Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Time to get serious

kickboxing again last night
    going again here in another hour
    still haven't lifted or got in extra cardio yet
    drumming practice is cardio though - it's got a lot of dancing and swinging around a heavy drum.
    will try to get in some swimming and some weights this weekend though.

7* - thanx man bit sore we'll see how the body holds up, but at least i've got some motivation to push through the aches and pains.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

saturday
    kickboxing 1 hour
    HIIT workout (somewhat crossfit-esque) 1 hour
    drumming/dancing practice 4 hours

sunday
    buddy's graduation party
    made the mistake of drinking

monday
    recuperated in bed

tuesday
    kickboxing 2 hours
    2nd hour was sparring.
    my right leg is hamburger and i hurt my left foot.

wednesday (today)
    rest, might go swimming tonight and/or some upper body weights.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

spent last night studying and relaxing afterall.
    probably a bad way to spend the evening but i was hurting.
    hoping tonight's workout isn't so injurious.

rested till friday
    friday night did Eisa for 3 hours

saturday morning went to kickboxing, stayed for the boxing class, didn't do the combat conditioning

saturday evening did eisa performance. was REALLY tough. 30 minutes straight with the big drum at full speed. me and the other big drum guy were pretty much dead by the end of the show.

didn't get home till 3 am sunday morning.

sunday feel like i barely got out of bed but i actually got a lot of housework done.
    can't help but think it's a side-effect of staying away from the smokes- even my "lazy" days are more productive than my old "normal" days.

Monday went to japanese class and japanese restaurant.
    got home at 10:30 then a friend called. talked almost till 12, had to go to bed.

tuesday (today) woke up late thanks to the phone call. Got into work relatively on time but no morning workout, maybe tomorrow if i'm not hurting after tonight.

Tuesday night
    kickboxing for an hour, kind of a lazy class. wasn't feeling too good before hand.
    didn't stay after for sparring, my right fibula feels kinda broken.
    had italian after class
    studied a bunch of japanese
    stayed up too late

Wednesday night
    great class, but boy was it hot
    almost passed out during thai pad rounds
    started getting real dizzy
    took off my shirt & got a sip of water before the 3rd round, so i finished somewhat strong.
    after getting home, i wanted to lift, but it took me a long time to recuperate after kickboxing.
    by the time i had any energy again, it was pretty late.
    had a little bit of garlic chicken that i cooked around 10
    couldn't sleep till almost 2 because of an energy drink i drank around 4- mighta been the reason i was overheating during the workout (200% niacin).
    no weights yet this week, but i'll do what i can, when i can.

proud of myself
    Thursday i forgot my contacts at work
    was about to turn around and go home
    but decided to hit the gym with glasses anyway

put in a good hour in kickboxing- heat is still kicking my hiney and hit the floor when my kick was blocked on my injured fibia; but otherwise it was good.

after kickboxing was a killer 30~45 minutes with the combat conditioning class.
    was still taking it at my own pace, but the wind was helping, so while i was tired, i wasn't quite as dead as the other day in just kickboxing.

couldn't sleep last night till almost 2. dunno what was goin on.
    laid down at 10 exhausted from my work out.
    by 12 i felt wide awake.

tonight gotta leave work early to go do drumming practice - got into work about 3 hours later than i wanted.

got a drumming gig tomorrow (saturday) but don't know when and where.
    If I can i'll swing by either gym.

good work man.

i feel ya on the sleep thing, i've been a bit insomniac too the last week or so, have you tried ZMA?

I love ZMA, it works well.

I need to get back on it, but the only way i can get ahold of it is ordering online or walking into a creepy supplement store- i say creepy because walking into one has the mysterious affect of getting me to drop large quantities of money on stuff that doesn't help my working out much.

I think I couldn't sleep last night coz I drank a liter of cappucino-flavored whey protein drink and i think it had a ton of caffeine. It's weird though, in general lately, eventhough I'm working out pretty well, I don't feel half as run down as I used to.

need to do something about the sleep thing, gotta find a good zma supply

friday
    3 hour eisa practice

saturday
    30 minute performance in blistering heat, it was rough, was in that heat for like 3 hours.
    saturday night went karaoke till real late.
    got to bed around 3am

sunday
    woke up around 2pm - 11 hours of sleep.
    didn't really get out of bed all day.
    was craving a cheeseburger for almost a week, so i finally broke down and got a fuddrucker's.
    cleaned a bit.
    couldn't get to sleep.
    Laid down at around 10:45pm
    by 2am i got bored so i started watching tv
    i basically stayed up until it was time to go to work.
    i really need the zma i guess

monday
    hadn't slept all night so it really was the same day to me
    after work i came home and slept around 6pm
    skipped japanese class and everything

tuesday
    woke up at 8:30am.
    Slept 14 hours.
    Wtf is wrong with me?
    before work, finished up the first season of dexter that i'd started watching sunday night.
    went into work late.
    got to the gym a few minutes late
    did an hour and a half kickboxing- which included bag work after the class.

wednesday

had to go to a dinner party
    skipped the gym
    woke up late, but still made up 45 minutes of time
    picked up some melatonin and ordered some zma after the dinner party

thursday
    laid down at like 12:30 last night after taking the melatonin and one more 'sleep ease' kinda supplement. Passed right out and had a super vivid dream, i mean SUPER vivid. Still remember the gist. It was weird coz it was one of the first times I was able to hurt someone while fighting in my dream- gave a guy a bloody nose. Usually I pound on people and nothing ever happens.
    woke up around 8am.
    couldn't really move till 9, so i got to work very late, but i wasn't quite as ill-feeling as usual when i woke up. Usually when i wake up in the morning i feel nauseous and it actually hurts physically.
    I'm about 6 hours behind for the week, so i'm going to have to work a full day tomorrow on my day off.
    forgot my contacts too so looks like i'll be working out tonight with glasses.

feel bad that i still haven't been able to add regular weightlifting & swimming to my routine yet. I just don't have a ton of free time or spare energy.
    No drumming this weekend so maybe sunday or friday night i'll be able to get into the weight room.