Thread: Suggestions?

Suggestions?

I'm eager to start training in a martial art, but the more schools I visit the more confused I am.

So far I've visited 2 sanda schools, 1 muay thai school, 1 hung ga school, and the shaolin temple in flushing queens.

I really liked the ones I actually tried out (muay thai and sanda), but I think I want to find a style (and a great teacher) that adds a more internal, meditative component to the brute force stuff. Kind of the best of both worlds. But I do love pounding combinations on the bags, learning how to shift your center of gravity the right way when you kick and the way you feel when it's time to go home.

I work in midtown and downtown manhattan.

Any suggestions?

http://www.usashaolintemple.com/

Everything you're looking for you'll find here, I promise. He's around the corner from NYU.

Go back and read what I told you on your duplicate thread at Bullshido.

I should probably proclaim myself as the official cross-forum duplicate thread spotter... I've noticed things like this more then a few times.

I come to KFM when there's nothing interesting going on at Bullshido and vice versa, I don't want to read the same crap at both forums!

Quote Originally Posted by HearWa View Post
    Go back and read what I told you on your duplicate thread at Bullshido.

I should probably proclaim myself as the official cross-forum duplicate thread spotter... I've noticed things like this more then a few times.

I come to KFM when there's nothing interesting going on at Bullshido and vice versa, I don't want to read the same crap at both forums!
    And I hardly think you have any right to tell people what they should or should not post.......

If it upsets you that much then by all means complain to the moderator....or better yet move on to another board!

serious dude,

who the hell are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post

If it upsets you that much then by all means complain to the moderator....or better yet move on to another board!

Yeah, you know all about that, KOTF!

I come to KFM when there's nothing interesting going on at Bullshido and vice versa, I don't want to read the same crap at both forums![/QUOTE]

Nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by MattEl View Post
    I'm eager to start training in a martial art, but the more schools I visit the more confused I am.

So far I've visited 2 sanda schools, 1 muay thai school, 1 hung ga school, and the shaolin temple in flushing queens.

I really liked the ones I actually tried out (muay thai and sanda), but I think I want to find a style (and a great teacher) that adds a more internal, meditative component to the brute force stuff. Kind of the best of both worlds. But I do love pounding combinations on the bags, learning how to shift your center of gravity the right way when you kick and the way you feel when it's time to go home.

I work in midtown and downtown manhattan.

Any suggestions?
    Sounds like you want Hung Ga or Shaolin for internal and meditative part. But then you said you tried and liked muay thai and sanda. Maybe go try out the former 2 schools and I bet you will find what you are looking for.

Yee's Hung Gar in Chinatown has the best of both worlds. They have Sanda and traditional forms and Qi Gung stuff also.