Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tai Shing Pek Kwar Moon (Videos)

Wow, those clips are great. That snake spear demo was hawt. So, what styles does Chow Keung practice? Just TSPKM?

Quote Originally Posted by street_fighter View Post
    Wow, those clips are great. That snake spear demo was hawt. So, what styles does Chow Keung practice? Just TSPKM?
    yes, only TSPK.

In the TSPK school they have a handfull of other sets in there too...

Baji, Ta Chi, Pakua, Wu Tang Geem, Mizhong Kuen, he knows an old Lohan hand set... A Black Tiger set... And what is great about Chow Keung is his quality is the same with everything he does... truly a perfectionist...

Monkey King Chan Sau Chung studied under a famous Wutang sword teacher, I forgot the name, maybe Flying Monkey knows it... That I belive is where the baji also comes from... I have never seen Baji as impressive as Chow Keung's...

Joe

The Dan Dao, et. al....

I worked on their Lau Yip Broadsword video too. Strangely, I can't remember if it was parallel to the BSL broadsword right at this moment. I want to say it was, but as I'm looking over my notes, I can't tell. I guess I have to get off my ass and dig out that video to have another look.

It really bothered me when GM Chan Sau Chung and his son Chan Kai Leung were discussing Zink. They said he was 'just doing yoga'. That's not yoga. That's contortionism. There's a huge difference. To call what he does yoga is probably as insulting to yoga students as some TSPK people feel about calling Zink's stuff TSPK. But I can't fault Zink. Yoga is far more lucrative than kung fu.

BTW, this is slightly OT, but does anyone watch Kim Possible? Check out the villians section - click 'Monkey Fist' and then click his 'Special Powers'.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Flying Monkey & or Gene,

Is Lau Yip & Pek Kwar Dahn Do diff forms?

Joe

I really didn't know that... The more I find out about tai shing pek kwar the more interested I am. And to think that next year I will be in Vancouver where the monkey king is. I should really check them out. Thanks for the info, and Joe, you are the man! Very impressive forms.

Joe,

My sigung learned Wudang sword from Kwok Kei Fung.

Broad sword topic:

The two sword forms are different.

Thanks Flying Monkey...

I am very happy that you are here...

Look foward to further chats...

btw, who do you study under?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Thanks Flying Monkey...

I am very happy that you are here...

Look foward to further chats...

btw, who do you study under?

Joe
    Thanks a lot.

I am looking forward too.

I student under Sigung and Sifu Chan Kai Leung

Apparently there is a story about the Gau Cha staff where the emperor summoned all the famous schools and associations to present their staff form to him. He then selected the Gau Cha staff to be taught to his body guards. Not to sure about the rest of the story. Master Chow recently taught Gau Cha and Pek Gwar Darn Dao in SA.

I got some awesome video clips of Master Chow doing Pek Gwar 4, Gau Cha Gwun, Darn Dao, and Hak Fu Kuen, but Master Chow told me he didn’t want video clips on the internet, so I think for now I will just leave them. I will send it to you Sow Choy. Just give me a week or so. I need to convert them to pc video file, and I'm pretty busy during the weeks.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Eddie,

Thank you in advance... Would love to have those clips... I was helping him teach students in Hong Kong who couldnt speak cantonese, dahn do was one of the forms... I have seen gow jow kwun so many times and from the video... I know it pretty well now...

Flying Monkey...

Give a big hug to both Chan Kai Leung and GM Chan Sau Chung... I will definitely be at their next banquet in Seattle... Also let Chan Kai Leung know I was veryy happy to be invited to his wedding...

Peace...

Joe

Thanx, I will send your well wishes. I am going to that banquet next September.

Flying Monkey.

Make sure you find me so we can have a few beers together... :P

JOE

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Flying Monkey.

Make sure you find me so we can have a few beers together... :P

JOE
    You got it!

Sow Choy- Good luck with the new school location.