Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Shou/BJJ The perfect MMA combination

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I prefer co-ed nekkid wrestling...the most gratifying of all styles.

I wholeheartedly support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktiger View Post
    I cant understand why more people dont do it.

Everyone always carries on about BJJ, Sanda and San Shou and kickboxing

If you get a chance do it - as you wont get much more reality training than this.

Spend some time with some of these guys and you will soon find a few things to learn.
    its supposed to have alot of health benefits like IMA, ill hafta see for myself though. breathing is a heavy focus so thats a plus.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FuXnDajenariht View Post
    yea systema is awesome. kinda expensive. ill need 2 jobs to study that. planning on it tho

Yeah...um...isn't Systema the one where they voodoo trick you into falling, or stepping the wrong way, or some sh1t like that?

heh nah dude. check out their forum. ask them questions. they're usually very open about it. most of the videos are taken out of context of the training drills they're performing. i've seen some hard sparring vids tho and it looks pretty good.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    not obviously. No gi submission grappling, hybrid styles, shooto, catch wrestling, sambo/judo.

there are plenty of good ground arts and jiu jitsu is not 'obviously' the best, just the most popular and accessable.
    I know that there are "pleny of good ground arts," but BJJ seems to be the most dominant in grappling events. Almost all of the abu dhabi winners train in BJJ.
    Last edited by Dragon Warrior; 10-28-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    It will be interesting to see how he does in MMA as he moves up to tougher fighters. It will also be interesting to see if his specialty scissor takedown transfers to the MMA format against quality guys.

I'd also like to see if and how well San Shou side kicks translate into MMA.

The San Shou sidekick will transfer awesome into MMA. Fighters in MMA will not be used to it and wont be able to defend it properly.

I'm no so sure about the scissor takedown. If he can do something with it, then it may be usefull. There are some leg locks availabe there and if Cung Le learns them, he may be able to apply it.

kungfu and standard GR wrestling is what i like personally and some simplified boxing stuff.
    Kung Fu is good for you.