Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Kung Fu Weapons

Favorite Kung Fu Weapons

Post your favorite Kung Fu weapon(s) and why.

my favorite has always been the short to medium staff or tiger tail whip. Hu Wei Bian.

either single hand or both hands/double whip.

why:

1. there are some methods may be generalized to sword or other hand held weapon.

2. you won't cut or stab yourself by accident.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-05-2006 at 10:05 PM.

I like the staff. It's very versatile and basic

do my palms count?
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

The weapon I am most comfortable with, staff

Favorite weapon that I will eventually master:

Three Sectional Staff
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Favorite to watch is either double whip chain, or double straight swords.

favorite to use is either staff or broadsword. most basic and very versatile.

o wait i just thought of something i like more than those weapons i mentioned earlier. Guan dao.

Talking jian

the jian can stab and slash and its fast and distracting with its tassel
    plus its just god **** cool
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I'm with SanSoo Student...give me a staff if I have to really do some work but I just think the three sectional is pretty **** cool. I had one a long while back but no one to teach me...I've still got Kam Yuen's book I bought...well, decades ago
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Smile

Chinese 2 sectional staff AKA Nunchuku.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

I am partial to the Broadsword myself. It has a nice hackibility feel to it!

I too want to learn the three sectional staff. I sort of have to someday, it was created by the founder of my style!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I like the flexible stuff! 3 section, chain whip, rope dart and meteor hammer. Not the most practical but definitely the most fun. If I had to pick an absolute favorite it would be the 3 section staff cause on top of being tons of fun I could at least make some of the techniques work.

Spear

It's got the finese of a Jian with a 10ft reach.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

A smile.

Hmm well I've always had a knack for long weapons -- in terms of skill, I'm probably best at spear. I'm fairly tall so I've always felt comfortable using staff or kwan do.

But in terms of what I enjoy the most, I would have to say swords -- and I like the broadsword and straight sword equally, even though they have totally different strikes and feel. In my early kung fu years, I mainly used a broadsword, and I just loved the strong slashes and wide arcs of the movements. Then in later years, I got exposed to the straight sword and loved the more subtle thrusts and small cuts -- definitley relies on more finesse in my opinion. But I love using both of them -- there is something empowering about wielding a sword. Someday I'd love to learn a 2-handed sword.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com