Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: On Behalf of Grandmaster Doo Wai

Quote Originally Posted by Firehand View Post
    Now you are trying to say am that Dr who started this thread?

I just PM-ed him. And am registering on their forum as well.

Come to Florida and lets meet friendly ...may be than you'll believe.

I don't have a site and will not have a site..am just a person who likes Martial arts and has learned some martial arts..but am not full time martial artist.
    What would I be coming to Florida for? What exactly will I believe? That you are an actual person, whom I have never met? And where in Florida exactly am I supposed to go?? Gonna meet me at the airport and take me to tea, to share all about the martial arts you HAVEN'T studied?? Uh, yeah.

Since you're not a full-time MA as you say, maybe you should really qualify yourself against the expert opinion of actual full-time MA? That is a polite way of saying 'know your place' young padawan.

Whatever...

I already contacted them and am waiting their reply on their forum and here too.

Parella...with respect, no offends, I can not count your so nervous and angry attitude as expert martial artist. I will follow my own instincts...I saw some clips I liked them and I am trying to get a chance to start learning.

The fundamental flaw of the internet

"everyone has a right to an opinion"

DOES NOT EQUAL

"all opinions are equal"

But more curiously, you want to have YOUR right to an opinion but when Lama Pai Sifu voices his opinion on the clips, not only did they attack him, they attacked his style, his lineage and his sifu.... only to demonstrate in their attacks that they don't know much about any of the above
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

How many of you nay-sayers have personally met Doo Wai - or any of his students ? How many of you have personally spoken to any of them ? Have you touched hands ? Played with them at all ? Have you had any “real” conversations with any of them ?

I don’t know any of you so it makes me wonder …. who the he// are you to question anybody else ? I don’t know that you have any more or less legitimacy than you claim these folks to have. What credentials do you have that make you believe you are in a position to conduct yourselves in this manner ? You think you have some kind of right to call people down ? You think somehow you have some kind of responsibility ? What do you think gives you this right ? Do you have some kind of certification that proves you are who you claim to be - and as good as you try to portray you are on these forums ? I can view a web site or watch a video clip like anybody else. I can consider developing an opinion, just like anybody else - but that doesn’t give me the right to actually think I can judge them and certainly not to attempt to discredit, belittle or demean them. Some of you speak in a condescending fashion, exhibiting how highly you think of yourself, but how many others see you in this same position ? I certainly don’t but perhaps that’s because I don’t know you any more than you know me --- or any more than you seem to know the people you are treating in this manner.

You don’t know me and I don’t know you – so that can be interpreted as you are in no different position than I am to “judge” any one. AFTER you go personally talk to Doo Wai and AFTER you go touch hands with him --- THEN I can give some cause to put legitimacy into whatever opinion you may come away with. But unlike some of the mindless here --- your opinion does not automatically become my opinion.

Spend more time on your own art, your own practice and training. I find it difficult to see how much training some of you can have time for when your forum posting activity is so high.

Leave the forums for solid discussions. Varying opinions should be fine but opinions and perspectives can be communicated in a manner that is conducive to positive exchanges of ideas, principles positions. When all one wants to do is attempt to belittle or discredit someone else it seriously diminishes, not just yourselves, but also the integrity of the forum as a whole.

I found some of this humorous but some of you folks are relentless. It begins to look like something that would better be utilized as a psychological study. Think about it.

What say you get back to what you actually “know” and perhaps indicate how your style(s) differ from what you think you see (note that I didn’t say how they are better or worse - just how they differ).

On a side note – I watched some of the YouTube clips of Doo Wai. An observation : most are taken inside this small hall some have referred to. There is one, however, that looks to be older. This clip of when Doo Wai was younger is taken in a large open area. This clip demonstrates a lot more footwork and movement than the other clips taken in a physically restrictive area.
    "The moon is not affected by the baying of wolves" - TenTigers 6/29/06
    佛山

I believe that one never knows what one has until they touch hands....so until that happens it's best to keep opinion open minded. but the forum is for stating one's opinion..you can't have it both ways. If an opinion is viewed as disrespectful, that goes both ways as well. So be mindful and tactful.

Yes. Thank you. That's another way of conveying this sentament : "Varying opinions should be fine but opinions and perspectives can be communicated in a manner that is conducive to positive exchanges of ideas, principles positions".
    All I really want to do is get the communications (back) on track of productive dialogues. There is certainly enough diversity and experience here to make such dialogues of significant value.
    佛山

Well then, perhaps in that light you'd like to comment on this fact

My thoughs, on BFP, was that the tape I saw was "cheesey" like it was filmed in someone's living room and they were wearing souvenier (sp?) stand fake Chinese clothing, maybe it's the wrong tape I am thinking about
    That statement resulted in Doo Wai (if you believe it is him) attacking myself, my teacher, my system and my lineage
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

mmmm, no. I have nothing to comment on relative to those specific remarks. Thank you.
    佛山

I read the whole thread again and am not seeing any attack on your lineage

I read the entire thread, and I didn't see an insult to your lineage or sifu either, but perhaps you took something the wrong way, which is typical of the internet. but i'd suggest that although I agree that their "stuff" seems a bit suspect, it's best not to pass judgement based on clips and parlor tricks alone. I mean dems are just demos and may not represent the actuality of the school's art. I remember your sifu and yourselves mostly demo'd the spear and slab breaking. should one use these demos as representation of your kung fu? I certantly don't think so. The only way to do that would be to either join your class or touch your hands. There's no in between.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pakhok View Post
    I saw Bak Fu Pai clips , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhG4...elated&search=

Is this White Tiger skin real???
    Does it mean that I must find White Crane to kill and bring in to my room where I practiced little bit? That gradious bird I don't think so. If I could I will protect all animals from people.
    Tiger is one of the grandious animals, I am realy sorry for that animal hanging on the wall while somebody practicing MA style called by her own name !!! In my country we call that a PARADOX.

peace
    That video is really funny. You can tell by how tight he holds his neck and shoulders that no power can get through. Also, there is no coordination between eyes, body and hands. Its like his body is doing one thing and while his eyes and hands are doing something totally different.

Compare with this Sifu who has whole body coordination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccUjuaGTllQ

(BTW, isn't youtube cool!)

i agree

as the guy posted above me said the Bak Fu Pai clips , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGhG4...elated&search= do look rushed and pretty **** pish compared to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccUjuaGTllQ
    ,,,now that guy looks **** good you can see the power and it is as quick as the bak fu pai clip if not quicker and doesnt look rushed...big big difference...the bak fu pai guy looks nothing like the second dude in terms of power and quality...

Pakhok - I think I'm ready for you. I have competed with the froggies too. I tried to move to bigger competition - but ended up having to run for my life so much ... I developed better skills. Now I can still take on the froggies - also the squirrels -- maybe I'm ready for YOU - here's MY video :

http://www.zippyvideos.com/721627300...xtremejumpers/
    佛山

Busy thread.
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Doo Wai was looking at the avatar for Ross Sifu and presumed that was an ACTUAL photo

It's not? Oh. Sorry Dave.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart