small meals of boiled chicken, tuna, & fresh veggies, and even a mayo clinic version of the adkins diet but none of 'em work for me and each is just as hard to do.