Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many people are training with an injury right now?

I've always been told "If you aren't injured or hurt, you aren't training hard enough!"

I've got a bad right shoulder that hurts when I rotate it too much or put pressure on it. Bad left knee. Hands/fingers are better know that they haven't been "smacked" in awhile!!
    The sign over the toilet says:
    "Do NOT eat the big white mints!"

Bad right knee.

Knees, ankles, lower back, elbows are pretty often shot.

Got a wicked headbutt though!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

some injuries are ok to work through. things like bruises, even deep ones.

but when it comes to tendons and ligaments and even gross joints, rest, massage, ice if swelling, heat if in stasis is the way to go.

it's the type and degree of injury that will dictate which way to go. some stuff is just a bad idea to work through and yes, if your doctor says rest, then rest regardless of what anyone else tells you.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have a recurring dad attitude but otherwsie shocking healthy for almost 2 years since I tore my plantar fascia which when healed made my foot feel better then before it tore.
    Last edited by SanShou Guru; 09-25-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

good lord...I'm having a hard time remembering when I wasn't babying something...probably started soon after turning 30.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Lol
    pretty much between injuries right now.
    Just about recovered from the groin strain (that one's taken months)
    Very stiff today tho; saturday's sparring class was a killer!! Especially when I found myself holding a kickshield for one of the strongest guys in the club!
    "Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer"-- Bruce Graham

Between injuries for a rare change. I'll probably get something new this week though. My body is a little sore in general due to systemic fatigue, but really feeling pretty good. Ah, except for the thumbs that got wacked a few times on Friday during bokken class.

You know, I think we Martial Artists get used to a certain amount of low grade injury, and just don't tend to notice anything unless it somehow hampers movement.