Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Shou/BJJ The perfect MMA combination

San Shou/BJJ The perfect MMA combination

I think San Shou is probably the best stand up art to learn for MMA. The variety of punches and kicks are great for mma. Also, unlike wrestling and judo, the san shou fighter learns how to use takedowns while executing and defending strikes.

BJJ is obviously the best ground art.

The combination of the two, I think, would dominate in MMA competition.

Talking

I wonder why no one ever thought of that

j/k
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 07-21-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Wow thanks for the revelation.

No one has done it yet in any venue that really matters, yet.

MMA fighting is really not distinguished by arts anymore. Its schools and styles withen camps and groups.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    No one has done it yet in any venue that really matters, yet.
    Cung Le was the co main feature on the biggest MMA gate in CA history so far, 18000 tickets sold....

BUt probably what we do is considered a low rent venue .....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I'm kind of partial to a Judo/Muay Thai combo these days. It gives a pretty even distribution of shuai, da, ti, na.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I really think that Cung Le can beat Matt Hughes. Cung Le is good at defending takedowns, and has the timing to land knees when Matt fails at his takedown attempts. Matt is no where near Cung Le standing up.

The only weakness I can see Cung Le having is on the ground. I dont know how much BJJ Cung Le is doing. I am sure that he is training BJJ to prepare him for his MMA fights. I think he can definetely make it to the top 5 in his weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior View Post
    I really think that Cung Le can beat Matt Hughes. Cung Le is good at defending takedowns, and has the timing to land knees when Matt fails at his takedown attempts. Matt is no where near Cung Le standing up.

The only weakness I can see Cung Le having is on the ground. I dont know how much BJJ Cung Le is doing. I am sure that he is training BJJ to prepare him for his MMA fights. I think he can definetely make it to the top 5 in his weight class.
    It will be interesting to see how he does in MMA as he moves up to tougher fighters. It will also be interesting to see if his specialty scissor takedown transfers to the MMA format against quality guys.

I'd also like to see if and how well San Shou side kicks translate into MMA.

Cung Le hasent done it yet either.

strike!

Try Systema - which is a russian martial art.

There is no messing round with this stuff.

Their ground stuff is nuts.

yea systema is awesome. kinda expensive. ill need 2 jobs to study that. planning on it tho

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

I cant understand why more people dont do it.

Everyone always carries on about BJJ, Sanda and San Shou and kickboxing

If you get a chance do it - as you wont get much more reality training than this.

Spend some time with some of these guys and you will soon find a few things to learn.

aaaaahhhhhh, different weight classes.
    Bless you

BJJ is obviously the best ground art.

not obviously. No gi submission grappling, hybrid styles, shooto, catch wrestling, sambo/judo.

there are plenty of good ground arts and jiu jitsu is not 'obviously' the best, just the most popular and accessable.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    not obviously. No gi submission grappling, hybrid styles, shooto, catch wrestling, sambo/judo.

there are plenty of good ground arts and jiu jitsu is not 'obviously' the best, just the most popular and accessable.

I prefer co-ed nekkid wrestling...the most gratifying of all styles.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.