View Poll Results: Should Shaolin Do have its' own Forum?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 38.24%
  • No

14 41.18%
  • I think Ingchao is stirring poop w/this poll

15 44.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Shaolin-Do have its' own Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    A little big on the ego, eh? You're just another name on a BB and that means nothing.....and I would say you probably have no training in SD.

As far as the importance of your opinion: That's for others to judge. As far as myself goes, I would never suggest to anybody that I was some sort of great sage or teacher and that my opinion carried some sort of great importance.

As mentioned if you're tired of reading our claims then simply stop. I don't do something that I hate doing.

Also, if you are a teacher, why should you be concerned with another style of our art? I train with my master and teachers....whatever others do it is not my place to judge.

Also, this thread is about whether or not there should be a SD forum. There is another thread for people who don't train and practice our style of Shaolin to put it down.
    What ego are you talking about? Is it he fact that I write that I am a teacher? Is it the fact that I write that I have experience?

I never said that I was a great sage. I am a kung fu teacher. My judgment of what I feel is kung fu or not does hold weight.

I am concerned with kung fu. If someone claims they are doing kung fu, and I feel that it isn't, I will will express my feelings.

How am I putting it down? I am just telling a cat that it isn't a dog. How is that bad?

questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    What ego are you talking about? Is it he fact that I write that I am a teacher? Is it the fact that I write that I have experience?

I never said that I was a great sage. I am a kung fu teacher. My judgment of what I feel is kung fu or not does hold weight.

I am concerned with kung fu. If someone claims they are doing kung fu, and I feel that it isn't, I will will express my feelings.

How am I putting it down? I am just telling a cat that it isn't a dog. How is that bad?
    ...in your opinion.....why is it not shaolin? why is it not kung fu?? why is it not traditional ? why is it not chinese ? are you chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    A little big on the ego, eh? You're just another name on a BB and that means nothing.....and I would say you probably have no training in SD.

As far as the importance of your opinion: That's for others to judge. As far as myself goes, I would never suggest to anybody that I was some sort of great sage or teacher and that my opinion carried some sort of great importance.

As mentioned if you're tired of reading our claims then simply stop. I don't do something that I hate doing.

Also, if you are a teacher, why should you be concerned with another style of our art? I train with my master and teachers....whatever others do it is not my place to judge.

Also, this thread is about whether or not there should be a SD forum. There is another thread for people who don't train and practice our style of Shaolin to put it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    ...in your opinion.....why is it not shaolin? why is it not kung fu?? why is it not traditional ? why is it not chinese ? are you chinese?
    I will post my reple on the main shaolindo thread in the shaolin section.

Thumbs down

From a traditionalist point of view, Shaolin Do is not a traditional Kung Fu system.

Can you call Shaolin Do a CMA system sure. Even Japanese Karate Systems clame to be decendants from Shaolin.

Every Kempo school in Americal claims to be Shaolin, case is point Shaolin Studios.

The fact is altough they can call them selves eclectic CMA, they are not traditional Kung Fu and that's that !!!!

No matter what style of Kung Fu you see there is a certain charecteristics in the forms that tell an expert wether it's real or memorex.

It is my professional opinion that Shaolin Do is not a traditional Kung Fu system. After checking out some videos it loosely resembles Indonesian type of MA mixed in with Karate and Jiu jitsu.

As far as the history of SD what can I say nothing realy checks out.

greencloud.net

of cors there should b a forum for SD. name it ''comedy section''
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Do you mean here on the KFM forum?

Contemporary wushu would get a forum here before Shaolin-Do, and neither is going to happen anytime soon.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Wtf??

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    From a traditionalist point of view, Shaolin Do is not a traditional Kung Fu system.

Can you call Shaolin Do a CMA system sure. Even Japanese Karate Systems clame to be decendants from Shaolin.

Every Kempo school in Americal claims to be Shaolin, case is point Shaolin Studios.

The fact is altough they can call them selves eclectic CMA, they are not traditional Kung Fu and that's that !!!!

No matter what style of Kung Fu you see there is a certain charecteristics in the forms that tell an expert wether it's real or memorex.

It is my professional opinion that Shaolin Do is not a traditional Kung Fu system. After checking out some videos it loosely resembles Indonesian type of MA mixed in with Karate and Jiu jitsu.

As far as the history of SD what can I say nothing realy checks out.

greencloud.net
    what is a traditional shaolin system then??

what part of what you have seen indicates that the forms are not chineses in origin??

..if bung bo from one system is presented and the same exact form is presented by Shaolin Do and they have the same moves, and similar applications ..how is it that Shaolin Do is not just as authentic as any other system that does this form???

and another thing ...if you teach real kung fu how is it that you are also teaching a variety of other martialarts as well...and yet still calling it kung fu??

Shaolin Do should have it's own forum...the title should be 'Karate'

I think Shaolin-Do should be kept off this forum because it's obviously not a legitimate Shaolin martial arts style and it detracts from having discussions about real Shaolin.

I guess they got their own forum

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Contemporary wushu would get a forum here before Shaolin-Do, and neither is going to happen anytime soon.
    Would making them share one be so wrong?

I'd love to see shaolin-do in the Other related arts forum, as kuntao. The constant work you'd have to put in sending new questions about it from the shaolin forum might make it counterproductive for the moderators though.
    Obviously, "real" is somewhat subjective and perspective based with the topic of shaolin...
    Keep it simple, stupid.

uhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    I think Shaolin-Do should be kept off this forum because it's obviously not a legitimate Shaolin martial arts style and it detracts from having discussions about real Shaolin.
    prove it then!!!

anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    what is a traditional shaolin system then??

what part of what you have seen indicates that the forms are not chineses in origin??

..if bung bo from one system is presented and the same exact form is presented by Shaolin Do and they have the same moves, and similar applications ..how is it that Shaolin Do is not just as authentic as any other system that does this form???

and another thing ...if you teach real kung fu how is it that you are also teaching a variety of other martialarts as well...and yet still calling it kung fu??
    want to answer this??

...the answer is...

Quote Originally Posted by sunfist View Post
    Would making them share one be so wrong?
    Yes it would!!