Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin - Birthplace/Cradle of CKF ?

Siu Lam...ahhh yes!

Good topic,

I like to equate Siu Lam with New York. In New York we come in different races, creeds, and customs, but tell me that you can't notice a New Yorker when you se one!....lol

So I see Siu Lam as that...a melting pot. Siu Lam absorbed the best of what was prevalent in China with the outside inflences that were infused into the Chinese culture and brought out a unique brand of martial arts. Siu Lam gave Chinese martial arts it own individual stamp. In fact, I'd say that Siu Lam has been one of China's great gifts to the world.

Just a couple taels from yours truly,

DRleungjan
    It is amazing for me to understand that "unexplainable" no longer has to mean "nonexistent". pp172
    Grave's End: A True Ghost Story by Elaine Mercado, R.N.

So youse guys are saying that Ch'an is why Shaolin's fist techniques stood above everyone else's? Nice.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man