Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hung Fut Vids

Cool Hung Fut Vids

Here are three Hung Fut videos. The first two are sifu Tai Yim doing demos, and the last is a Hung Fut staff set performed by Stewart Hung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FntxTs4C0Jg

Hung Fut One Armed form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxWSZylz4I

Hung Fut Dbl Tigers form

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX3yZ-iNQmA

Hung Fut pole set

jeff
    Last edited by jmd161; 09-27-2006 at 07:09 AM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

thanks for the videos. its always awesome when i get to see sifu doing demos. Where did you get these?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BruceSteveRoy View Post
    Where did you get these?
    It's funny, everyone within Hung Fut i show these vids to, that's always the first question they ask.

I've had them for yrs in my private stash.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Talking impressive

most impressive
    ( darth vader voice)
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I always liked watching Hung Stewart. To me (no offense intended to anyone) he always most resembled Sifu Tai Yim's style. Watch the 2nd clip of Sifu Yim when he was younger and their movement style is quite close.

The stick form seems to me very much based on spear techniques. I liked it alot.

hung fut

Yeah, those videos were great.
    The first didn't look like anything I've seen at my Hung Fut school, but the second and third did. The staff set was great.
    I hear all and know nothing.

The first set is fairly rare to see and it one of their prized sets which include:

Fung Mor Kwun - Mad Devil Staff
    Sei Dai Bi Kuen - 4 Cripples Form
    Dok Bei Kuen - One-Arm Form (shown in the clip)

Peace.

lol i am a student at sifu tai yim's school and it isn't a form i have seen in class either. however, i have seen him demonstrate it a few times. its awesome to watch. my favorite recording of it is the one from the 10th anniversary kungfu magazine master's demos.

It's more 'rare' now than it used to be. I know several classmates/instructors who learned and even competed with that set. Linh Tai did it at 92' NACMAF and Tracy Loar and Marvin King I beleive did it at a few WKF tournaments, and there are students who learned it before I ever came along.

When my sifu demonstrated the form at Sifu Henry Poo Yee's anniversary gathering (15th or 25th I don't remember even though I still have the booklet). During the beginning of the form he puts the right hand behind his back and squeezes his fist tight enough that he had a very expensive and old jade that popped off of his ring. We spent some time later searching the gym with no luck.

Wtf

Why am i unable to save these vids??!?!?

For anyone that knows (Brother#9), what is the name of the staff set that Hung Stewart shows?

Thumbs up

Great videos!

I actually don't know for sure. But you may be right. It is either Siu Fung Mo Gwan, or another staff form we have called Chun Yung Bat Gua Gwan. But watching it, I actually think it was a combination of our Hung Je Gwan and Siu Fung Mo Gwan.

As a disclaimer, as long (or short however you want to think of it) that I have been around, I don't know any of those sets excep Hung Je Gwan which is our first pole set. Actually, since you brought it up, I'll find out for sure.
    And bye the way, that one and my sifu's double tiger form was from Tat Mau Wong's tournament in either 88, 89, or 90, I don't remember which but it was a bi-annual tournament just before I joined the school. I beleive it was the first one that Shane Lacey won albeit with very very close competition from the man in that very clip, John (Hung) Stewart Jr. and with an respectful mention to Daniel (I beleive Sifu now) Tomazaki as well.
    The cream of the crop back then, really were the cream of the crop. Sadly in my own opinion, there has been a bit of a drop in quality of skill from 'advanced' competitors back then and those of now.

Amen to that. I think people are less enthusiastic as before due to the politics of tournaments. The talent is out there it just doesn't show up as much.

P.S. The only thing I don't like about that staff form is the staff itself is way too skinny.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 09-29-2006 at 07:38 PM.