Thread: Stuntman Training in Kansai

Stuntman Training in Kansai

ever sense I read this article- http://www.seekjapan.jp/article-1/559/The+1-2+Flip

Ive been trying to find more info about it, Id like very much to attend this school but I don't know anything about it.

By chance would anyone here know anything, I know this isn't really a martial art but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

-first of all Is it a live in school-with dorms or other on campus living(or will I need to find my own place)

-IS it like a college, can I get in using a student visa?

-Do they have a website?

while were on the subject, does anyone know of any good places for stunt training in japan, I mean actual schools than you can live in and train.

Thanks
    "If you do not change direction you may end up where you're headed". Lau Tzu

"The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all powerful". Lao Tzu

I'm in Kanto and two of my friends were going to stunt school. One of them has gone back to his home country and I don't think I have his contact ad anymore but I'll see and I'll contact the other and find out. But no, they're not live-in schools, and I think that'd be very unusual anywhere.

BTW: your sig - Lao Zi is just another spelling for Lao Tzu!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Oh yeah, as for the student visa, as long as it7s full-time study you can get a student visa to study anything over here, and if it isn't you may be able to wangle a cultural visa: it doesn't have to be trad culture.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

cool thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    BTW: your sig - Lao Zi is just another spelling for Lao Tzu!
    oops lol I hadnt realized I spelled them both differently

edit:fixed!
    "If you do not change direction you may end up where you're headed". Lau Tzu

"The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all powerful". Lao Tzu

Zuiquan,

the school you are referring to is certainly not a live-in school; please try

www.powerarts.org

for more details. The website seems to be under construction at the moment, though.

Regards,
    Dieter