Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: On Behalf of Grandmaster Doo Wai

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Please recall my earlier post on Doo Wai's membership. I'd welcome him to this discussion if he reapplies for membership. Unfortunately, once a membership application is deleted, I cannot reinstate it. The record is lost. But if Doo Wai reapplies and Dr.Harut confirms with me that it is indeed the Doo Wai via PM, I'm happy to approve his membership. Please understand that I deny dozens of membership applications every day. When I saw the Doo Wai application, I deleted it out of prudence, mostly because these threads have become flame wars and I was trying to minimize my need to administrate here. Yesterday it resulted in two bannings and today, I banned two more.

Dr.Harut, your response to lkfmdc's interogation has not degenerated into pie tossing and I'm happy to see that. The messages you have been relaying for Doo Wai have not gone that way either. Please ask him to reapply and confirm his identity with me via PM. Given that the the axe is out and more bannings may come, I must insist on the PM confirmation, just to be safe. We don't want to ignite any more flame wars.

Thank You Gene..I will send the link of your post to Grandmaster Doo Wai.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

yes , we have forum.
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-03-2006 at 11:54 AM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    WHAT IS THE ACTUAL CHARACTER FOR "HOP" in "HOP GAR" AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN.....
    I know this...but I shall not interfere so my lips are sealed. It's so tempting to answer it, or even give a hint....but I won't .

Also, if you don't know the answer, it's not hard to find...

Another good question for Kung Fu trivia would be why the style is named Hop Gar.
    Last edited by The Xia; 11-03-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Doo Wai,

I do think your video clip is sloppy. If you want to call it bok fu pai and not bok mei, that's up to you. Personally, I don't give a crap about the shotty production or the animal skins. I'm sure no one else would either, if your technqiues looked good.

umm...have any of the questions been directly answered?

No, they have not. But it is usually the way on this forum. People get called out on something, they don't answer - they misdirect. They can't answer the questions so they ask one of their own and try to change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Harut;

Mr. Lama Shifu,

You claim Bak Mie, we said we are not Bak Mie but you insist our Bak Fu Pai is sloppy Bak Mie. Let me ask you why you keep Private messaging to Dr. Harut? Why do you insist on calling my system Bak Mie and sloppy Bak Mie? Is this old man a threat to you ? and if so How am I a threat ? Gene Ching already lock the subject and you keep Private messaging. Do you want me to agree with you and say “ Yes kid I am a sloppy bak Mie guy that made up my system off Bak Mie? “ Does my forms make you look bad in your eyes? Are you so insecured that a young man such as yourself have to insist on nagging a old man that has one foot in the grave ? Do I know you? Have we met? No we have never met, nor do I know you, so what is the problem sir ? I have schools and so do you, do I go and run you down ? Do I harass you ? Put up a Bak Mie form on a video clip Sir, how about Gik Boe Kuen ? Or Ying Jow Sup Gee Kow Dar Kuen ? , or lung ying more kew, or sup bat more kew, or sam moon kuen, how many forms is there in Bak Mie sir ? what is the Sam Kwan Ginn sir ? these are simple questions sir, since you are a Bak Mie shifu as well, because I would like to admire your skills.

I don't keep private messaging, I keep RESPONDING to YOUR students private messages, HARUT. And I never said YOU made up your system from Bok Mei, but it seem that YOU have said it for me.

And I don't have any interest in insulting you; I didn't talk about your character or your hygene. I did however comment on a video of you that someone posted - who in turn asked what everyone thought of it.

I'm not trying to run you down as you put it; frankly, I could care less what you do. I don't know you and most likely, we're never going to meet each other. Do I care about your opinion of my Kung-Fu? Hardly. We're not really in the same league, you and I. And that is not meant to insult you. It's just very obvious to me. If you want my reasons or opinion as to why, you merely have to ask. Just don't be shocked my reply.

And why are you mentioning forms: For someone who supposedly speaks Chinese (if this is even Doo Wai), you sure don't know how to pronounce/type Chinese words; It's not BAK MIE, It's BOK MEI. It's not Gik Boe Kune, or Ying Jow Sup Gee Kow Dar Kuen or lung ying more kew, or sup bat more kew, or sam moon kuen. Try, Jik Bouh Kuyhn, Ying Jao Sahp Jih Kau Da Kuyhn, Luhng Ying Mor Kiu, Sahp Baaht Mor Kiu, or Saam Muyhn Kuyhn. Not that I hold most people to yale, pinyin or other system spelling, but at least phonetically spell the Chinese right, or we might not think you are even Doo Wai.

Makes no difference to me, I know exactly who I am and what I can do. There's plenty of clips of me on the web, just look 'em up. And if you want to throw in your 2 cents, or a coconut, it's your right.

Well as I said we have forum...everyone is welcome there

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Well as I said we have forum...everyone is welcome there
    I’ve seen your forum & basically the standard of discussion there is what you would call cr@p.

I too have seen the forum. It seems like the whole forum is dedicated to the destruction of Jim Lacey. And it seems like they just talk about who is better looking and then they make fun of Jim Lacey's beard, then they talk about what a fraud he is. A lot of kindergarten name calling.

Yeah, I've come across it once myself... a little too obsessed with Jim Lacey. Still, what confuses me... why start up a thread on THIS froum if you're going to insist on people going to another to continue the discussion? It's pretty rude

So what IS the deal with the lawsuit? How'd you hear about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    And why are you mentioning forms: For someone who supposedly speaks Chinese (if this is even Doo Wai), you sure don't know how to pronounce/type Chinese words; It's not BAK MIE, It's BOK MEI. It's not Gik Boe Kune, or Ying Jow Sup Gee Kow Dar Kuen or lung ying more kew, or sup bat more kew, or sam moon kuen. Try, Jik Bouh Kuyhn, Ying Jao Sahp Jih Kau Da Kuyhn, Luhng Ying Mor Kiu, Sahp Baaht Mor Kiu, or Saam Muyhn Kuyhn. Not that I hold most people to yale, pinyin or other system spelling, but at least phonetically spell the Chinese right, or we might not think you are even Doo Wai.
    Actually there's nothing particularly bad about about his romanization. I've seen a lot worse. At least I can work out what forms he is trying to describe.

More telling is his refusal to answer sifu Ross' question about the correct character for "Hop" in Hop Gar (which sounds more like "Hup" than "Hop" in Cantonese), which might be another hint.

And LMAO that he thinks that sifu Ross' avatar even remotely resembles his true likeness!

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    kuen,kuen, kyuhn, doesn't mean squat. It's PHONETIC ROMANIZATION OF A CHINESE CHARACTER. Bak, Bahk, Bok, all the same.
    The bearded Lacy guy once said in an article in one of the MA mags that a guy didn't know what he was talking about because he spelled Miu Hin wrong as it was correctly spelled Mew Hing!-what a dolt. It only lost him what little credibility he had-or immagined he had.

You want to talk Gung-Fu credibility? then talk lineage,history of your style-(yeah, as if most of it wasn't made up anyway) application,structure,faht-ging (oh, did I spell that correctly?) theories, concepts,or touch hands.

However, your statement about hop still stands, and was a good point.

Hey, I'm not necessarily a stickler for Romanization; I do think that people should learn one of the accepted methods of spelling chinese however. But that is just my own personal thing.

And no, romanization does not make you good/bad, knowledgeable or otherwise.

Spelling aside, I certainly stand by my posts and my opinion of Doo Wai's form, via video clip posted at the begining of this thread. I also took a minute to lood at his site. Definatly some Bok Mei structure in his form, even some exact BM combinations, but he was running around in a ridiculous manner...it was very odd/bizarre.