Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: On Behalf of Grandmaster Doo Wai

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    No, I have not seen high level Tibetian gung fu. I can tell you that other BFP students and I can cause a burning sensation in your chest and we can make your heart skip a few beats from across a room. Does that make them or me high level masters? But by your standards, I am a great master.... geez

Brother....do not share too much...

They think they know all the gung fu history....If they have not heard of a style, then it does not exist. Chinese history goes back for thousands of years and some of us know that most gung fu systems were handed down from generation to generation within families. And the closer the practitioner is to the family the better. As Chinese families died off, a lot of information has been lost. We in BFP are fortunate to have a family inherited Grandmaster whose motto is " THE PROOF IS IN THE RESULTS".
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-10-2006 at 11:19 AM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Wow, hey cjurakpt, your comments and questions are tortuous (look it up in the dictionary)....WOW
    typical response when you have nothing else to say of substance:
    1) you can't answer a simple question (e.g. - by what qualification does the term "great" apply to Doo Wai as both fighter and healer)
    2) your dramatic statement about your imminent TKR and its subsequent miraculous remission was shown to be unrealistic
    3) you don't know the proper definition of a word you use (skepticism means that someone evaluates based on the evidence presented - it doesn't mean doubtful, which is how you used it -"I was the biggest skeptic in the world regarding internal gung fu and jing etc." - there is no "before" or "after" with skepticism - as a true skeptic, you are always open to having your mind changed about something based on new evidence coming to light)

instead, you resort to mockery and sarcasm (e.g - using the word tortuous to describe a point by point reply and then telling me to look it up)

Ironman - your credibility on this forum is essentially non-existent at this point and further discussion with you is pointless; post a reply, have the last word (no doubt you need it) and have a nice life.

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    typical response when you have nothing else to say of substance:
    1) you can't answer a simple question (e.g. - by what qualification does the term "great" apply to Doo Wai as both fighter and healer)
    2) your dramatic statement about your imminent TKR and its subsequent miraculous remission was shown to be unrealistic
    3) you don't know the proper definition of a word you use (skepticism means that someone evaluates based on the evidence presented - it doesn't mean doubtful, which is how you used it -"I was the biggest skeptic in the world regarding internal gung fu and jing etc." - there is no "before" or "after" with skepticism - as a true skeptic, you are always open to having your mind changed about something based on new evidence coming to light)

instead, you resort to mockery and sarcasm (e.g - using the word tortuous to describe a point by point reply and then telling me to look it up)

Ironman - your credibility on this forum is essentially non-existent at this point and further discussion with you is pointless; post a reply, have the last word (no doubt you need it) and have a nice life.

wow sorry, I did not mean to offend you

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Harut View Post
    Brother....do not share too much...

They think they know all the gung fu history....If they have not heard of a style, then it does not exist. Chinese history goes back for thousands of years and some of us know that most gung fu systems were handed down from generation to generation within families. And the closer the practitioner is to the family the better. As Chinese families died off, a lot of information has been lost. We in BFP are fortunate to have a family inherited Grandmaster whose motto is " THE PROOF IS IN THE RESULTS".
    Yes Dr. Harut, I agree....

Ok, this is something else here! What happened to the discussion? I mean, when are the questions going to be answered? Isn't that why you post here, to question and BE questioned in oreder to educate ourselves? Or do we come here just to pick and slander each other?
    Doo Wai guys: I don't see why it's so hard to answer direct questions? If you don't know just say so and ask your sifu for information. Also, if people here feel that the credibility is suspect, that is their right. You can't call that slander. If you don't like it then why post?

Lama guys: Your reputation is well known, so why get so riled up about what is being said? As sifus and "masters" it is also your responsibility to conduct yourselves as elders and at higher maturity levels than those that are not. If they are students trying to defend their sifu then that should be commended, although childish on their part, but for you to stoop too their level and continue the confilct instead of guide and direct you are then acting contradictory to the role you have been bestowed with. Like it or not, you are supposed to the role models for the next generation and IMO your actions here is not condusive to the responsibility.

I am not trying to single anyone out, I spoke to these two groups since they have the most dialogue in this thread. If I myself am guilty of any posts up until this point that is in line with the immaturity shown by these and other parties I formally apologize! Such is not the way of the ethical TAO, and my sifu would not appreciate if I have been. Remember gentlemen, we are a direct reflection of our sifu and what they taught us in fighting, morality, and life. Let's start acting like the sifus and warriors we claim to be.

And for the record, I'm not a sifu and am disappointed that a post like this didn't come from one!

your dramatic statement about your imminent TKR and its subsequent miraculous remission was shown to be unrealistic
    Its not unrealistic.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

wow...insults again....lets try to ignore
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-10-2006 at 12:26 PM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

I'm confused...

Dr. Harut,

Why the turn around by you or Doo Wai on answering the questions?

First (11-3-06) you said this:
    Originally posted by Dr. Harut:
    I told...I am posting on Grandmaster Doo Wai's behalf...that means He is the one who is writing the posts...and am just copying them here

Please wait...you will receive reply

I will ignore all your questions...although I can answer them one by one, will give this one sentence as an answer: If anyone thinks that Bak Fu Pai is a made up style...then, wow...GM Doo Wai is a genius.
    My first question ( which probably won't be answered ) is why is it taking so long to answer the original questions?

The second question I have is why the turn-around? Are you unhappy with Doo Wai's answers? Why isn't Doo Wai on here to 'defend' himself?

BTW I have been to your 'forum', it is pretty sad there. Seems like you guys spend a lot of time arguing with Jim Lacy, not much else. Of the 19 members you have there, 2 are Grandmaster Doo Wai, 2 are Dr Harout, and 2 are Ironman, and 1 is named 'test'. So just about 33% of your members are 3 guys

-David
    Last edited by CLFLPstudent; 11-10-2006 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling (D'oh!)

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Even if a gung fu system is handed down from generation to generation within a family at least some reference would be made to it by other martial artists a some period in its history for instance, some family styles were renowned for the sword, staff or spear play or the system has produced a famous fighter or a master in it’s history, or some sifu or student has crossed hands with some on from the style in the past.
    You claim BFP has been handed down from generation to generation yet until resent years only student’s people at the BFP schools had heard of it.
    As for closer to the family the better depends on the family & the instructor.

cjurakpt Guest
    Its not unrealistic.
    ok - why not?

Iron man stated that at the age of 24 he thought that he was going to have to havea a "knee replacement"; I asked Ironman why he thought he needed one, and asked him if he was told this by an orthopedic surgeo; unfortunately, he never answered the question (he got all wound up about my torutous reply and then later on "apologized" for "offending" me, as if I really gave a crap); anyway, I then pointed out that the likelyhood of a 24 y/o requiring a "knee replacement" in the absence of serious trauma or some sort of significant organic condition was extremely unlikely in the first place,since TKR's are typically done on older adults subsequent to long term degenerative changes; regardless of that, if in fact he did have the degree of degenerative changes within the knee joint that would make it necessary to have such a serious operation, then no amount of external linement or internal herbal remedies would reverse that process, especially not in 4 months; if he did experience symptomatic aleviation of knee pain in 4 months, then the cause of his knee pain was more likely the result of a local chronic inflammatory process as opposed to the degenerative changes requiring a TKR

but I guess if you just say "it's not unrealistic" without providing a shred of evidence to back up your opinion, well, you're the "doctor", so I guess that we just have to believe you;

regardless of what you guys do CMA-wise (which if you notice, I havn't said a thing about specifically, and certainly not negatively), neither you nor Ironman seem to have the ability to carry on a reasoned discussion, so I'm basically done trying to communicate with both of you; have a nice life

When posted for GM Doo Wai, I said so.

I choose not to answer...am not here to advertise BFP...we have sites , you can go and read there.

Plus...its been years am in BFP Family under GM Doo Wai and as I said am always in contact with him online and have been in US on and off to learn directly from Him...so its absurd to say that I might be unhappy with answers...I know answers already...but the way your friends attacked us and insulted us we choose to ignore just to make things calm down...but they went more in their insults...even in they tried to accuse us on this thread that we attacked their teacher and lineage...and they are unable to show where and when we attacked, even more they tried to call our Teacher a liar.....would I answer to such people's questions?

GM Doo Wai defend hmself?...from whom? and who are the ones that are trying to accuse our Teacher?...who are these people in the first place?..they have their own road and we have ours...but they think they have the right to judge a system even without knowing the system....I already gave them the replies they deserve.

Even in the above post their friend is saying we are students and they are masters...yes we are glad to be students, and we are not for a title, we are for knowledge only....but if I count the standard they put for calling themselves masters...then many in BFP family surpass them.

Well, you say you have been in our forum...that means everyone who saw that link can come there,.... come and ask directly to GM Doo Wai, is He is the real Doo Wai or someone else trying to be Doo Wai?

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

ok - why not?

Iron man stated that at the age of 24 he thought that he was going to have to havea a "knee replacement"; I asked Ironman why he thought he needed one, and asked him if he was told this by an orthopedic surgeo; unfortunately, he never answered the question (he got all wound up about my torutous reply and then later on "apologized" for "offending" me, as if I really gave a crap); anyway, I then pointed out that the likelyhood of a 24 y/o requiring a "knee replacement" in the absence of serious trauma or some sort of significant organic condition was extremely unlikely in the first place,since TKR's are typically done on older adults subsequent to long term degenerative changes; regardless of that, if in fact he did have the degree of degenerative changes within the knee joint that would make it necessary to have such a serious operation, then no amount of external linement or internal herbal remedies would reverse that process, especially not in 4 months; if he did experience symptomatic aleviation of knee pain in 4 months, then the cause of his knee pain was more likely the result of a local chronic inflammatory process as opposed to the degenerative changes requiring a TKR

but I guess if you just say "it's not unrealistic" without providing a shred of evidence to back up your opinion, well, you're the "doctor", so I guess that we just have to believe you;

regardless of what you guys do CMA-wise (which if you notice, I havn't said a thing about specifically, and certainly not negatively), neither you nor Ironman seem to have the ability to carry on a reasoned discussion, so I'm basically done trying to communicate with both of you; have a nice life
    I have no reply other than say again that yes its not unrealistic....I have seen how internal remedies and external jows made arthritis to get better in short time....thats what I mean that its not unrealistic.

Yes Ironman had knee injuries and GM has cured them.

By the way, his apologies were sincere
    Last edited by Dr.Harut; 11-10-2006 at 01:35 PM.

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout

Originally Dr. Harut wrote:
    I choose not to answer...am not here to advertise BFP...we have sites , you can go and read there.
    Why choose not to answer now? There are no answers to Sifu Ross' questions there. You must acknowledge that by 'choosing' not to answer the questions now that it looks like you or Doo Wai are afraid to answer them.

Also, why go to your 'Forum' when you came here ( along with at least 1 other member from that forum - so now there are about 20% of your 'Forum' members here ) ? Like I said - the only post's on that forum are bickering between Jim Lacy ( or someone using his name) and your BFP students.

-David

why should I answer to people who protray themselves as the top experts plus give themselves the right to judge something which they never ever crossed with in their lives?
    Pot to kettle, come in kettle, this is pot, over.....

By the way, I give you a 10 on the question ducking meter ... but I still can't dance to it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Pot to kettle, come in kettle, this is pot, over.....

By the way, I give you a 10 on the question ducking meter ... but I still can't dance to it

First of all...show us where and when we attacked your teacher and lineage?

From Beirut, Lebanon
    Dr.Harout