Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping and dreaming Qi Gong

Sleeping and dreaming Qi Gong

Anyone learn or explored this type of training?

Regards
    Gaz

I've done hei gong in my dreams before.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

hi FT,
    It is essential that one become 'self-concious' while 'unconcious' to do theses types of training. "Awake while asleep".

One good training technique for this is to go out into the woods or somewhere where it isn't likely you will be seen, take off all your clothes, and walk around shouting, " I'm Dreaming, I'm Dreaming".

Having your clothes off outside will make you 'self' concious, hearing your own voice saying "I'm dreaming" will set you up to have the same experience in your sleep.
    You want to become aware that you are dreaming while you are dreaming, concious of your 'self' while unconcious. From there begin many interesting (and dangerous) paths...

but make sure you are in the woods first....

I think I'd really need to see clips of people actually performing this type of training before I'd be able to attempt it myself. It's just too dangerous for me to attempt without having seen a skilled practitioner actually performing it.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Screaming "I'm dreaming" sounds like a more intense version of an exercise that I read in a book by some psychologist who was supposedly the leading researcher on Lucid Dreaming - its been years, so no I don't remember his name. The idea is to get in the habit while waking of constantly thinking "Am I dreaming?", if you get it so that thought pops into your head on a regular basis while you're awake - it will while you're dreaming and you'll pop into lucidity.

Never worked much for me.

I learned a sleeping qigong exercise a while back, which had nothing to do with lucid dreaming. Its pretty neat - a way of getting the qi circulating through your body before you go to sleep so that it will continue to flow strongly as you're asleep.

For the really involved sleep meditations, though, I'd look towards Tibetan Dream Yoga.

Hi Justaguy,

Thanks i have the tibetan dream yoga book, thanks for your post mate!

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger View Post
    Hi Justaguy,

Thanks i have the tibetan dream yoga book, thanks for your post mate!

Garry
    Is that the one by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche? He's sn interesting teacher... I saw him speak once and he mentioned that there are various rituals for prosperity in his tradition (which is the Bon-po indiginous Tibetan religion). When there was the first break in his lecture everyone got up and flocked to the table selling his books and bought it out in 10 minutes. The woman manning the table said she had never seen anything like it. It made me suspect that there is something to his teachings...

By practicing Qi Gong daily, there is no reason or need to do any "special neat" before bed qi gong to insure or convince yourself that you have qi circulating through your body and flowing strongly. It will happen naturally as it is supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    Screaming "I'm dreaming" sounds like a more intense version of an exercise that I read in a book by some psychologist who was supposedly the leading researcher on Lucid Dreaming - its been years, so no I don't remember his name. The idea is to get in the habit while waking of constantly thinking "Am I dreaming?", if you get it so that thought pops into your head on a regular basis while you're awake - it will while you're dreaming and you'll pop into lucidity.

Never worked much for me.

I learned a sleeping qigong exercise a while back, which had nothing to do with lucid dreaming. Its pretty neat - a way of getting the qi circulating through your body before you go to sleep so that it will continue to flow strongly as you're asleep.

For the really involved sleep meditations, though, I'd look towards Tibetan Dream Yoga.

true enough...anything that passed over to my dreams from my awake state was due to doing it in excess when awake.......

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    By practicing Qi Gong daily, there is no reason or need to do any "special neat" before bed qi gong to insure or convince yourself that you have qi circulating through your body and flowing strongly. It will happen naturally as it is supposed to.
    I don't really understand what you're trying to say.

As I understand it there are basically two things that you can do with your energy - at any given moment you're either cultivating it or leaving it alone to flow naturally. Obviously, the more you cultivate it, the stronger and better it will flow when you let it flow naturally.

Your point can be made about any cultivation exercise - if you practice qigong enough you presumably won't need to do the microcosmic orbit, you can just sit and your qi will circulate strongly.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    although I think lucid dreaming is different than what youare asking, here is a method for you to try. I have had some success with this, and it is well worth the effort...'cause it's cool!
    ok, before you go to sleep, you will give yourself the suggestion that during yur dream, you will realize you are dreaming. At this point you will hold the palms of your hands up and look at them. You may want to do this as you are saying yur affirmation/suggestion. Do this before you sleep and again as yu start to relax and drift.
    What this does is link the concious and subcincious. You are doing a concious act while in a subconcious state.
    It takes a few tries. Sometimes I have good results, others not. Sometimes I can access special places, people, masters, highschool cheerleaders, etc.
    If you meditate on a regular basis, say, twenty min a day, for about two weeks straight, and are feeling the benefits, youwill have much more success with this method as well.

For lucid dreaming, OBEs' and similar things it might be worth checking out the Monroe Institute (www.monroeinstitute.com). They have some good training available.

HG

i have sometimes "woken up" during a dream--it's really fun! i can't do it at will, however. and the degree of control over myself and the dream environment varies as well--the best is when i can fly!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

of course the best are when you are flying....but I went thru a phase where I was flying too high and had to grab the tops of the trees in order not to float off into space.....not a pleasent dream..