Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 36 hands

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    LOL~ Dont forget about the forms Tam Tui & Secret Form... They'll get your heart pumping...

CS
    there's a WL form called secret form?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Dude View Post
    there's a WL form called secret form?
    Shhhhhh, only the cool kids know it!

Does anyone here know Lok Low 3&4? If so tell us about it.

CS is just pulling our leg, there is no secret form. I do know there are advanced forms that use to be taught that are not being taught anymore. For what reason I have no idea. I have seen old footage of some of these and they are spectacular. I know there is the part #3 for LL, did not know about #4. I`m going to ask a friend to show me #3, I`m just plain curious. LL use to be my show form, I was always asked to perform this set. It is so so, I still like WL #2. Not too many people ever talk about this one.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Actually, there are secret forms, secret material. Mimi eluded to such in her magazine article. There's also Soft Form.

I'm currently learning a Bagua form that's nearly the length of 36 hands. Cool...

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Lok lo III.

He says it has some odd footwork in it at the beginning that goes to corner to corner that has a raking punch followed by a long back fist followed by another raking punch. After the last raking punch is a technique that seems like the wl version of lulu. That is just my guess. Mr. Brazier showed me what lulu was in the mainstream mantis styles when I visited him. I could have gotten it all wrong so dont take my word for it. My friend said that there are two of these "lulu" type of moves in this set.

It has a nice arm lock that is very similar to one of the arm locks in the second road of the 7* bung bo.

There is a couple of nice elbows in there with a few strikes the the eyes with he vertical spear hand.

And then there is the standard arm bar off off of a hgp (lt hand grabbing their lt wrist rt hand locking their lt elbow) and continue the pull into a rt low side kick to the outside of their lt knee and you would follow this with a rt backfist the the temple while still holding thier lt arm with your lt andyou raise your rt knee up for a knee strike. Immediatly after that you pull thier lt arm in as you step down to a rt side horse and execute a rt vertical punch to the ribs, then make a little distance and lt vertical punch to face and using rotational power rotate back to side horse for another rt vertical puch to he ribs. End of combo. That is just my friends take on it. Could be anything.

Then there are some nice kicking combos attacking the lower legs that wl likes to use.

Sounds like a standard wl form. Longfist form with some heavy mantis influence.

It doesnt sound like its pretty, but it seems to have some nice fighing techniques in it.

Have a good day

Lok Low #4 was taught at a Sifu only seminar and I wasn't a sifu then so I missed it. I've seen and it looks like it has some good moves/combos. I wouldn't mind learning it.

WL lulu is found in Second Form, Lok Low and Xiao Fan Che (or at least variations of it).

I think some stuff doesn't get taught because nobody does the standard stuff right so why bother teaching the hard stuff. We're all a bunch of uncoordinated goobers to MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Citong Shifu View Post
    Oh, by the way, is Aurthor still a wah lum sifu or is he doing his own thing now?

CS
    Art has been out of the Wah Lum organization for quite a few years now.

thank you,mantid 1
    i just dont like to learn half of a form,l like these sets,but drives me crazy knowing there is still more to it.

How do you know you ever learned a complete set? All the forms you know could all be halves or incomplete.

Good point.

While it's nice to have 'complete' forms, at least to the extent that you don't just go for a bit, then stand up straight and walk away, if you keep in mind that a form is a series of techniques intended to simulate various types of fighting techniques against one or more opponents and not a novel or a play that necessarily has a story to tell, it doesn't seem as important to 'know how the story ends'.

Practice! Practice!

- CS

Only 36 Hands???
    Bah!!!
    My wife said when we were dating I was ALL hands!
    Or was that all thumbs!

Mooying, you crack me up bro. All hands but you are still married, good boy.

WLers, does anyone know the set "little buddha palm"? I did not learn big buddha palm, but was in the right place at the right time and got thrown in with some of the big boys and learned this LBP. Only because Chan was teaching Lok Lo and I already knew 1 and 2. So me and Terry Bryant got to pick this buddha palm set up, but I never hear anyone speak of it.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

I think we discussed this once before. You learned it at the Palm Island seminar. I was thinking it was just a shortened version of BP but Terry told me the moves were a bit different than the curriculum BP. I don't think he remembers it though.

I didn't learn it that day (I was in the Lok Low group) but I did learn it at a seminar years later but it wasn't the whole set. A couple of us learned the rest a few days later.

Have you checked with any of the other guys there that day? I have a photo I can look at to see who was there.