Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got me some pumpernickel.....

I got me some pumpernickel.....

Just thought I would let you all know (in particular The willow sword) that I managed to get hold of some pumpernickel.Didnt have to look far actually! So now Im sat at home, with my cold (I must be a woman as Im not calling it flu!) deciding if I like it or not!
    Anyone else like the pumpernickel????

Is that code for something the filters here won't let you say?

Keep it simple, stupid.

Nope, just pumpernickel!

Ps Anyone got a cure for the common cold yet? No training for me this week then

vitamins, ginger tea, honey, lemon juice, sweat sessions- where you sit in a sauna or wear heavy clothing to sweat it out, hot showers, sleep, lots of fluids...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

My teacher swears by ginger tea, may get some (if I can venture out!) mmmm hot toddy!

yeah i got a lot of left over Salabat- a phillipino ginger tea. mix it with honey and it's awesome.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

I've never really had the urge to eat any pumpernickel. However the name is fun to say!

In any case I never understood the phase; "The cure for the common cold" Doesn't a cold normally go away after several days anyway?

Here's what I do when I get sick or feel a cold comming on.

I take one whole day off from everything. I buy 1 gallon of orange juice and a couple cans of chicken noodle soup. I also make sure that I have the proper ingredients for a grilled cheese sandwich.

I make it my goal to just lay around all day, watch movies or what ever, drink the entire gallon of OJ, eat a couple cans of soup and have a grilled cheese sandwich. Sleep a lot.

The next day I usually feel a bit better and the cold is gone within a few days.

I find that if I try to stick to my normal routine the cold lasts a lot longer and I'm miserable and grumpy.

Get well, Su.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Well,I decided I dont really like pumpernickel, although my taste buds may be shot due to my cold!
    Taking day off tomorrow, to laze around and sleep etc. Also just got some ginger tea and honey. I normally cant shake colds off for ages and they just really annoy me!
    Thanks for the advice !

Eeeeuuuuugggghhhhhhhh! This ginger tea is rank! It must be good for me then!

I just had me a PB&J on Pump for lunch. Pump is the king of breads.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Whats PB&J ? Whats the best filling for p/nickel???

pb&j = peanut butter & jelly

i always found turkey to be a good 'nickel filling.

i thought i remembered hearing somewhere that pumpernickle was just the leftovers from other breads thrown into the mixing machine- including stuff that fell on the floor.

is that where this pumpernickel threads are coming from?

coz i've pretty much stayed away from the stuff after hearin that.

*sighs*

don't believe stuff just cause it's coming outta someones cake hole.

pumpernickle is a rye bread that is made with molasses and hence the dark colour. It is NOT left over crap on the floor. yeesh.
    Kung Fu is good for you.