Thread: 10th annual HALL OF FAME OPEN 2006

10th annual HALL OF FAME OPEN 2006

Friends,
    The 10th annual HALL OF FAME OPEN 2006 hosted by Sifu Tony Yang and run by Sifu Nick Scrima was a great time.
    The event opened with the Star Spangled Banner and a Master's Demo. Several schools demonstrated their forms. My favorites were the Wah Lum instructor from Columbus, Ohio who performed a shield and sword routine, a 7* PM school that did a group fist set, and Master Sun De Yao's PM emptyhand set.
    The tournament included Grappling, San Shou, emptyhand and weapon forms. I was surprised at the number of attendees and competitors for this area. We even had competitors from as far away as Qingdao, China.
    Lunch, both Chinese and American food, along with dessert, was provided by the host.
    As a judge for the event, I saw some great emptyhand and weapon forms work. Though the sanshou and grappling still need to come a long way.
    Cheers to Tony and Nick for a great event!
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 10-15-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Success

Yes the tournament was very eventful as it always is. THe attendence was terrific and i would love to thank all of those that attended and send out my heart felt thanks. There were alot of famous masters their.
    As far as the San Shou Hosted by Sifu Scott Sheely and the grappling by Dustin Ware, i felt they wer perfectly professional as always the fighters did very well in all divisions. Several Fighters from China found just how serious the San Shou is in this part of the country, they commented to its tenacity and fervour.
    Anyway i want to congratulate Trey Keyes, Ben Korman, Cliff Bender, Brittany ROdgers and Matt Mcclung for wonderful perseverance and performances on this great day.
    I like to thank Yu Shan and Sifu Biggie for being there i am sure many were inspired by your presence.
    It was terrific to see such a huge Wu Tang Turnout as well
    Congats to New York, New Jersey, Alaska and Ohio For all of your medals.
    SD

What a nice tournament, sort of in the middle of the road, not small and not too big.... just right. With Nick Skrima`s experience it was sure to be well run, and from my view it was impressive.

I like the idea of having the demo at the beginning, nice way to kick things off. It seemed to get everyones spirits up and ready for the competition. Maybe next year, we could begin the festivities with lion dance.

The day was special for me because I was reunited with a few old friends and made some new ones. Along with Stan Tabor and Mike Biggie, myself and Brian Bateman. The four of us had a great time. We were situated right in the middle of the san shou and the nothern mantis rings. So there was plenty to watch and comment on, lots and lots of action. Cheers to Stan and Brians students they did well.

All in all a great tournament, more than enough action for the spectator. I hope to bring a team next year. I think this tournament would be good for my students.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Darkfist View Post
    Yes the tournament was very eventful as it always is. THe attendence was terrific and i would love to thank all of those that attended and send out my heart felt thanks. There were alot of famous masters their.
    As far as the San Shou Hosted by Sifu Scott Sheely and the grappling by Dustin Ware, i felt they wer perfectly professional as always the fighters did very well in all divisions. Several Fighters from China found just how serious the San Shou is in this part of the country, they commented to its tenacity and fervour.
    Anyway i want to congratulate Trey Keyes, Ben Korman, Cliff Bender, Brittany ROdgers and Matt Mcclung for wonderful perseverance and performances on this great day.
    I like to thank Yu Shan and Sifu Biggie for being there i am sure many were inspired by your presence.
    It was terrific to see such a huge Wu Tang Turnout as well
    Congats to New York, New Jersey, Alaska and Ohio For all of your medals.
    SD

Sounds like a great tournamnet... Can someone add our school to the tournamnet mailing list??? PM me for address info...

Thanks.
    CS
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!

The tournament was a load of fun. Everything was great, but the Sanshou was my favorite.

Citong

If you and Mantid1 bring students, then I might as well stay home.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    If you and Mantid1 bring students, then I might as well stay home.

YS, lol, now what to you mean by that? You kow I'm an ole man . Anywho, your just neing modest. I've heard alot of great things about you and your kungfu...

CS
    The Style Doesn't Make The Master Famous. The Master Makes The Style Famous!