Thread: KFM on google homepage

Question KFM on google homepage

How come theres no option for you guys on a google homepage?
    Bless you

hmmm

I'm not sure what you mean exactly...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If google is you homepage and you choose to customize then there are websites there you can add. Another Martial arts forum that I read (though don't enjoy nearly as much ) has a link there, it always displays some new threads on the little window and you can just get to here from the google homepage. Please excuese my poor expanation.
    Bless you

how about a link to show us what you mean...

If you go to google.com up in the top right you should see a link for "Personalized Home".

This takes you to a page that you can customize. Once you sign in you can add components to the page. For example on my page I have, Jobster Search, Local Weather, Calendar, Buddhist Thought of the Day, Google Videos, Countdown to my Vegas trip.... A LOT more.

There are hundreds of components to choose from broken up into these categories. Popular, News, Tools, Communication, Fun & Games, Finance, Sports, Lifestyle, and Technology. There are a few Martial Arts forums available as components under the Sports category. Sherdog, the MMA forum has a component. So does BudoSeek! and some dude named Seth has a blog.

I'm not sure what it would take to get a component on there but it would be kinda cool.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

well after about an hour of noodling around I've cobbled together our very first google-module.

It's very basic and crud and dose little more than give you a snapshot of a small sliver of the forum... but it's a start. I'll work towards developing a more elegant solution over time.

however if you want to install it you will first have to install the Developer's Module

and then cut and past the following URL into the space that says add a module.

but you know it's not all that... but have a look

http://tigerclawfoundation.org/images/google_module.xml

You didn't have to go to all the trouble of trying to make it work. I just said that it would be kinda cool.

Seeing how you went for it, I did take a look. Basically it displays the top left corner of the site. I can't really get to any of the threads. I work with a developer. I can ask her to take a look if you'd like. She might be able to save you some time and set you on the right path.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Sure... any input is welcome. Seems like an RSS feed might be the direction to head in but I could be mistaken. Let's see how this works out.

Cheif got it right.
    Bless you