Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attention span problems.....

Zen style meditation, like the previous poster was saying, is probably by far your best fix for that. Just do it for 5-`10 minutes every day for a while, you should start noticing a difference pretty quickly.
    -Golden Arms-

Thanks dor the advice.Think I need some calmness in my life. I tend to flit about between things, have always been like that .

meditate def and disipline and focus.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Attention span

partly cultural factors/ overload an work. Anyway I do remember the blood glucose factor when I was taking tests after long days of work ?study. Just went to Praying Mantis after 4 years of kempo and I find Kung Fu much more intricae and difficult to learn forms specialy after long days work.Worry that Imight have to give it up.! real drag !!

I was experiencing stress and anxiety problems and one of my professor's recommended counseling. It's free at the university I attend so I figured I'd try it out. In some of my sessions he hooked me up to a biofeedback machine to show me how I could control my heart rate through breathing. The type of breathing that they reccomend, in order to center yourself is very similar to a yogic breathing method I've used before. Let me tell you it defintely works. You can do it in any position (Iusually do it while sitting) and all you do is breath in for four slow counts, hold it for four counts, breath out for four, wait four counts, and repeat. Like I said it relly helped me out a lot and seeing the effects on the biofeedback machine made me a believer in breathing and meditation.
    How do you beat a man who trains harder than you and who puts himself through more pain than any person ever could? -You don't.

Hi Su Lin,

I have been thinking about your post since yesterday and I do agree about the meditation advice given to you. There is, however, something that I noticed and that is your overuse of stimulants-- in particular, caffeine. You need to cut down on the stuff. This may be the culprit giving you the difficulties that you describe.

If you are taking in high amounts of unhealthy sweets such as refined sugar and corn syrup, you need to eliminate them. They have an effect on your hormone levels which, in turn, have a negative effect on your arousal levels when it comes to learning something. A high arousal level is desireable for increased attention span, comprehension and retention. Refined sugars and corn syup defeat this.

In addtition to meditation, you may want to complement it with a light workout early in the mornings.

mickey