Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention span problems.....

Attention span problems.....

I'm really having problems with my concentration at the moment, in class and at work. My job is quite academic and I need to do quite a lot of written work, but I'm really struggling to sit down and concentrate.I'm also finding in class that I get distracted really easily and have problems remembering things.
    I have a pretty healthy diet, and drink no more than two coffees a day and quite a bit of green tea/water.
    Just wondering if anyone had any tips as its really starting to bother me!
    Tried working away from my pc,but still had problems!

Music helps me, or doing 2 things at once... if i surf a web page i can switch back and forth between that and whatever else i'm working on...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Hmmm, music definitely helps. I get really distracted with the web though, perhaps thats my problem!

naughty naughty
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

I know!I seem to work in short ,concentrated bursts! Always did, even doing my masters I would do an hour of working and concentrating in "the zone" and then would find it hard getting back into it.
    Is it Ginko that's meant to be good for helping the brain? I hear Omega 3/fish oil is supposed to be good.Perhaps I'll try that.

yah gingko biloba's supposed to help.
    don't really remember if it helped me much
    Spkie from Biotest (www.t-nation.com) really helps me in a pinch- much better than caffeine.

so what're you daydreaming about?

I'm not even daydreaming! Cant hold my attention for that long!

Wow, a girl with issues... i should be falling in love or something...

Meditate. Start simple, sit comfortably in a relaxed enviornment. Slow, deep, long breaths. Count the breaths from 1-10, when you get to 10 start over. Do this for five minutes every day for one month. You'll notice you an increase in you focus.

I think we need more women on this forum or something!!!

Thanks Shaolin for the advice. I have been thinking about meditiation, we have done bits at the end of class, which has been really good. I'm also planning on doing more Qigong ,doing some each day, as I'm sure that will help me balance my mind a bit more and generally focus etc.
    Going to get some Omega oils today too to see if they do anything.

Sorry, what were you saying?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

You're welcome Su Lin. If you need more help just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Sorry, what were you saying?
    Ha ha!!!

Just bought some extra strength EPA omega oil tablets. Dont really like fish a huge amount,so need to try these instead!

Su Lin

It sounds to me like you are having a blood sugar crash and it is affecting your concentration. I get that way sometimes and found that if i have a sportsdrink during training i can regain some of that concentration. remember that caffeine will lower your blood sugar levels, so will excersise. the ginko biloba may help in increasing circulation to the brain but what is missing is the glucose.

of course it could be some pumpernickle deficiancy , that or you are going through early menopause

Be Well,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I know exactly what you guys are talking about I have trouble with my attention span too....

Hmmmm, it's raining today......

What was I doing.......

Ummmm,.....

Uhhhhhhh,.......

Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/