Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kinesiology

Greetings..

Hi Chris: I am feeling like there is a unique deception, here.. where when we are receiving pressure input, we focus on that point and the flow of energy gets interupted at that point.. by keeping the mnemonic device "pointing" and our attention open beyond the point of contact, the energy continues to flow and the structure remains stable and active.. we sort of distract ourselves from being too focused... just a recent observation of my own, and i will continue to investigate this interesting situation..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

power of deception is strong

Easy to experience but difficult to explain.
    Me thinks that if explained any more, the secret will be out (no secret really) but the status quo will surely be over hauled within the present training system.
    Take a look around! Nothing wrong with "hugging qi" but it get too New Age and very dull after awhile. Nothing like the smell of chee(se) in the morning!

I shall go and suck on some qi.

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiBob View Post
    Greetings..

..... that when the finger was pointed and the intention/attention was on the distant object, the arm was observably more resistant to pressure.. ...
    But then again...this is not the "unbendable arm" trick. This is about accessing how you truly feel about something.

Hello TCBob and Garry FT,

The finger pointing method is used not just in internal MA, but even pro Tennis players use similar methods as well.

In Tai Chi, it is NEVER the contact point that does the work anyway. The contact point is merely the "conductor". The power flows through other places while the contact point follows (stick).

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Hi Guys,
    The finger pointing method is used in carpentry, forestry, ditch digging, and most other activities that involve 'extending force'. One aligns the forefinger along the blade of the saw, axe, shovel, etc... and 'points' in the direction of the 'cut'. This produces a much more 'effortless' action, conserving energy while perserving intention.
    There is not much new under the sun...but plenty left to be 'rediscovered'.