Back in May June 2003, with one of our more expermental covers, we went with veteran rocker Lou Reed. It raised more than a few eyebrows amongst our readers, but it has risen to become our most high profile cover ever. It appears in the current issue of NME (30 September 2006) on page 5. I'm starting this thread because Lou Reed's work with Taiji is continuing worth collating here.

Here's the original cover story:
Lou Reed:a Walk on the Wild Side of Tai Chi by Martha Burr
Here's another article Martha did on Reed:
Lou Reed: The Taiji Raven Speaks (On Tour 2003)

Reed took the cover picture of AOL CEO Jon Miller (another experimental cover) for our March April 2006 issue. Here's the discussion thread about that issue too.

We also covered Reed's performance with Master Ren Guang-yi at the Olympics in our July August 2006 issue in Martial Arts as Performance Art: From Opera to the Olympics By Stephan Berwick

Reed was also featured in Entertainment Weekly with our got qi shirt. There's a thread on that somewhere, which I'll find later. There were more reprints of that cover too - I'll dig those out as I come across them.

Reed also was a guest of honor at our 10th Anniversary Benefit although he didn't perform. Too bad, that would have sent our benefit DVDs over the top.