Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: White Tiger kung fu!!!

I gave them to him as a gift, he is a friend of mine!!

Ok. But that does not explain why they are displayed so prominently in his training hall … not that he is required to ‘explain’ anything to me mind you…

A friend once gave me a “Ninja Boomerang” that he bought in Italy, as a gift… If I ever have my own school, I will still probably not display that priceless heirloom on the wall… That’s just me I guess… stickler for tradition and all that…

No he doesnt have to explain to anyone, who cares what he has on his walls!

More than anything, I'd like to meet some of his old high school buddies and interview them. You know, see his yearbooks and just ask what he was like. I can imagine one of his buddies saying something like "Doo Wai? Oh, he was a great guy. He was a stone cold killer, tough as nails, but really a nice guy once you got to know him. He also won our high school's sophmore talent show in 1923 with a 5 minute comedy routine. He was one heck of a guy, and funny as all heck!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Do a search for Doo Wai, see what you find. He has been discussed regularly on this site.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tan-Nan View Post
    What suprised me was the guys heavy breath after doing the form, if he is supossed to be really good, then he shouldent feel tierd after doing one form.

Let's give him a break on the breathing. Maybe he's a three pack a day man with asthma.
    Figure Eight

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger View Post
    No he doesnt have to explain to anyone, who cares what he has on his walls!
    ... CITES may?

He is getting old and his health may not be that good you consider that, at least he is up showing something. Maybe you guys will never live to that age at all or even have that skill maybe you dont have that skill now?

Put up clips of yourselves doing fast forms?

Geez, he's not that fast... And now days I do come across more and more 60 year olds who are in decent shape and can get around pretty well. Especially those in martial arts

Same here brad, but that goes for alot of young people that cant move that well either!

He might not be that healthy now, but i do have young footage of him and he is extremely fast and powerful. I think the demos do not show him justice to be honest!

im a nobody in kung fu. but im watching this "grandmaster guy perform" on some of the videos on his site, and he isnt even looking where hes punching or anyhting hes like looking to where he is retreating and jsut throwing his hands out. not very good imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    im a nobody in kung fu. but im watching this "grandmaster guy perform" on some of the videos on his site, and he isnt even looking where hes punching or anyhting hes like looking to where he is retreating and jsut throwing his hands out. not very good imo.
    Put your hands up in the air and wave your hand like you don't care hey hoo oops sorry, I say when looking at stuff like this always trust your gut instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercest tiger View Post
    He is getting old and his health may not be that good you consider that, at least he is up showing something. Maybe you guys will never live to that age at all or even have that skill maybe you dont have that skill now?

Put up clips of yourselves doing fast forms?
    When my sifu was is his sixties he certainly moved a lot better than that. As far as his health is concerned he had diabeates and smoked closed to a carton a day.

Even after suffering a stroke he performed at Tat ma wongs Tiger Balm Internationals in San Fran Sisco two weeks later.

LOL,

When will people stop talking crap on the ****ing internet?

Now, if your own teacher moved that much better...well CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

Now, have those of you who talk down GM Doo Wai met him in person? Have you spoken to him even?

Are you planning on doing so to get real life verification of you opinions?

If not, then guess how much your statements are really worth???

You don't like what you see, then don't look. Simple.

Anyhow, I definately agree with fiercest tiger, the public demos don't do his real skill justice.

/ HG

Yeah, the myster surrounding Doo Wai has always pretty much made him an intriguing figure for me. I'd give my left nut to see him doing some Bak Mei or Bak Fu Pai forms when he was young. And again, if you never went up against him when he was young, I don't think you could really know how effective he was or wasn't.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Now, have those of you who talk down GM Doo Wai met him in person? Have you spoken to him even?
    If the demos aren't that great, then don't talk like they are! Certain people act like he's the g** d*** flash from those videos, lol.

Anyway, a lot has to do with how much you believe in those magic tricks... if you're into that kind of hocus pocus, he's probably great. If not, well, he would obviously be a person worth avoiding

About White Tiger kungfu, are there any other branches of this style outside of his direct line, or does it all go back to Doo Wai? All I know of is Doo Wai, the ex-con con man (I can't believe I've forgoten his name, lol), and some Kenpo schools... and a fake teacher I used to study under when I was a young teen (not sure if he's still claiming to teach this style though ).
    Last edited by B-Rad; 10-18-2006 at 08:00 AM.