Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: the death of habeus corpus

the death of habeus corpus

this is the scariest **** ive ever read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15220450/

Bush is officially a madman.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Well...it depends. If he denies any U.S. citizen the right (of habeus corpus) I agree, but I don't feel non-U.S. citizens have to be protected by U.S. law. Just my opinion.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

what is h-corpeus???
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

It's the right to a trial...generally speaking.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Whoa, this doesn't seem like one of those retread threads on politics. I may have to watch that dang news channel tonight.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

its not. its a brand spanking new bill Bush is trying to get signed into law.

i think hes gone too far this time. even foreigner nationals detained in our jails deserve a trial if we claim to live in a civilized world. like that man from australia detained in cuba. hes from another free democratic nation. is this the message we wanna be sending to all our so called global partners and allies in the world?

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I'm serious. i hate all these bush threads but this does look interesting.

Can anyone find what the terms to suspend it are under this bill? I cant imagine that congress would pass a bill that suspends habeus corpus across the board. Is this only applicable for 'enemy combatants'?
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

The problem is, there is no clear standard for who an "enemy combatant" is. It is essentially anyone the president says it is. All he has to do is say "This guy is actually a spy.." and there you go. You are no longer entitled to your constitutional rights.

On that note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoRjbIQMXGQ&eurl=

Well that explains why he had such a hard on about the toture bill.

Relevant parts of the text of the bill are in this video as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhL4...elated&search=

I can't stop watching this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV90d...elated&search=

man and all bill did was bomb an aspirin factory, made a suspect rela estate deal, dipped a cigar and spewed on his adult interns dress.

and bush wants to pardon himself? and be...well, fascist in this case.

if you can't provide a trial in a democratic nation, then you should just deport the person period. holding anyone in a prison citizen or not without due process is contrary to the tenets of North American living and is a crime against humanity.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Can anyone even clear up if this is limited to non-citizens? I don't see where it says that. It sounds like you just have to be an "enemy of the state" and it's fair game. Where does it say that us Americans are immune to this new law?

The problem is, there is no clear standard for who an "enemy combatant" is.
    Yep, I like how all these new bills and laws passed to "protect" us are just vague enough to screw us. What was once an enjoyable and fun hobby, photography over these past years is almost starting to feel taboo. But I guess the shepherds wouldn't want it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    Where does it say that us Americans are immune to this new law?
    thats the problem, there isn't according to this article. its specifially tailored to include American citizens. did you read the second page of the article listing the violations to the Bill of Rights?

thats the ****ing scary part in my opinion. this guy might be overblowing this story but im feeling that hes not. i heard this story somewhere else. to tell you the truth, i actually hope to God hes pulling some of these charges out of his ass. either that or we've reach a new low in this country. i didn't think it would come to this.

he's a son of a *****.

i just watched that CNN clip omar posted.

the fact that he wants to pardon himself of war crimes pre-emptively is evidence right there of his crimes.

i'm paraphrasing. "the passing of a bill to protect and immunize the President of war crime charges dating all the way back to Sept. 11th".

unbelievable. the absolute nerve of that guy. he actually has the balls to pull sumthin like that?!

im fuming right now. i've never been so ****ing angry about a piece of news in my life.
    Last edited by FuXnDajenariht; 10-16-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    i

im fuming right now. i've never been so ****ing angry about a piece of news in my life.
    I'm far more than angry. I am terrified.

I asked about it including Americans because that's what it looked like and I saw this post by Radhnoti:

Well...it depends. If he denies any U.S. citizen the right (of habeus corpus) I agree, but I don't feel non-U.S. citizens have to be protected by U.S. law. Just my opinion.
    Radhnoti. Apparently it DOES deny any US citizen the right of habeus corpus and by implication of 9 of the other rights in the Bill of Rights.