Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Training at Wudang

Visit me here in Shanxi. If you have a chance. I am about one day west of Beijing by bus.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Going to Wudang to train Gong fu with your girlfriend?!

...sounds like paradise...

Have fun pops.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Thanks for all your responses more info would be nice.I always want more knowledge.I am pumped about training and hope to find a great teacher.Lots of teachers want to share knowledge with a student who is not ther own nationality because in China many people think you are crazy if you love to do kungfu.anyways keep the info flowing may the rainbows shine and cover your body.Pops

Nowadays, shaolin temple and mount wudang are deeply commercialized. Authentic shaolin and wudang kungfu are advertisements slogan used to attract customers.

Foreigners are all greatly welcome to go learnt the kungfu cos they paid more.

video of wudang and response

Hi I am looking for the documentary young dragons of wudang for sale or down load Help please! On anothjer note.There are more crooks and frauds here than in China teaching martial arts.I have many asian friends that are kung fu masters and they state that it is different here than in China.In China they will teach you for cheap and with a open heart if you are sincere in training.Here it is about building a empire and that if you dont teach the real stuff you can make more money and keep the student longer.Who in the end is a fool.Of course not all masters are like this here.

Gd luck to you. Pls be extra careful with your $ if you insist on going.

In order to learnt CMA, you don't really have to go to mainland china.
    ROC Taiwan, HK, Macau, S'pore are gd choices too.

In China they will teach you for cheap and with a open heart if you are sincere in training.Here it is about building a empire and that if you dont teach the real stuff you can make more money and keep the student longer.Who in the end is a fool.Of course not all masters are like this here.
    China's got both types... it's all about who and what you know though. You could get an awesome (and cheap!) teacher to learn from, or get completely screwed if you're not careful More extremes at both ends of the spectrum than here in the U.S. though... (in my opinion)

There're alot of MA con-man in mainland china. New grandmasters & new kinds of CMA always mushroom out in the market every now & then.

These Authentic shaolin and wudang kungfu always claimed that they were powerful & deadly but do they dare to fight with san da, muay thai, bjj, wingchun?

Think twice before you go. All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pops
    Hi I am looking for the documentary young dragons of wudang for sale or down load Help please! On anothjer note.There are more crooks and frauds here than in China teaching martial arts.I have many asian friends that are kung fu masters and they state that it is different here than in China.In China they will teach you for cheap and with a open heart if you are sincere in training.Here it is about building a empire and that if you dont teach the real stuff you can make more money and keep the student longer.Who in the end is a fool.Of course not all masters are like this here.
    Ahahahaha. What? 'Open Heart' 'Teach you for cheap?' More like teach you cheap stuff and bleed you dry.

real martial arts

I am very skilled in bjj,kozen judo,kickboxing.
    i am aware ther are con men out ther.Hey if it does not work it is not worth learning.And I am no fool wheen it comes to martial arts,But I do want to learn wudang martial arts,
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pops
    I am very skilled in bjj,kozen judo,kickboxing.
    i am aware ther are con men out ther.Hey if it does not work it is not worth learning.And I am no fool wheen it comes to martial arts,But I do want to learn wudang martial arts,
    Thank you
    Well if you find the Wudang martial arts, please let us know, but there is likely no need for you to go to China to study what they call 'Wudang martial arts'. Now it is just a tourist trap that charges you a lot of $$$ because they are trying to make money off of the Hollywood Wudang wushu movie craze.

Same with the Shaolin temple. If you want to learn the Shaolin type forms, just go to Shaolin-Do.

If you want to learn Wudang martial arts, most of the martial arts there came from other places, but I'm told there was a particular style of bagua that actually came from Wudang, but the last grandmaster was killed by the Communists years ago, and nobody can find any of his students, so you can probably save your $$$.

But if you really find it, please let us know.

Training at Wudang

Hi all

My fiance and I are planning a kung fu odessey and intend to go on a 6 month training mission.

We really want to go to Wudang and train and are looking at this school:

http://www.wudanggongfu.com/index.htm

Has anyone been or trained here?

We are tossing up between Wudang and training at the Shaolin Wushu Guan as our master's ex student runs the place.

But really Wudang is on the top of the list as we are off to Shaolin next year for a few weeks.

Your comments would be appreciated

Your a lucky man wish i had a bird who loved kung fu like me. Enough to go to a place of such importance to practice it. Also who did you organise youre trip through for your shaolin journey?
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Yeah its great we share the same love I am very lucky.

We are at the same level and help each other along the road which is cool she is probably more pumped to go for the 6 months than I am

As for the trip to Shaolin our master always puts that together and we just tag along....He has good connections and the school goes every year to Shoalin and then to a few other spots to catch up with his peers for a training bonanza

There is one little form from the wudang i would like to learn and its the one where he is stretching everywhere and using dragon body like movements that is some great flexibility i would like.

Shaolin is a great trip ive been many times, next trip like to visit Hua Shan, Omie, Wutai shan and many others Kun Lun etc.

Good luck with the trip mate!

FT