Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: the death of habeus corpus

...and here's ted with your matching pearl necklace!

tell us about the necklace ted!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

why can't you panic like I told you to?!

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    no wonder your so brainwashed.
    I knew this was coming. Typical liberal rhetoric.

Let's see, anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal point of view is:

-brainwashed

-asleep

-blind

-dumb

-inbred

-lost

-ignorant

well, the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Let's see, anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal point of view is:

-brainwashed

-asleep

-blind

-dumb

-inbred

-lost

-ignorant

well, the list goes on and on.
    I think she's starting to get it!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    For terrorists? Yes, I am.
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

That's exactly what I'm calling you.
    well thanks not that i care about your opinion in the least at this point. you should just leave us "liberal" fanatics to our squalor since you have absolutely nothing to say. you contended not one of the points that was said. you just attempted to dismiss the comments of 10 or so people with your "witty" one liner. but no one is that funny.

i notice with Bush supporters that the more they try to bury their heads in the sand the more the world crumbling around them starts to seep into that hole. your arguments become more vitriolic and irrational, so im not surprised. we live in and attack ad culture anyway.

you must be right though. we all must be batsh!t insane. yea all 65% of the disapproving public.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow View Post
    One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Well, then you need to figure out which you think al quaeda and their ilk are and act accordingly. They sure will.

i notice with Bush supporters that the more they try to bury their heads in the sand.

Ah, there's another one. "head buried in the sand"

Blog Entries
    Well, then you need to figure out which you think al quaeda and their ilk are and act accordingly. They sure will.
    The reason I bring it up is that its never a clear cut issue...us vs. them..... as Bush admin would have you believe.

There's the little issue of America's foreign policy. The best thing that you could really do to fight terrorism is to treat the people of other countries with some ****ing dignity.

But we don't have to....we're Amorica...the last great superpower and we just steamroll anybody that disagrees with us.

Then we wonder why people want to blow us up?

Look....terrorism is just that...spreading terror. Who has spread more terror....Al Qaeda....or the Bush adminstration (and the ****ing media for that matter)?

Who's doing more to destroy "the American way of Life"....Bush admin or Al Qaeda?

Al Qaeda is no real threat to our national security, they're like militant graffiti artists.

Its the administration that is USING terrorism to spread fear and to turn the people into reactive little sheep...to their own greedy ends.

Wake up and smell the ****fest.

The party line is that "radical islamic fascism" is the most important issue facing the day. Really...its not the economy, taxes, social security, enviromental destruction, special interests in Washington, the decline of the U.S. middle class, prescription drug costs, dependence on foreign oil, the cost of education,....etc. etc. etc.

Look over here, look over there...while the government basically gets away with undermining everything our country is about.

Pathetic.

FP
    Last edited by Fu-Pow; 10-18-2006 at 02:02 PM.

well u started it. nots my problem if you can't handle like actions.

if you wanna turn this into a civilized debate im all for it. i would rather that in actuality. but if you wanna continue to trade insults because you dont agree with whats being said then thats fine too. it wont stop me from posting what i have to though.

and i love how your all of a sudden the victim after throwing the first stone. thats classic.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    why don't you catch the guy in the cave first and then try to get things sorted?
    I swear, if we canucks get him, we are so gonna rub it in your faces.
    By all means, get him first. My ego isn't so fragile that people need to die just so I can say "I'm the best."
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

lol i agree. catch the sonova*****. of course that'd be hard if he's dead already. hes best used as the boogeyman. if we did catch him any legitimacy for being in the Middle East would be gone i think, and im sure the Bush admin isn't complaining about the off hand home video he mails to us everyone once in a while.

its the truth Merry. if you can't handle that, then i dont know what to tell you. this effects all of us. i made this thread for people angry enough to do sumthin about it.

The bill passing is the truth. What it means, w/respect to impact is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, no matter how wrong it is.

And you made this thread because you felt a need to voice your opinion, which is fine. But you certainly didn't do it "for people angry enough to do sumthin about it."

I am appalled at the bill. I have nothing but continued remorse and disgust for this administration. It has managed to make the strategically and tactically wrong decisions at almost every crucial juncture.

But that does NOT mean the system is imploding. It does NOT mean my rights have evaporated, and it does NOT mean we are a police state. People throw that term, or raise its spectre, around so much - and with absolutely NO basis for doing so, nor with any idea what that entails - that it reminds me of the law regarding internet conversations and Hitler - "As the length of any thread increases, the probability of comparing the subject/object to Hitler/Nazis approaches 1."
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 10-18-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

lol@Unk's feeble attempt to troll.

He's usually ok at it but this isssue is really too serious to get caught up flaming.

No definintion of "enemy of the state" = complete authoritarian power to the prez.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post

But that does NOT mean the system is imploding. It does NOT mean my rights have evaporated, and it does NOT mean we are a police state.
    Not yet....we just need a test case....an American citizen deemed an "enemy combatant" tortured, tried in a closed military tribunal and sentenced to death.

Sure it will be contested but look at the make up of the Supreme Court.....do you really think they will declare it unconstitutional?

The system is already broken...and its only a matter of time before it implodes.

People throw that term, or raise its spectre, around so much - and with absolutely NO basis for doing so, nor with any idea what that entails - that it reminds me of the law regarding internet conversations and Hitler - "As the length of any thread increases, the probability of comparing the subject/object to Hitler/Nazis approaches 1."
    We already live in a police state.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    But that does NOT mean the system is imploding. It does NOT mean my rights have evaporated, and it does NOT mean we are a police state. People throw that term, or raise its spectre, around so much - and with absolutely NO basis for doing so, nor with any idea what that entails - that it reminds me of the law regarding internet conversations and Hitler - "As the length of any thread increases, the probability of comparing the subject/object to Hitler/Nazis approaches 1."
    I ask you the same question I was going to ask Unk.

What exactly does it take then?

Is there anything left? How many secret prisons? How many breaches of the Geneva conventions? Does the new bill need to be used to actually snatch your grandma out of here bed and whisk her off to an internment camp before you begin to be alarmed?

btw, the Hitler/Natzi reference came on page two for this thread. Thank you, Scott. Post 23.

Funny how in THIS case Hitler was mentioned as a parralel by someone arguing that we should all take a chill pill. None of us in righterous indignation brought it up.

There is so much irony in this post I don't know where to start:

Hitler gained the power and imposed the destruction and genocide he did because good people did nothing to stop him when his threat was lesser. In general, our criminal justice system is reactive; Bush is attempting to be proactive. This proactiveness is intended to protect lives, not squash civil rights. There is a political danger in this. Think of the position Bush is in! If he does too little there will be another attack and he will be considered responsible and criticized for doing too little. If he does too much then he is considered to be trampling on civil rights in order to over-extend the power of government. It is a no-win situation politically. His first priority is the protection of the American people. If he appears to over-extend and there are no more attacks then his over-extension is viewed as unnecessary and not given the credit for protecting the citizenry.
    We are on the path to internal collapse in every single way I can see. It's hardly irreversable so far but he have ALREADY completely destroyed America's position in the world as a symbol for freedom and democracy. That's just fact. We are the bad guys. THAT's why we have to worry about terrorists. No country in the world looks to America as representative of anything but arrogance and military might. With all the secret wars in South American and proxy actions in the middle east, even with all the very nasty stuff we have done in the past, we still managed to be "the good guys" on the world stage. When we talked about spreading our "way of life" it made sense. People DID want to be like us. We oversaw elections to ensure they were truly democratic but NOW we don't even pass our own standards.

That's just a fact.

Do a little world traveling and you can see. Step outside the borders of America and you find out really quickly that the entire image of America, what it represents, who we are....it's all gone.