Thread: "the naked warrior" by pavel.......anyone read it??

"the naked warrior" by pavel.......anyone read it??

has anyone read this book yet? i'm halfway through it and not sure what i think of it yet???
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Body weight exercises. Meh. It's good if you are into that. Waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced and hyped up, but it's got some good exercises.

What do you think about it?

so far, meh is right. a lot of the techniques i already kinda did without realising it.
    definately over priced. i think the book could have been half price and half the size. the way it is layed out is kind of annoying. but i'm gonna try to find some kettlebells and see if i can come up with a workout using the pistols, one arm pushup and the kettlebell lifts. i remember seeing somewere a site that showed how to make some"kettlebells" with regular weights and some pipe. gotta find it. but ya definatele over hyped.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

i didnt pay anything for it so i thought it was great.

i havent actually done any of the exercises, but a lot of the physiological ideas carried over to lifting very well.
    where's my beer?

You should check out "Never Gymless" by Ross Enamait. It's a great book. Has a bunch of body weight and resistance band exercises as well as information on nutrition. The concepts transfer well into any kind of workout. Only $24.95 and worth every penny!

http://www.rosstraining.com/
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I enjoy the no nonsense approach that Pavel illustrates in The Naked Warrior...

I also find the way the book is layed out rather usefull for referencing, some of the comments in that book make me chuckle.

All and all I found the book usefull, but it took time for me to appreciate it.

And yes, it could be about 1/2 the price.... but dragondoor publishing seems to get top dollar for all of their publications and products.