Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tai Shing Pek Kwar Moon (Videos)

Thanks...

Open Invite to anyone who wants to come... pm me for details or check the calendar...

Joe

I found those staff lyrics finally

For some reason, I thought I had done the CSC translation after I did the BSL lyric postings, so I was expecting it to be later. Ahhh, my memory nowadays, it's all a punch drunk blur...

9 province eyebrow height staff lyrics

I also found the answer about the broadsword question early on the broadsword lyric thread.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene...

Thanks for posting the lyrics... I saved them, you dont have the chinese characters also do you?

Joe

I did...

...but I'm not sure where they are now. Stuffed in some file no doubt. Others have asked me about that too. If I find them again, I'll supply them, but I probably won't find them until I'm forced to move again. I might have CSC's lyrics somewhere too. Sifu Lam had this great book - something he handcopied that was passed to him from his master. It had all the BSL lyrics plus a lot of other interesting material - advice on BSL and such. Sadly I never got a copy of that. Perhaps one of the other senior students did, although I'm not sure how many knew of it. Most just took what he said for granted, like what happens in almost every master/student scenario. Few actually question the source.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

What happened to the videos on YouTube? When I tried to access them it said they were private.
    Richard

Videos...

I believe Master Chow Keung probably found out about it and asked his student to remove them...

Can't blame him... He is very cool and open minded... But still he is very serious about his art and not into everyone having him on video...

Was glad to see it while it was up... It was done real slow, didnt do him justice... He is very good...

Joe

Chow Keung

I had the pleasure to meet Chow Keung last week in the Philippines.
    I asked if I could record his performance and he did not object.
    He performed a monkey set.

Very nice person and also very casual, not formal and very open.
    Was a pleasure and honor for me.

Regards

Luca

Joe,
    Could I get contact information for Sifu Chow? I may be going to Hong Kong next year and I would like to meet him. I saw you posted his website, but it is all in Chinese.
    Regards,
    Richard A. Tolson

Hello,

On his website's last page are his phone numbers, I will list them for you...

(852) 9855 1238, (852) 9755 7243
    (86) 13018761238

chowkeung@ck-kungfu.com

His english is not so good, but he does have students who speak english, try and call him in the evening time (Hong Kong)...

Gru,

Master Chow Keung is very nice and will let you film him, but he is thinking you only wish to have the video for you personally... He is like a 2nd Dad to me... I spent 2 weeks living with him in August to celebrate his 60th b-day... So I know how he thinks about alot of things...

Yes he is very cool...

Joe

Joe,
    Thank you for your help!
    I guess I should have read ALL the words.
    Richard

Don't worry

I respect the fact that you respect him so much and as such I'll not misplace the video which is only for my personal collection.

When I asked him if I could tape him he replied,..."mei wenti, mei shenme mimi ... and he laughed. (no problem, there are no secrets)

Again very nice Sifu and wish I could be like him in my 60's

Regards,

Luca

master chow's son is a very close friend and business partner of mine. So far, the plan seem to be that master Chow will be moving to our country just after Chinese new year. Hopefully then, I can manage to convince Joe to come visit us down here again :-). btw joe, some of those vids are up on that link i gave u.

i also met someone recently who does pigua from beijing. His style looked similar to master Chow's style, but with obvious beijing erm.. flare. Would be interested to see when these two masters get together. Master Chow is very interested in fighting it seems, where as I got the feeling the Beijing sifu wasnt to much into that.
    anyways, gotto go again. ciao
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Hello,

It appears Master Chow Keung's Hong Kong student has uploaded another video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcoHgszlro

This one is "Lin Wan Jerng" or Continuos Palm, I am almost certain it is a Pek Kwar hand form...

BTW...

This banquet was great, I met Lau Ga Leung and Gordon Liu for the 1st time...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sow Choy View Post
    Hello,

It appears Master Chow Keung's Hong Kong student has uploaded another video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkcoHgszlro

This one is "Lin Wan Jerng" or Continuos Palm, I am almost certain it is a Pek Kwar hand form...

BTW...

This banquet was great, I met Lau Ga Leung and Gordon Liu for the 1st time...

Joe
    TCM
    I know you guys don't think much of us, but I want you to know we're not blind or stupid.....these are the most impressive videos I've seen on any thread posted...hands down. He sits the bar high for all of us. Thats real Kung Fu

Joe-

This pic is freaking awesome man!

http://www.leekoonhungkungfu.com/ima...Byntn2-big.jpg

If that doesn't make someone smile, they have no heart!

making vids bigger than what they come out raw as is not really doable.

they seem to be smaller than 320x240.

oh well, no matter, Im sure you'll make more.
    Nice stuff man.
    Kung Fu is good for you.