Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: On Behalf of Grandmaster Doo Wai

Even with the video where he is in the wide open space, he is hoping and skipping in a way that other KF styles DON'T.

He is not utilizing any waist power and it is pretty clear that his strikes do not come from his stance, more so the flailing of his arms.

Like I said, it is obvious he has learned something, there are techniques there, albeit a bit sloppy (Slow or fast, they're still sloppy) and even a few trademark Bok Mei Combos. And with all the other controversey surrounding him and his style, it seems like he's a guy who has embelissed quite a bit about his KF and some KF history.

Talking

Wow, hey cjurakpt, your comments and questions are tortuous (look it up in the dictionary)....WOW

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Wow. This says it all. Where did you guys come up with this info? High Low Systems? 4 Tigers? + Snow Tiger?

This is the kind of crap that ruins Kung-Fu. Why don't you tell us more about these tigers or the monkey style, since it was 'taken out of the realm of brute strength.'

Who exactly taught you this info, and/or how can you support it? I for one, have NEVER heard of any of this stuff, EVER. I've been in the CMA game for 25 years and this is the newest info I've ever heard. Please enlighten me/us.
    Lama Pai Sifu, who are you referring to when you say: "you guys"? IMO you should ask the question to the person who made the post or comment. Thank you , sir.

So many replies...wow

Ironman trains in person with Grandmaster Doo Wai. You ask "who did he fight?".... That is an improper question to ask. We have seen how chi and jing affects body. We have taught how to cultivate chi and jing. We have never attacked another’s sifu or their lineage...

Some of continue to insult our teacher and our lineage. Some of you even questioned his language, culture and you continue with even do more insults.
    As we see the lama guy....he is half the age of our Teacher and he still has much to learn, yet he considers himself as an expert.... He is truly slow and sloppy based on his clips....and this moron lama pai guy is trying to call our Teacher a liar....this lama guy thinks he is a master…. hahahahaha…. He is a very jealous, insecure, wannabee martial artist...shame, shame, shame.

Anyway...I will try to make this my last reply...you are free in your comments, but it would be nice if you judge your words before posting.
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-10-2006 at 10:15 AM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    Even with the video where he is in the wide open space, he is hoping and skipping in a way that other KF styles DON'T.

He is not utilizing any waist power and it is pretty clear that his strikes do not come from his stance, more so the flailing of his arms.

Like I said, it is obvious he has learned something, there are techniques there, albeit a bit sloppy (Slow or fast, they're still sloppy) and even a few trademark Bok Mei Combos. And with all the other controversey surrounding him and his style, it seems like he's a guy who has embelissed quite a bit about his KF and some KF history.
    Lama Pai Sifu, I have seen - I believe - most of the clips you posted on the internet and YOU most of all should never use the word sloppy to describe anything.... It is evident that our gung fu style is not hard and mechnical like that external stuff you do and teach....

It is great that our Bak Fu Pai Youtube video clips have received so much attention from other shifus. However, we knew that when someone (not us) downloaded the first clips from our websites onto Youtube, some INSECURE shifus would feel threatened because they are AMATEURISH and FRAUDS. No RESPECTABLE STUDENT of a RESPECTABLE CHINESE SHIFU would act this way towards another system. The characteristic of the comments here demonstrate their professionalism.

If a shifu is confident about his own skills he will not be worry about another's skills.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lOguT2wVIE&NR

Blog Entries
    Anybody that has done real Chinese martial arts for any significant amount of time can see that this Doo Wai has some fundamental problems with the way he moves.
    Its not a your style vs. our style argument. Its more fundamental than that. All good martial arts share the common goal of moving like "steel wrapped in cotton." They might not all agree exactly on how to get there, but the basics body requirements/principles of movement remain the same.

IRONMAN;

This post is directed to you and Harut.

What exactly would you know about respectable Chinese Sifus? You claim to be a student of Doo Wai. You claim to practice a style of Kung-Fu called Bok Fu Pai.

Sidebar: Shifu is a mandarin term, Bok Fu Pai is a cantonese term, try to keep with one language. It might give you a little bit of credibility.
    Here are some very real questions that I hope you can answer. Since you have tried to attack me personally with statements that I am ammatuerish, a fraud, etc.

Plus, you are both students of a guy, who if I am correct, you don't even live in the same state or country as.

1. What is the history of Bok Fu Pai, and is it verifiable from anyone else other than Doo?

2. What evidence do you have that Doo is a great fighter?

3. What evidence do you have that his family were doctors to the royal family of the Tang Dynasty?

4. Who else does this style other than Doo Wai?

5. Where else can I read about Bok Fu Pai, other than through Doo or his students?

6. Are you saying that Doo is the only person in the world that teachers this style, other than instructors he has certified?

7. Does Doo have a school or does he teach out of his house?

These are very real questions, with no under or overtones. If you can answer these questions and supply real information (not that it will change my opinion of any video clips I have seen of Doo Wai - including the coconut breaks) but it will prevent people from thinking that the style is completely made up by Doo. Not that is would be necessarily a bad thing, to teach one's own style, but when you claim that it is not your creation, and when a history, facts, lineage, etc., are given with it that are untrue, there lies the real fraud.

I am looking forward to hearing your answers.

And by the way...How does one measure the quality of a teacher? Are the two of you - teachers? Do you teach students this style? Do you have any students? What are some of your experiences BEFORE you started training with Doo? How do you know what HE tells you is correct?

Well, all-righty then. It's apparent that few have elected to follow my suggestions. I can appreciate a couple of the remarks here, and tip my hat to those that tried to pursue a productive dialogue, but those few that I'd hoped to pursuade toward a different avenue choose to continue their path, evidently electing not to see or hear beyond themselves. I'll fall back to the shadow mode and hope to find a new thread with dialogue from those that attempted productive contributions to this forum.
    "The moon is not affected by the baying of wolves" - TenTigers 6/29/06
    佛山

That's better. Many, many students and masters alike have fundamental problems with the way they move if they are moving as fast as they can or close to it. I agree that in his "wide open space clip," his footwork is a little behind his moves, and perhaps he is "hopping" around a bit. Oh well, this is a common problem in Bai Mei and its "the like." With higher level forms of "the like," it's very easy for one to have his footwork behind his hands because of so many combos due to occur with each step. Being preoccupied with "rooting" (ha, I know) during basics and during form work is not always the way to go. This can create the flatfoot and eventually the hopping when going fast.

About the waist thing, is he beyond that? If he is a master of said style and said method, he would be... Right? If he is a "true master" of said style, the last thing we would see is his waist movement because it would be the least exaggerated movement. It would occur simultaneously with each breath, no matter if the breath was in or out. Then the chi at the hands already summoned... Right?

Anyways, it doesn't matter one way or the other I guess. As for the hard arses on this thread, FUUCK you guys need to get laid.
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 11-10-2006 at 09:14 AM.

Who are Doo Wai's students to criticize Lama Pai Sifu? Have they ever seen high level Tibetan Martial Art? Have they ever touched hands with Lama Pai Sifu?

It is apparent that they are just upset that a high level and respected sifu has criticized their teacher

If I tell you that with his Chyuhn Choih, Lama Pai Sifu can cause a buring sensation in your chest from across the room, clearly he is a great master
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Just a quick reply:

I will ignore all your questions...although I can answer them one by one, will give this one sentence as an answer: If anyone thinks that Bak Fu Pai is a made up style...then, wow...GM Doo Wai is a genius.
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-10-2006 at 09:50 AM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Who are Doo Wai's students to criticize Lama Pai Sifu? Have they ever seen high level Tibetan Martial Art? Have they ever touched hands with Lama Pai Sifu?

It is apparent that they are just upset that a high level and respected sifu has criticized their teacher

If I tell you that with his Chyuhn Choih, Lama Pai Sifu can cause a buring sensation in your chest from across the room, clearly he is a great master
    Very simple...I don't believe that he has skills..till I touch hands with.

with the attitude he has...he is not as you are trying to portray him
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-10-2006 at 09:48 AM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

(raises hand from back of the room)

I have a question?

How come you never answer any questions?

(return to your regularly scheduled rant)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

(raises hand from back of the room)

I have a question?

How come you never answer any questions?

(return to your regularly scheduled rant)
    Again very simple...why should I answer to people who protray themselves as the top experts plus give themselves the right to judge something which they never ever crossed with in their lives?...you are insecure, and you are the one who tried to tie an accusation on us.

I have a question to you...just point up where we attacked your teacher and your lineage?

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

No, I have not seen high level Tibetian gung fu. I can tell you that other BFP students and I can cause a burning sentation in your chest and we can make your heart skip a few beats from across a room. Does that make them or me high level masters? But by your standards, I am a great master.... geez