Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got me some pumpernickel.....

Thought it didn't taste that bad!

Talking LOL su lin

I cant believe that you went out and actually bought some pumpernickle.

i feel honored that you would actually take my pumpernicke comments seriously and try it. Ah so you didnt like it as much eh? Well it is a very pungent dark rye bread(it is an aqquired taste). Here in the states we have a bagel place called "Einsteins Bagelry" and they have the BEST fresh made bagels on the planet, they serve several different flavors of bagel, poppyseed, garlic, green chili, sesame, plain and yes even PUMPERNICKLE(which is one of my favs).

as for the cold, you know what the yiddish say, "what you need to do is FEED a cold" (im NOT jewish BTW)

ginger tea is very astringent and yes when you drink it from a full root concoction it feels like you are drinking little shards of glass. but the cleansing effects are very good for the throat and the body. We also have these little packets here in the USA called "E-mergen-C" you mix the powder in a cup of cool water and drink it and you get a blast of a 1000mg of vitamin c and whatever supplement is contained within(there are several different kinds of EmergenC packets)
    Maybe you could find something like that over there in merry ole england.

the other thing is that sweating is a great way of getting the cold bug out of you. if you are a member of a gym and it has a sauna, sit in there for a while and sweat it out.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

If flan was a bread it would be pump!

Hmmmm, a flan on pump sammich could be interesting.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    pumphernickel

hehe, that's why it's fun to say.

pumpernickel requires mustard, a good strong one and horseradish works with it as well. corned beef or turkey are best, and some muenster or swiss.
    Last edited by Oso; 09-26-2006 at 06:23 PM. Reason: poor writing skillz
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

pumpernickel requires mustard, a good strong one and horseradish works well with it as well. corned beef or turkey are best, and some muenster or swiss.

IN the eternal timeless words of Ed McMahon on the Johnny Carson show "YOU ARE CORRECT SIR"
    TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    i've also grilled up a brat and did mustard and kraut on it...yumm, I'm freaking starving now.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Ok pump lovers where do you get your favorite fresh pump?

And when you can't get that what's your favorite mass market brand?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I believe the saying is 'starve a cold, feed a fever' so you want to drink lots of fluids to fill you up.

Also hit the C, E and garlic real hard.

Most peeps like to stay active when the have a cold because as soon as you stop it crashes in on you and you can't get moving again. I usually take a little time out to rest, drink and sweat and I'm back up and running in no time.

Zinc helps too and you know the best source of that right?

the saying is "feed a cold and starve a fever".

you prolly don't wanna eat with a fever anyway, so most times, problem solved. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I thought the saying was "it's not the dream, it's the dreamer" ... oops wrong thread.

Regarding pumpernickel, I find it best utilized when I get the occasional hankering for sauerkraut (I grew up eating a lot of homecooked German meals from my grandma) and decide to throw together a Reuben sandwich (which also requires a nice horseradish mustard, corned beef, and swiss cheese -- you were spot on Oso ) Dang I'm hungry now ...
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Her name is Greeeeeeeeeeeeetttchen Pumpernickel...