Thread: kung fu in HD

kung fu in HD

hi all...

does anyone currently get the kung fu channel on Dish Network's HD programming? i'm thinking about upgrading, but i want to know what people think of the channel and the actual programs first.

thanks for any input!

Depends on how serious you take your kung fu, entertainment-wise. The fu is mostly very bad but lots of fun to watch if you like to add things in ala MST3K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Give me a line up, I will tell you if it is worth it.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

today's line up is (from 4 pm to 11 pm): Seven Samurai, Way of the Dragon, Project A, Dragon Lord, Game of Death.

Seven Samurai obviously would take the whole day but it is one of the best movies ever. Way of the Dragon has Bruce Lee against Chuck Norris, you can't beat that. Project A is most likely the Americanized version, btu still worth a watch. Dragon Lord is really terrible. Game of Death is one you wil fall asleep during but set your alarm to watch the last 25 minutes. I wouldn't get it. If they show old school movies than it would be worth it in my opinion but I will always be happy to tell you how the line up is looking.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."