Thread: Video: Boards hit back!

Why would you try to demonstrate a skill you know you don't have?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    has anyone seen the commercial that was on the net about smoking weed-the guy is doing this break, and it's all serious, and the board swings up and smashes him in the face. I couldn't stop laughing. Somebody pleeeez find it!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    has anyone seen the commercial that was on the net about smoking weed-the guy is doing this break, and it's all serious, and the board swings up and smashes him in the face. I couldn't stop laughing. Somebody pleeeez find it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5kxRVRcCPE

Haha, that was a good one (both actually). He's a persistent little bugger I'll give him that.

Haha, what a nutter!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I know it's been posted before but since this one fits nicely and owns in terms of major suckage here it is again!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    MK-you are a God amoung men!

LOL that was great... and I have trouble respecting the guys that actually break the pine boards so you can imagine who much I laughed at the first vid when the guy kept yelling at his student to hold the board tighter... LOL thanks MK that made my day
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LOL I remember that!

breaking is something you do to test a skill you've developed.

in my opinion, developing a skill specific to applying it to breaking boards or bricks is a tremendous waste fo time.

in both those examples, it is clear that the demonstrators do not possess the skill or the ability that can be tested by breaking and ergo are training incorrectly or with erroneous material. And by material, I don't mean the boards, I mean their subject matter in their curriculum.

If you want to see if you can generate force and have correct mechanical structure, then by all means, break a board. But to work at it merely to demonstrate that you can break a board is a tremendous waste of time and you don't develop any martial skill, attributes or abilities from it.

having said all that, one can only hope taht perhaps these guys have their egos in check now.
    Kung Fu is good for you.