Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Socioeconomic effects of kung fu past & present

Socioeconomic effects of kung fu past & present

We need another beer thread.
    Or maybe one about girls.
    Yeah, girls sounds nice.
    Anybody had any luck lately?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I am getting alot of hits on my match.com profile, but the ones that I'm interested all are like:
    turn-ons: money
    power
    candlelight dinners
    vacations in Rio
    dining
    flirting
    turn-offs: sarcasm
    erotica
    long hair
    tattoos

Beer is cheaper than wine, and wine is cheaper than women.
    So drink the beer and wine, and forget about the women.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I am getting alot of hits on my match.com profile, but the ones that I'm interested all are like:
    turn-ons: money
    power
    candlelight dinners
    vacations in Rio
    dining
    flirting
    turn-offs: sarcasm
    erotica
    long hair
    tattoos
    The bottom line is ... why are you worried about women? Most of them play the money game ... spend money on them in exchange for sex. That's what's known as being a prostitute.

So better pony up the cash ... or go for the uglier and more obese women who are cheaper.

Also, what are you really saying here? You said you're interested in them, but the implied statement is that their turn-ons aren't working for you ... have you ever thought that you're judging them only by how they look, and not what they are really like?

Or what are you trying to say here?
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-25-2006 at 02:58 PM.

TT
    I don't think i take a good picture. I've gotten a few "no physical attraction" responses.

especially considering the only pictures i was taking before were me standing next to a tiny waif of a girl- 5 foot nothing in shoes, 95 pounds; heck you met her.

don't think i'm taht unattractive in person but can't find a pic that presents me well.

my hair's coming back in and i've lost some weight, so maybe if i can drop a lil more weight i'll go take some more pix.

as i said on my blog, i finally got the number of my favorite local girl on the site.
    let you know how that goes. I wonder if truewrestler's still around, coz I could use some Vietnamese dating advice. hehe

Sorry that you're getting the ones interested in money and power, but you're talking to girls in NY/NJ with that ridiculous economy. If you came out to Texas for a good month I bet we could find you a girl to take home to NY with you.
    Heck, I've got a 39 y/o friend that you might be into.

lunghushan
    i think he was saying that the girls' turn offs were describing him- long hair, etc.

You seem kinda bitter about women. I mean women come in as many shapes, sizes, and personality types as men- probably more.

If you think about it, how many abusive jerks have you seen in your lifetime? wouldn't you hate being lumped in with them?
    i imagine girls feel the same way.

after all the abuse my ex put me through, i was really lucky to have a lot of female friends around to restore my faith in the gender and to help me realize that what happened to me was due to bad decisions made by an immature, selfish person- not representative of girls I've dated in the past, let alone all women.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    lunghushan
    i think he was saying that the girls' turn offs were describing him- long hair, etc.

You seem kinda bitter about women. I mean women come in as many shapes, sizes, and personality types as men- probably more.
    I'm just stating the obvious. I meet a lot of guys who claim they can't get women, but the fact is, they go for the pretty women who get all the attention.

If they spread the love, so to speak, to the not so pretty and not in such good shape women (which is the majority these days given the weight problems of the U.S.), then they might have better luck.

But as for the TT thing, if these girls turn offs are describing him, then why is he worried about them? Because those aren't the girls for him, right? Instead of searching for pretty girls maybe he should be searching for the girls that like long haired tattooed guys.

I turned my Match.com profile off. I am taking a break from dating right now, I need another woman, like I need an hole in the head.

I think right now, I am just going to work on my own stuff, like building my Taiji class and doing more conditioning, less form work.

Also, my daughter kiks my behind in Chess, so I need some practice in that department as well.

if I get needy, I have a girl who will give a bit if I give her a good massage. No Sex, but a bit of affectionate play, and that is all I really need anymore.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

If they spread the love, so to speak, to the not so pretty and not in such good shape women (which is the majority these days given the weight problems of the U.S.), then they might have better luck.

Reply]
    Yeah that may be true, but why be with someone who physically grosses you out? I'd rather be alone.

Of course, when i am motivated i don't have much trouble getting the good looking ones anyway so.....
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    Yeah that may be true, but why be with someone who physically grosses you out? I'd rather be alone.

Of course, when i am motivated i don't have much trouble getting the good looking ones anyway so.....
    Yeah, I have no idea. I pretty much swore off women. Too many STDs and too much risk these days.

lunghushan
    I think the problem with guys approaching pretty women is that they ARE approaching them as though they're pretty women- the guys are approaching the girls like they're unworthy to date someone so hot and already taking themselves out the game.

I've found that girls don't really dig the "sniper" approach to dating- in other words, they don't really like it when a guy crushes on them and tries to approach all meekly & shyly.

how many of those crushes have YOU ever heard of becoming successful relationships?

I think when guys do that they put too much pressure on the situation and kill their own confidence. confidence is one of the biggest turn ons for women so killing it = bad. confidence does not mean being c0cky either- you're not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but you belong anywhere you wanna be and can accomplish what you wanna do- screw anybody who says otherwise.

The times i have seen things work out is when guys try a more casual, confident approach: A guy should try his best to meet as many women as possible, have a few favorites, but don't put all that much stock (and pressure) onto any single one of them until AFTER he's really gotten to know them & how they feel. Hopefully if it's gotten that far he's weeded out anyone who just ain't into him.

Having a more casual approach of just wanting to meet new peole, to get to know someone, and realizing that it's no harm no foul if they're not interested tends to be way more successful in my experience.

If a girl is rude in responding to you, then you're right to call them on that BS.
    I would only start with girls I wasn't attracted to as practise in approaching girls in a casual, confident, "meeting new people" manner.

TT's other problem is that he's looking in new york- home to millions of single women who seem to be determined to stay that way. There's a d@mn good biker bar here in fort worth that's actually somewhat respectable, with a number of hot girls there- so if he came here he'd hook up. Maybe if he had a better chill spot in NYC he might be meeting more people. Could also be in TT's approach on that personals site, probly never know for sure.

Now what *I* want to know is how someone like Water Dragon's soldier enters the picture. Sometimes I would like a soldier, or at least even the option. I never seem to meet those kind of people....well i do have this one ex...

Yeah, I don't know.

Honestly I don't think about women much anymore other than a conversation piece, because I found them too difficult to deal with in a rational manner. But for other guys, if you want to use one of the 100 different dating books out there, go for it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    if I get needy, I have a girl who will give a bit if I give her a good massage. No Sex, but a bit of affectionate play, and that is all I really need anymore.
    in other words you've got a "soldier".
    I need to learn this secret technique.

i have had a lot of people telling me that i need to be alone for a long time.

right after my ex left i opened accounts on a ton of singles sites- i wanted a replacement ASAP. after a week or so I shut 'em all down and just tried to heal up. I wasn't talkin sense and i couldn't shut up about what was going on with her.

a month later, armed with the knowledge that things were in fact definitely over and feeling much better about myself & my life; i've given it another shot.

even if i don't find anyone i really wanna get into a serious relationship with, i do love dating. it makes me feel like i'm not such a loser. haha
    nah, i just think i've got enough alone time with the fact that i don't have a ton of friends out here so if i just work, box, and go home then i'm living a bit too much like a hermit.

in other words you've got a "soldier".
    I need to learn this secret technique.
    It's not really hard. You just find a woman who has kindof morale problems or can't stay in a relationship (bounces from non-serious relationship to non-serious relationship), and then you become her 'guy friend'.

Then, she messes around with you on the side, and dates in the meantime. Except she never seems to really find a boyfriend.

There are these women around. I don't really understand why they are that way, but they are around.

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    It's not really hard. You just find a woman who has kindof morale problems or can't stay in a relationship (bounces from non-serious relationship to non-serious relationship), and then you become her 'guy friend'.
    hrrrmmmm have at least a couple girls around me a lil like that but never considered taking it there... probably better off not risking it, wouldn't wanna screw anybody over...

hrrrmmmm have at least a couple girls around me a lil like that but never considered taking it there... probably better off not risking it, wouldn't wanna screw anybody over...
    That is the way you do it without screwing anybody over. Otherwise you're sleeping with somebody else's wife or GF.

You just have to not make the mistake of thinking that this person is your GF, or that's when you're in for trouble. Because they can't stay with anybody, they just bounce, so if you try to get serious, then it's game over.

Anyways, I don't recommend this strategy because I think it's dangerous and spreads STDs, but if you're just in for sex then that's one way to do it.

Another way to do it if you're just in for sex is find one of those sites like www.adultfriendfinder.com (NOT WORK SAFE). I have no idea why anybody would do that, given the risks these days (not just of STDs but also of crazy unstable women), but if that's what you're into, then that's how you can do it.
    Last edited by lunghushan; 09-25-2006 at 04:42 PM.