Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: White Tiger kung fu!!!

I got that tidbit from this article.

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/maga...hp?article=131

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Fist of Bak Mei Kungfu
    Speed and power. According to Luo, Bak Mei increases your speed and agility, while Dragon Style develops your power. It is a lethal harmony, fusing together for a devastating fighting style. "My body is considered big for a Chinese. My father was considered big for a Chinese guy when he was younger. A lot of people look at our bodies, they don't expect we can move quickly. That's why my dad is always telling me you've got to get quick before you get heavy. The Bak Mei style can make you a lot faster than you expect. We break the rules. Most people say you're big and kind of slow. That's not true. Our particular style really makes you quick."

"Whoever is very weak can train the Dragon. Long Ying has a lot of attitude. It's the King of the kungfu styles, a very aggressive style, over 300 years old. It really increases your punching power. The punching is from the ground up - from the foot, to the toe, to the fingertip. Everything concentrates together - hips, shoulder, back, legs and thighs - everything. Throw it out in one shot."

there are many sifus who teach pak mei and lung ying together, emphasizing the unique characteristics of each while teaching them in conjunction. this comes from the fact that two famous grandmasters trained, fought, and taught together. people who studied in these particular schools tend to carry on the lineage of both arts.

each style stands on its own as a complete, powerful and fast method. there is no need to add anything into one or the other, in my opinion.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

there are many sifus who teach pak mei and lung ying together, emphasizing the unique characteristics of each while teaching them in conjunction. this comes from the fact that two famous grandmasters trained, fought, and taught together. people who studied in these particular schools tend to carry on the lineage of both arts.

each style stands on its own as a complete, powerful and fast method. there is no need to add anything into one or the other, in my opinion.
    Good point meltdawn!

To suggest that white eyebrow has speed but no power and needs lung ying to compliment it, and lung ying has power and no speed and needs bak mei- is a bit misdirected.

Strictly speaking from a standpoint of Newtonian physics, speed is one factor in power. You cannot have power w/o speed. Nor can you hurt, cause damage to the body,ie punch, kick,...w/o some speed to your movements (think kinetic energy).

One cannot exists w/o the other, like the Tao - Yin and Yang inseperable

I'm a little confused... do they share the same forms? Did they come from the same source then branch into their own respective flavors, or did they start off relatively seperate and just have some contact with each other latter on?

Nice mung foo, i think that speed is a huge factor in generating force, muscle is secondary but also important.

B-Rad,

The Grandmaster of Bak Mei (CLC) was a disciple of Lungying as well other arts before learning from the Monk Chuk Fat Wun the Bak Mei system. Its was said that CLC and LYG was blood relations as well training brothers so the Lungying may have creeped into the way CLC plays Bak Mei. Its also said that G/Master CLC recreated his Bak Mei adding flavours of his previous arts Lee Gar, Gypsy, LungYing etc.

Some of the old china bak mei especially Guangzhou use the waist more and the circles more so compared to when CLC moved to hongkong. Its has developed and changed a few times over the last 90yrs or so. Maybe some like to use the yuil ma more then others some might not understand the principles but that is another question and thread to consider. The thing is Bak Mei is a very powerful art and so is Lungying Pai.

Garry

Wow! Look how many views for this thread! This is really a hot topic!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Fiercest_tiger:

Just saw that YKM clip of yours on the other thread - thanks for putting it up, that was solid.

I also wanted to say that seeing your own skills has had the effect of making rethink my stance on Doo Wai/Bak Fu Pai. If you vouch for this guy, that's good enough for me.

Peace,

mok
    Last edited by mok; 10-24-2006 at 09:01 PM.
    __
    "What is the sound of one hand clawing???" -- chanh buddhist proverb

Mok,

All i can say is that what you see of BFP these days is not the true art, one day ill do a demo of it and put it up! Hopefully you will be just as impressed with the way the form moves and shows its force.

be well
    Garry

Can't wait!!!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

I also wanted to say that seeing your own skills has had the effect of making rethink my stance on Doo Wai/Bak Fu Pai. If you vouch for this guy, that's good enough for me.
    I'd have to agree, though I don't know if I'd ever get past the qi demos I'm just a skeptic like that, I guess...

Yeah i guess, Chi demos always come off seecond best and people are quick to disprove it, Ah well!!!

What matters is does his style work and does it make you happy, healthy, etc.

Garry

fiercest tiger?

have you appeared in any kungfu magazines?
    are you the fiercest tiger who grandmaster lacey or master lacey(cant remember if it the father or son,sorry)mentioned nearly having a gong sau fight with?
    im not after name calling or judging im just curious
    peace out

Grandmaster Lacey? LOL. That guy has kids?

Stainlesschi, say what???

I dont know what that means, but anyway i have been in some magazines ive done iron palm and p/eye articles!

Garry

fiercest tiger

one of the laceys from their choy lay fut school said they nearly had a no holds barred match with a kung fu guy called fiercest tiger a few years ago was juss wondering if it was u....that choy lay fut seems very similar to a style i did a while back b4 i got back into wing chun