Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFMers and competition

KFMers and competition

What have you all competed in? How did you do? What are the records?

My record is:

Submission Wrestling 0, 1

I will fight sanshou on the 14th of this month and Submission tournament on the 28th. Let it all out KFMers.
    Bless you

I would love to.

The things that have stopped me so far:

no time to get in shape... well I'm in shape-ish but not serious competition shape

the lack of amateur comps with rules that I'm interested in (eg, elbows are a must)

a number of very badly timed and some quite serious health problems

my woman would beat the crap out of me if I competed!

I'm 34 for a while. I will compete at some point.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

excuses

I have 3 jobs, 15 credits in school, married, and it doesn't stop me (how I perform might )
    Bless you

They dont tend to offer to much full contact tournaments in qld aus unless i got in a cage def dont have the bjj skill yet. But ive competed in three tournaments

1st one i got 4th
    2nd got selected for world titles got 11th and fought with a serious back injurie so didnt push it.
    3rd came second against a guy with six years exp ive got 3

I didnt want to be a gunna so i did it.

been asked to go to nationals but prob wont i like training mostly.
    Last edited by viper; 10-08-2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: ****ed up
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

submission wrestling: 0-1

Priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    I have 3 jobs, 15 credits in school, married, and it doesn't stop me (how I perform might )
    Good for you. It so happens we are different people. Much as I would like to test myself it is not a possibility anytime soon. As I said I will at some point. I have sparred as hard as anyone (though it's been a while)... and I don't feel a need to test myself, I would just like to. I have no reason to make excuses: my priorites are different.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Submission wrestling 1-4
    San Shou 0-1 (I suffered a serious neck injury in the submission wrestling which curtailed my competitive San Shou career)
    Points and light continuous - too many bouts to possibly remember. 1 national title and a slew of silvers and bronzes.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

San Shou 34-3, one of the losses was because I competed with a seperated right shoulder that happened 2 days previous in training, the other 2, because on that day, that fighter was a better man than I
    -Golden Arms-

Grapplers Quest 2003 white belt gi open weight devision. I had one match and lost on points. Wong Fei Hong moving push hands 2003. ****ed my knee up in the first match. Tai Chi Legacy 2004 1st place restricted step push hands. Wong Fei Hong 2004 restricted step push hands. Hand three matches won one lost one and got cheated on one. Heaven and earth restricted step push hands 2nd place 2005. Nakabayashi Judo Championship 2005 3rd place.

I wussed out of a challenge match I started with Water Dragon a coupe of years ago, does that count?
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Tournament fights only:

Wins Losses Draws

Kyokushinkai: 22-9-3

Daidojuku: 13-4-0

Judo: 5-3-0

I've got 5, 10 and 25 Man Kumites under my belt, as well, for what that's worth.
    SevenStar: It's hilarious seeing people's reactions when they see a big, black dude with a sword walking toward them.

Masterkiller: Especially when they're at the ATM.

WTF? How did we go from the White Haired Devil strangling and beating guys to death in a teahouse, to Mr Miyagi and Jhoon Rhee?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    I have no reason to make excuses
    so the excuses were a bonus?

I have not as of yet competed because I suck

I am undefeated. My record is 0-0-0. I will remain undefeated.

I sure as hell can't remember my complete sub wrestling record; I've had too many matches and I drink too much.

Since I've been competing in the advanced division, I took second in cruiserweight in Grappler's Quest Southeast in Virginia one year, losing by advantage to the guy who took first. Got injured and was out till the next year, when I lost in the first round by points to Mike Atkins, a guy literally twice my age. Competed in the absolute, won my first round by arm-triangle, and then got triangled into unconsciousness by Nolan Dutcher. Competed in the GQ Nationals after that and took third in cruiser, lost by points to the guy who took first.

Been focusing on getting my teammates prepared for the MMA matches they've been competing in lately; I'll probably jump into a few amateur matches next year.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I have no f'in clue.

I was a regular on the GQ and NAGA circuits from 2000-2003, and hit up some local stuff besides.

Some days, I would have six matches or more...

At the Judo tournament in the vid clip thread, I had over 8 matches that day, until I got hit with a giant pick up that dislocated my shoulder.

You tend to rack up a lot of matches that way. I was doing some cataloging and transfer of some of the tapes I have, and I have over 20 matches TRANSFERED, not just recorded that I haven't transfered, and the recorded matches aren't even close to half of the ones that I've done.

Things have changed though. Match #s per tournament start to decrease significantly at the purple belt division and advanced/expert divisions, and as a brown belt, you may not even have an opponent at many tournaments.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 10-15-2006 at 11:06 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli