Thread: Happy B-Day Mike Martello!!!

Happy B-Day Mike Martello!!!

I don't know how much he reads the forum any more, but a big Happy Birthday to one of more knowledgable ppl regarding TangLang.

Happy Birthday Martello Laoshi!

Quote Originally Posted by Chizica View Post
    I don't know how much he reads the forum any more, but a big Happy Birthday to one of more knowledgable ppl regarding TangLang.

Happy Birthday Martello Laoshi!

oops...shoulda read this thread first, I posted it in the mantis group

Sifu Mike just emailed me his response:

Thank you all for the kind words and the birthday greetings! Although I am not a member of the Kungfu Magazine Forum, I do read the boards regularly. I am very glad to see so many people who train hard and want to continue to learn. Perserverance coupled with the guidance of a good teacher, these are the keys to success in the martial arts. Let us work together to build a healthy martial arts community where we all can prosper and grow.

As teacher Wang Chieh told me:

"To nourish one's skills through real combat, to complete one's teachings through a masters' guidance... We are all just students in the end."

Thanks to all!

Mike
    The Mountaintop no height eschews;
    The Sea eschews no deep.
    And the Duke of Zhou spat out his meal
    An Empire's trust to keep.

Cao Cao, Martial Emperor of Wei

Happy birthday whoever you are!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Happy birthday whoever you are!
    that's pretty funny.

this is Mr. Martello

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=2002chinnabasics
    dazed and confused

For those uneducated as to whom Mike Martello is, later next year I have plans on bringing him to the US for only the second time. Of course it will be here in Seattle. Stay tuned for more details as we hash them out.
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

As as fellow mantis Shrfu and with mad respect for Michael, my brithday wishes go out to one of the greats in the family of mantis!
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Thanks for the video Monk. He looks very smooth.

BTW
    that's pretty funny.
    He's not in my art. He's not from my country (I don't think). He's not on TV. He's not in the movies. I don't read MA magazines. He hasn't married my sister...

But hey, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself on your friend's birthday!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Thanks for the video Monk. He looks very smooth.

BTWHe's not in my art. He's not from my country (I don't think). He's not on TV. He's not in the movies. I don't read MA magazines. He hasn't married my sister...
    I didn't expect you to know him. I just thought it was sort of neat and funny for a person to wish a random stranger a happy birthday, saying happy birthday who ever you are.

I merely thought if you are wishing someone a happy birthday, at least you should have an idea who you are conveying the congradulation. hence, I posted a link to Mr. Martello's clip that 3harmony had posted in 2005. i wasn't slamming you.
    dazed and confused

OK, Peace!

Call me a simpleton if you like, but I often do, because I like to wish people happy birthdays! You can't have too many brithday wishes! Much as Sifu Martello probably doesn't need anonymous friends, (and I'm not offering to be one!) the world would be a lot better place if we offered kindness to strangers!

Anyway, where is he from? He moves much more smoothly than most of these demos I've seen and if he's from Europe I might even get to see him one day...!

OK, Peace!

Call me a simpleton if you like, but I often do, because I like to wish people happy birthdays! You can't have too many brithday wishes! Much as Sifu Martello probably doesn't need anonymous friends, (and I'm not offering to be one!) the world would be a lot better place if we offered kindness to strangers!

Anyway, where is he from? He moves much more smoothly than most of these demos I've seen and if he's from Europe I might even get to see him one day...!

http://www.wutang.be/wutang.eng/idx_welcome.html

I believe this is his school in Belgium. so, may be he is just a train ride away.
    dazed and confused

Thumbs up

Happy B day.

Thank you for doing a great job in promoting the arts in your community and elsewhere.