Thread: Natural Reaction - Do you have it ?

Natural Reaction - Do you have it ?

I visit other fight forums and came across this Vid -

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38042466443086

I was impressed with the instant reaction that was displayed and wondered what the Ving Tsun fighters here "theoretically would do" and what you think about what happened....?

Notice good range - guy certainly knows his reach.... and the way he faces each opponent with intent and confidence even though it could have been a bad choice.

P.S Good Stand up is very usefull with or without ground game, just not as versatile- ENJOY
    Training is the pursuit of perfection - Fighting is settling for results - ME

Thats not VT

"This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to"- TOOL

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Its good to be the King - http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=2vqmgJIJM98

not much different to vt fighting ...i would have kicked a little
    i liked the way he went for the head no patty cake ,just down to business ...
    the 2 stooges went defensive ...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 10-19-2006 at 09:06 PM.

I like how one guy's pants started falling off.

That video made me very happy. That looked like the start of a mugging, and they got punished in perfect proportion to what they did.

I doubt I would have been able to react that quickly or precisely, but the film is a nice model to strive for. "Theoretically" I would have tried to do the same, except that I would have kicked at knee or groin in addition to handstrikes. I might have used palms instead of fist, since I'd hate to bust up my hand, but once the adrenalin was pumping I'd probably revert to fists without thinking. But that's all theoretical. In reality I'm not there yet. I know from sparring that I don't face opponents with intent and confidence, for example. Am working on that.

His positioning and choice of target was also always perfect for protecting his date from the nearest threat.
    Last edited by Kapten Klutz; 10-20-2006 at 12:20 AM.

To call a reaction natural implies that it needs no development, and thus everybody has it.

...man im a ****

Hey guys,
    Not to take anything away from the discussion, but was that a real video?
    It's strange that when the guy started it by hitting the girl with his elbow/forearm, the two of them didn't fight back.
    I don't know, maybe it is real, but it seems odd.

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

Don't know if it was real - but if it was...the guy had excellent reaction reflexes, sense of distance, and boxing skills.

As for this:

"P.S Good Stand up is very usefull with or without ground game, just not as versatile- ENJOY."

***ON THE CONTRARY, being versatile at standup striking/kicking/kneeing/elbowing skills are more important in the real world, imo, than how versatile you are on the ground - because avoiding the ground as much as possible is the name of the game in the street.

If he had gone to the ground he would have been in big jeopardy because he was up against two guys.

Isn't the paradox that it takes ground skills to avoid going to the ground?(and especially if you do go down and want to get up QUICK)?

BTW I don't think it's faked. If it is the girl is a very good actor. Just watch her for the whole video and you'll see what I mean.
    Last edited by Kapten Klutz; 10-20-2006 at 12:59 PM.

Why would anyone just video two guys standing around? Hmmmm.....seems a little strange to me.

I've had people push my girl before, and I shoved them back quickly, but I didn't haul off and punch them immediately. I mean, really....it could've been an accident and then the guy who punched them would really be an a$$.

I call this a bogus video.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    As for this:

"P.S Good Stand up is very usefull with or without ground game, just not as versatile- ENJOY."
    ***ON THE CONTRARY, being versatile at standup striking/kicking/kneeing/elbowing skills are more important in the real world, imo, than how versatile you are on the ground - because avoiding the ground as much as possible is the name of the game in the street.
    If he had gone to the ground he would have been in big jeopardy because he was up against two guys.
    Fair Call victor, i totally agree...

Its just with all the talk about MMA and grappling, i tend to think that each aspect is just as important as the other....that was my point

If someone hit my girlfriend i cant say for sure what would happen, but id be just as fired up as that guy !

Plus there is nothing better in my mind than seeing a person playing the Bully role and getting his (and his friends) a$$ handed to him by the 'victim'.
    I mean those guys got some pretty nice shots to the face which put a smile on mine

Thats not VT

"I think the discussion is not really developing how I thought it would " - LoneTiger108

Isn't the paradox that it takes ground skills to avoid going to the ground?(and especially if you do go down and want to get up QUICK)?
    Yup. If you know the ground game you will reverse bad bottom position or dominate top position or choose to disengfgage from the ground if you need to.

the dude ripped **** up

one thing though was he turned his back on one of them while facing the other maybe a bit much. also might have been an idea to punish them a bit harder while there down. ie he let them get back up. buuuut thats no way criticism he did awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KenWingJitsu View Post
    Yup. If you know the ground game you will reverse bad bottom position or dominate top position or choose to disengfgage from the ground if you need to.
    absolutely right!!! one thing from mma is though training on the ground theres a big temptation (one i know im guilty of) of getting sucked into playing the sub wrestling (or bjj/judo etc) game and not remembering the bigger picture. putting strikes back in definitely changes the game and if youre more of a stand up fighter (or thinking street mentality) again the emphasis has to be on getting up etc.

working off the back, pulling guard and going for subs from there is cool tho

Food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by stricker View Post
    the dude ripped **** up
    one thing though was he turned his back on one of them while facing the other maybe a bit much. also might have been an idea to punish them a bit harder while there down. ie he let them get back up. buuuut thats no way criticism he did awesome!!!
    Thats a good call - the only "two on one" fight ive ever been in was a big wakeup call for me...

One guy had a bottle in hand so i should have been focusing on him - after trading and landing a few times on guy number one i turned and copped one in the face (luckily not with the bottle hand) breaking my nose.

We traded some more then he ran off as i felt blood pouring down my chest. It made me very aware of your point and it would be in the forefront of my mind if i ever got into a situation like that again... but funny enough it never has aint life funny.

Thats not VT

I liked the fact that the girl's boyfriend closed the gap immediately on each attaker and didn't give them a chance to 'set' and prepare an attack.