Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reviews of Internal Damage

Maybe what you wrote is not what is really happening. The other clips compared to the last clip you mentioned show the same things being used, just at a lower level.
    The first understanding in any of this is to try it by ones self. see why and how it works and also why it does not.
    Last edited by bamboo_ leaf; 10-23-2006 at 09:29 AM.
    enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by bamboo_ leaf View Post
    Maybe what you wrote is not what is really happening. The other clips compared to the last clip you mentioned show the same things being used, just at a lower level.
    The first understanding in any of this is to try it by ones self. see why and how it works and also why it does not.
    What exactly isn't happening that I wrote?

Does Dr. John execute a bow and arrow type stance, sometimes stepping into it? Does he drop the back knee and the elbow prior to pushing his opponent? Do you see an extension of his limbs on the push? I see whole body usage as well.

As far as the last clip, do you believe that old man can move you without contact? Do you just accept the first clips (Dr. John's) as being "low level" requiring contact and alignment, with the last clip being higher level without need for contact and conclude that it's all the same mechanisms involved?

Sure you have to try these things yourself. On the same token, if you can't actually do it, like what the last clip shows, careful in taking liberties to explain it.

But opinions are welcome! That's why we're here, right?
    Last edited by gabe; 10-23-2006 at 10:16 AM.

(As far as the last clip, do you believe that old man can move you without contact? Do you just accept the first clips (Dr. John's) as being "low level" requiring contact and alignment, with the last clip being higher level without need for contact and conclude that it's all the same mechanisms involved?)

I only post from experince, either from haveng felt or can do, no liberties taken here.
    The other shows the same skills at a higher level. Low level and high level just relative terms used to describe skill sets that may or may not be apparent just by watching.

The first clips at the beginning of this thread regardless of weather they are effective or not one has to balance them with what has been written and demoed by other taiji teachers to see if they fall into the same type of skill sets……
    Last edited by bamboo_ leaf; 10-23-2006 at 11:05 AM.
    enjoy life

(

The other shows the same skills at a higher level. Low level and high level just relative terms used to describe skill sets that may or may not be apparent just by watching.

……
    The "same" skills? One involves contact, the other doesn't. That's a big difference, hence I question why you'd assume they have the same underlying mechanisms.

So you don't see the alignments and body mechanics I described?

how do you know they do not?

no assumptions made on my part, what i see is in accordance to my own experinces

The body mechanics that you describe, will not work with out the other skills. I would even say that the other skills are what give the body the shape initially which is discarded at a higher level or later stage of development.

So for me the first and most important part is not necessarily the body mechanics, but the mind or inner components that in my view the mechanics help to promote until a certain stage of development has been reached. Weather contact is made or not, what makes it work is the same, providing that it’s the underling skills at work in the first place.
    Last edited by bamboo_ leaf; 10-23-2006 at 12:56 PM.
    enjoy life

how do you know they do not?

no assumptions made on my part, what i see is in accordance to my own experinces

The body mechanics that you describe, will not work with out the other skills. I would even say that the other skills are what give the body the shape initially which is discarded at a higher level or later stage of development.

So for me the first and most important part is not necessarily the body mechanics, but the mind or inner components that in my view the mechanics help to promote until a certain stage of development has been reached. Weather contact is made or not, what makes it work is the same, providing that it’s the underling skills at work in the first place.
    Ok let me try and understand what you are saying. It's not the body mechanics but the mind and inner components. What are these "inner components? What is it that makes it work? And although I didn't mean to imply that you were taking liberties as far as what you were stating previously, now it seems that you might be. You are describing the "high level" shown in the last clip which I don't think any of us here can do.

So getting back to my original questions, what are these inner components you mention and how does it all work? And how does it not involve body mechanics? You talk of a stage of development to be reached- what exactly are you developing?