Thread: Probably the funnest piece of equipment ever!

Probably the funnest piece of equipment ever!

Just got a speed bag last week. I spent the first couple of days struggling through trying to get a rythm going without having the bag fly around all over the place.

I've had it now for about 6 days and this thing is cool. I'm not at a point where I can hit it very hard yet, still trying to get my rythm but I'm getting better.

I've been doing a lot of interval training lately and instead of just sitting there during my rest periods I've been hitting the speed bag.

I got it at ****'s sporting goods for $50. It attaches to the wall. had to get some lag bolts from Home Depot.

There's tons of videos on YouTube if you want to check some out. Once I get a bit better I'll post a video.

Check out this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8k3GF8GIps
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

The gym where our classes are held has a speed ball that is suspended ,so basically goes absolutely everywhere! The only person who can manage not to look a complete fool is our sifu!
    And it hurts if you hit the support wire things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Su Lin View Post
    The gym where our classes are held has a speed ball that is suspended ,so basically goes absolutely everywhere! The only person who can manage not to look a complete fool is our sifu!
    And it hurts if you hit the support wire things too.

support wire? that sounds like a double end bag, not a speed bag...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox View Post
    Just got a speed bag last week. I spent the first couple of days struggling through trying to get a rythm going without having the bag fly around all over the place.

I've had it now for about 6 days and this thing is cool. I'm not at a point where I can hit it very hard yet, still trying to get my rythm but I'm getting better.

I've been doing a lot of interval training lately and instead of just sitting there during my rest periods I've been hitting the speed bag.

I got it at ****'s sporting goods for $50. It attaches to the wall. had to get some lag bolts from Home Depot.

There's tons of videos on YouTube if you want to check some out. Once I get a bit better I'll post a video.

Check out this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8k3GF8GIps

I think the speed bag is great. you'll enjoy it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    support wire? that sounds like a double end bag, not a speed bag...
    Oops, that'll be the one! I still look stoopid using it though!

I love my speedbag. I haven't found any other non-partner training that works peripheral vision so well. And I had no idea how many different ways you could use it till a training buddy came over and messed around with it.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.