Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taizu Longfist Vids

And I know there are a few of us here that train systems from video claiming then that they know the system and lineage to that video instructor. So I was just curious and wanted to ask....

Reply]
    Like who? So far Onyomi is the only one who claims any lineage to him, and he learned personally from him.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

(No, I don't get a commision )

Reply]
    LOL!! You should, you have been doing so much promotions for him!

At the least, free lessons
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    (No, I don't get a commision )

Reply]
    LOL!! You should, you have been doing so much promotions for him!

At the least, free lessons
    Well, I did actually get that...

I'm sure he'll reimburse me a little for the translations if the tapes start selling like hot cakes, but I mostly just did it as a favor to a friend (and for free lessons ).
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

I am actually interested in copareing the moves to the Shaolin manuals that a freind of mine has. I am trying to cross refernce those froms with someone I know that does them.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Dragon View Post
    I am actually interested in copareing the moves to the Shaolin manuals that a freind of mine has. I am trying to cross refernce those froms with someone I know that does them.
    I'm always confused as to whether or not these should really be called "Shaolin." Obviously, they belong to the greater "Shaolin/Longfist" grouping and Taizu Longfist was apparently practiced at Shaolin, but as far I can tell, these forms come from Shandong Muslims, not Henan Buddhists (though maybe way back when). Also, they differ quite significantly from the Taizu Longfist forms I've seen practiced by the modern monks (though who knows where they're getting their stuff from, to be honest).

Then again, it's all supposed to originate not with monks or Moslems, but the Song Emperor. Therefore, it's possible that this is just the Shandong Moslem interpretation of that famous style, while Shaolin has its own.
    What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?

--The Orange Catholic Bible

I'm always confused as to whether or not these should really be called "Shaolin." Obviously, they belong to the greater "Shaolin/Longfist" grouping and Taizu Longfist was apparently practiced at Shaolin, but as far I can tell, these forms come from Shandong Muslims, not Henan Buddhists (though maybe way back when).

Reply]
    The style was preserved through Shaolin, The Imperial family, AND the military of both the Song dynasty, and the Ming.

I believe it was spread most prolifically through the Military chanells, and I'd be willing to bet that the Shandong Tai Tzu descended from this.

>>Also, they differ quite significantly from the Taizu Longfist forms I've seen practiced by the modern monks (though who knows where they're getting their stuff from, to be honest).

Reply]
    The Shaolin re learned the set from a family sytem local to Henan, if I am correct. What they do is a form comprising the original 32 postures of the Emperor. It's considered the Oldest form known. Everything else came from that set.

>>Then again, it's all supposed to originate not with monks or Moslems, but the Song Emperor. Therefore, it's possible that this is just the Shandong Moslem interpretation of that famous style, while Shaolin has its own.

Reply]
    Yes, I would agree.

Here is the original 32 moves of Tai Tzu strung into the Shaolin 32 move form. look closely at each techniqe, and see if you can see each one in your system. They should all be there somewhere.

Shaolin Tai Zu Chang Quan

Shaolin Taizu Chang Chuan
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 10-01-2006 at 05:27 PM.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Here is another version of the Tai Tzu set your teacher does. This one is much closer to the version I do.

Tai Tzu Chang Chuan

For the Women:

+ = & a

Basically each developed acording to the personal flavor of it's founders.

The best would be to take what you have, and let it evolve into your own personal style.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I liked the vids. Long Fist is nice!